House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the House Of Night Novels created by P.C. and Kristin Cast. Here, you can discuss each book of House Of Night and each individual characters etc. And also you can role play.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Contact Us - honfanforum@gmail.com  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Tue May 14, 2019 11:14 am
Top posters
VampyreFreak (3778)
A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_vote_lcapA Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_voting_barA Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_vote_rcap 
Rosalie (2948)
A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_vote_lcapA Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_voting_barA Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_vote_rcap 
calico (2263)
natshane (1789)
Namine+Roxas (1749)
ML3 (1217)
Kila (1066)
*~Dreamer~* (1037)
!lunerflower! (946)
Havoc (661)
Latest topics
» insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD
A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 pm by Katie-la

» Dreamer's Poetry
A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:03 pm by Katie-la

» What you last did
A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:19 am by natshane

» finsh the sentence ( game)
A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:18 am by natshane

» Look Around
A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:17 am by natshane

» Have you ever........(game)
A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:16 am by natshane

» If You Could Change One Thing About Yourself
A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» what are you listening to right now?
A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» Last Thing You Watched
A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:14 am by natshane

A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Female Join date : 2009-06-16

Character sheet
Name: Dreamer (Left); Sky (Right)
Affinity: Power Tapping and Invisibility (both)

A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) Empty
PostSubject: A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play)   A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:40 am

Short form:
Dr Berg: Dr
Counsellor: C
Tillie: T
Ruth: R
Beatrice: B

Scene 1 (copied from original script)
Setting: School staffroom.

Dr: I’d like you to talk to the Hunsdorfers to find out more about Matilda’s family background and home situation. Talk to everyone in the house to see if there’s anything to explain her strange behavior with regards to her mother’s attendance at the Science Fair. I’ll warn you though, not to probe too far when talking to her mother. She’s no angel, that’s for sure.
C: Why would you say that?
Dr: You’ll know why, soon enough.
(Counsellor looks skeptical)

Scene 2
Setting: Hunsdorfers’ home.

( Beatrice sits on the sofa with her legs crossed, cigarette in hand.)
-Dr. Berg and Counsellor rings the bell to the Hunsdorfers’ home.-
B: -irritated look, she flicks cigarette on the table and opens the door- Hi... –Slams the door upon seeing Dr and C.-
Dr/C: -stunned-
(In the house)
B: -Demanding voice- Tillie! Get your ass over here now! –storms to sofa and dumps herself on the sofa-
R: - When B starts yelling for Tillie, screams- Mom! Mom! He’s after me! He’s after me! Help! –Runs down stairs-
B: Shut up Ruth! I’ve got a crisis and I don’t have time to take care of whoever imaginary character you’ve conjured up, so just shut up.
Ruth: But he really IS chasing me! HELP!
B: -shrills- One more time and I’ll chloroform that stupid animal in your room!
Ruth: -immediately quietens down-
T: - Timid voice- What is it mom? Who…
B: -cuts in- Who the hell told you I would entertain guests? –pause-
T: -stutters- They… They are here? Doctor…
B: -cuts in- And guests like Dr. Berg and whoever that lady is?
T: but…
B: -cuts in, shrills- No buts, go tell them to get lost before I chloroform that rabbit and fling out all your stupid marigolds!
T: They are already here, mom. Just sit and listen to what they have to say.
B: -calms a little after listening to what Tillie says, stones for a bit- Open that door.
T: -cheerful- Right away! –skips to door and opens it- Please enter Dr. Berg and…?
Dr: -gestures to lady- Oh, she’s the school’s counsellor, Ms Daisy.
T: Oh, please come in, please come in, Ms Daisy. –smiles sweetly-
-Dr, C and T sits down on the sofa facing B-
Dr: Ms Hunsdorfer, we would like to appeal to you, once again, to reconsider about attending Tillie’s Science Fair… You know… Tillie has been working hard for this day, and I believe she would really love to have your support. It will be…
B: -Looks away- Short and simple, I. Am. Not. Going. –Turns back, opens eyes wider and leans toward Dr and C- The. End.
Dr: -gives a flustered look, at loss for words-
C: -gentle tone- Oh… Could it be that you’re afraid to be in front of others? Don’t worry, you’ll be on stage, but you will be…
B: Look. I just said, I. Am. Not. Going. I am not interested. –pauses, louder voice- Not interested.
T: Mom… Please? Pretty please?
B: Tillie, I need a private talk with you. -gives an eerily sweet smile when she turns to Dr and C- If you may excuse us for a bit?
Dr/C: -together- Oh sure, go ahead.
-Dr and C has their own conversation (unheard to B and T who were far away) when B talked to T-
B: You told them to make a trip here to threaten me right?
T: No… Nothing of that sort… I didn’t…
B: Liar. You told them to threaten me to go, so that I will be mocked at for my lack of dress style.
T: No…
B: -cuts in with urgent voice- You know I’ve no clothes, you KNOW that. –Voice raising- And you got them to have me go and make a fool of myself. You just had to, don’t you? You like it when I get laughed at?
T: -opens her mouth and takes a breath- …- exhales, shrugs and makes her way back to the sofa with the look of dejection on her face-
B: -mouth hangs open as T walks off. Makes her way back to the sofa as well.-
Dr: Mrs Hunsdorfer… We really… really hope you can attend. You won’t be facing the audience. They won’t recognise who you are with your back facing them, right Tillie?
T: -attemps to nod, but doesn’t really manage. (overcome by fear and inhibition)
C: Just wondering… -gestures to T and B- Do the two of you have some problems…? Because…
B/T:-together- Oh, not at all. We are perfectly fine.
C: -Caught by surprise, but regains composure fast- Oh, I was just wondering. Good that you two don’t…
T: Yeah, we don’t, we don’t…. Lets’… Lets’….
B: -Looks up from daze- About the science fair… I may consider.
T: Really..?
B: -speaks with more articulation- May. Just depending on how I feel like that day.
C: That is a relief to hear. We’ll be anticipating your arrival Mrs Hunsdorfer.
Dr: We’ll be leaving then. If there’s anything we’d like to inform you, it will be through Tillie.
Dr/C: -Stands up and shakes hand with B before turning to leave-
T: I’ll see you out Dr. Berg and Ms Daisy. –Quickly gets to her fit and hurries in front of Dr and C.
-Dr and C puts on shoes and leaves. T watching them until they disappear around the bend (walk off the stage).-

Scene 3
Setting: Hunsdorfers’ home. (It’s on the day of the Science Fair)

B: Ruth! Where is my lipstick? –fumbles around her bag-
R: -shouts back from her room- Didn’t I put it in the cabinet in the toilet? (note: R is not on the stage at this juncture)
B: -strides to the toilet and opens the cabin- Not here. –Gets back to where her bag is-
R: -Makes her way down the stairs holding the rabbit and looks into the bag- Betty the loon~ -picks out the lipstick as if in triumph, waving it in B’s face- (note: It is here that R enters)
(Outside, the cab horns)
T: Mom, the cab is here! You’ve got to hurry. Seriously hu…
B: -Flustered- Okay, okay. –turns to R- Don’t you ever call me that again, and get me that plastic flower I use for occasions-
R: -Disappears up the stairs and drops the plastic flower down from the top- Betty the loon, betty the loon, betty the loon~ -sings-
B: Ruth! I told you enough! One more time and I’m going to chloroform that rabbit. And this time, it will be before your very eyes. Trust me, I will do it. I. Will.
R: -holds rabbit tighter and stalks her way up the stairs (note: going out of the scene at this juncture)
-Cab horns again-
T: Mom! Just forget about the flower! At this rate, we are seriously going to be late! –looks at watch-
B: Coming, coming! –In the toilet, looking into the mirror, adjusting flower-
-Cab horns again-
T: MOM!
B: COMING! –Rushes past T, out of door-
-B and T leaves stage-

--End--

A/N: I wrote this last year... wait no, i forgot, it's 2011, i wrote it two years ago, for an end of year play (it's supposed to be an end of year examination for us)

I have no idea where to place this since there isn't an 'others' or 'play' section under the literature section.. Well it's closest to that of a story so I placed it here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/690245/
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

Female Join date : 2010-10-17

A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play)   A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:23 pm

Haha. xD You got an A, I presume. It was nice and quirky.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play)   A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:36 pm

No idea, i forgot. I just happened to find it somewhere in my desktop and decided to post it up to get some reviews ><
Back to top Go down
WaywardWiccan
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
WaywardWiccan

Female Join date : 2010-12-27

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play)   A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:16 am

OH! I love it! Very Happy All the mystery. And it's great that it's kind of a cliffhanger. Leaves all sorts of questions. How did the science fair go? Does the mom ever actually chloroform that rabbit (lol)? Do the mom and Tillie start to get along? What made the mom that way in the first place? So many questions!? But it's a great read none-the-less!
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play)   A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:20 am

haha, thanks. have you read the actual play? i do think it mentioned about the science fair, although i'm not sure how in depth it was. ><
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

PostSubject: Re: A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play)   A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:38 am

I haven't at least. But I really enjoyed it lol
It was really fast paced and I was really surprised that Beatrice went. But I was happy too.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Female Join date : 2010-06-11

Character sheet
Name: Adrianna
Affinity: Hobby: Writing

PostSubject: Re: A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play)   A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:59 am

The title is captivating and I enjoyed the read, imagining the scene intensifies the 'reading-feeling' haha. Is there an original play?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetwilightsaga.com
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play)   A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:37 am

Mine's a original play with the ending of the actual play. I use the same characters and their personalities ( a little)
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

PostSubject: Re: A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play)   A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Wait, I've heard of this play. By Zindel?
He wrote like those really old Pigman novels lol
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play)   A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 10:25 pm

i think so... i don't really bother about authors ><
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

PostSubject: Re: A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play)   A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:28 pm

I have to know them for the Academic team lol
We were studying him, and I was thinking that one of his works sounded familiar. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play)   A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Happy Ending to 'The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-moon Marigolds' (play)
Page 1 of 1