House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the House Of Night Novels created by P.C. and Kristin Cast. Here, you can discuss each book of House Of Night and each individual characters etc. And also you can role play.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Contact Us - honfanforum@gmail.com  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Tue May 14, 2019 11:14 am
Top posters
VampyreFreak (3778)
Door  I_vote_lcapDoor  I_voting_barDoor  I_vote_rcap 
Rosalie (2948)
calico (2263)
natshane (1789)
Namine+Roxas (1749)
ML3 (1217)
Kila (1066)
*~Dreamer~* (1037)
!lunerflower! (946)
Havoc (661)
Latest topics
» insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD
Door  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 pm by Katie-la

» Dreamer's Poetry
Door  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:03 pm by Katie-la

» What you last did
Door  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:19 am by natshane

» finsh the sentence ( game)
Door  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:18 am by natshane

» Look Around
Door  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:17 am by natshane

» Have you ever........(game)
Door  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:16 am by natshane

» If You Could Change One Thing About Yourself
Door  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» what are you listening to right now?
Door  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» Last Thing You Watched
Door  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:14 am by natshane

Door

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Female Join date : 2009-06-16

Character sheet
Name: Dreamer (Left); Sky (Right)
Affinity: Power Tapping and Invisibility (both)

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:52 pm

This novel includes references to other stories like Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, The Outsiders, etc.

Prologue
6785 million humans living in present day. Five percent of this population acknowledges the presence of the other living race – Y’hier (Pronounced as ‘Yu-hay’). Derived from the Wise Tongue, ‘Y’hier’ are what wizards are known as.

Three percent of that population remembers the war, and fears the land where a Door is found amongst overgrown hedges and ferns.

Less than one percent knows of someone who is a Y’hier, or is a Y’hier himself/herself. With this small percentage knowing, the presence of Y’hiers slowly faded into history in the world of Humans.

Some children books did have some reference to Don Ques’or (Pronounced as Dawn Qua-sur), the home where Y’hiers live, but since when were children books taken seriously? The reality that Y’hiers exist, became magical fairytales that children take for a pastime.

Only the older generations, the five percent of the existing population, knew the truth. Twenty years ago, when the five percent were still teenagers, they faced a war which lasted three dreadful years. Like that of World War II, many innocent lives were taken, and more children were abandoned by this war.
Although, in comparison to the World War II, a three year war was small issue, but it was enough to impair the relations between the two races. The two races that once lived in harmony fell apart.

The logic for the war was simple. The humans felt that Y’hiers were disrupting their normal way of life, getting everything before them. They see people whizzing past, and appearing out of the thin air, like wondering spirits. It made Humans feel uneasy.

Just for a simple reason of feeling less competent, the Humans started arm conflicts with the Y’hiers. Humans had better weapons than Y’hiers, though Y’hiers could summon disasters that could take down armies of Humans. That brainless blood and gore which lasted for three years took away 100 million living of the mere population of 400 million then.

As for the Y’hiers, they may have magical powers, but most of those in war were those who had just freshly graduated, and were not exactly stable with their spells. The elders were getting too old and frail to sustain any war, most of them were already sick and dying before the war. The children, on the other hand, were too young and did not even know what they were skilled at. To send the children for war was like sending a school of young salmons to the sharks. It would only raise the sharks’ aggressive nature to consume more. Children would only lengthen the war, and create more futile sacrifices. They however, followed their parents to war, for even school teachers and care-takers were utilized for war.

Tired of the senseless war, the seventh, and the youngest of the Wise Ones, restored the Door. The restoring of the Door meant that children had to return behind the Door. For the children knew not of the way home, and the needed someone to guide them when they are home as well, hence one of the parents had to follow them home.

However, there were still several children left behind. Some were abandoned because their parents were drowned in their own pool of blood before the Door was restored. Others were kept back by parents who loved them too much, or parents who detested the presence of their children and took that chance to leave them. These children who were left behind could not return to Don Ques’or unless they were eleven and older. It is only eleven, that these children step out of childhood, become a fledging of the Y’hiers, and is recognised by the Door.

Hence, many Y’hier children abandoned by the cruel war were left to be adopted by other Y’hiers who stayed behind to take care of their underage kids. The Y’hiers who stayed behind, taught their children the human ways. They were ripped off all their energy, by that battle; they wanted no more of all those unhappiness.

After ten years, although some remained hostile, but most had somewhat forgiven these Y’hiers. They accepted their presence as they saw the distinct changes they had made to accommodate to the normal lives of Human. In fact, Y’hiers have adapted so well, people began to forget they are Y’hiers, and think that they have all returned to where they came from – Behind the Door.

Furthermore, the present younger generations read stories of Y’hier and their war, like any other novel they pick from the shelves. None of them treat it for real, for parents have often told them Y’hiers were only creations of long deceased writers.

Nonetheless, parents still remind their children never to near the forest. When children question, they would always claim that the forest is dominated by hungry spirits, waiting for innocent little kids to enter and devour them. In fear, children would stick near their parents whenever they pass by the forest. No one Human ever entered the forest since the war ended. It was soon known as the ‘Forbidden Forest’.

Even schools educated the students about the forest, and drove terror into the core of their bones. Those images formed by computer graphics made the innocent children live in perpetual fear of the forest which is actually perfectly safe to enter.

6785 thousand million souls living in the present, less than one percent who are Y’hiers enter and exit the forest, and less than half a percent of the newer generation daring to step into the unknown ground...

Even so, there happens to be three children who cannot live without adventure existing in this population of 6785 thousand million. Despite countless warnings from their teachers, peers and their mother, still took on a journey into the forest.

And before they started their expenditure, their friends and homeroom teacher came over to wish them the best. All of them lived in the belief that the three of them would be devoured, and would never return ever again, or would return mutated. Many tear at the thought of losing their beloved friends.

As expected of the three children, curiosity took the better of them. Neglecting the fear reflected from the tears of their peers, they ventured deeper into the ‘Forbidden Forest’.

After six hours of gruelling hiking and trekking, they were worn out. Just when they were about to stop for the day, the three of them stumbled unexpectedly on the Door.

Last edited by *~Dreamer~* on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/690245/
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:53 pm

-edited off- New prologue is above

Last edited by *~Dreamer~* on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:50 am

Part I

“Kyle, here’s the door.” Jade whispered as she swiped her hand over the dusty characters on the door. She then traced the letters carefully with the tip of her index finger. As she traced, it revealed golden markings with amber borders.

“It’s locked” Jade turned the knob and tried pushing it but the door refused to budge.

Almost instantly, a comment was made.

“I think I’ve seen such characters before… Somewhere…” Zoruik dug into his pockets and fished out a piece of paper.

The paper was a dark shade of brown with its folded edges quite fury with worn paper pieces tearing away. With a lot of care for the piece of paper, Zoruik slowly unfolded it.

“What’s that for?” Jade questioned curiously.

“I knew I’ve seen it somewhere.” Zoruik showed her the foreign words on the paper.

“It’s different.” Kyle commented as he peeked at the paper from behind Zoruik.

“They are way different.” Jade nodded in agreement.

“No… It matches perfectly…” Zoruik countered after a few seconds and squatted down. He fumbled his bag for his recorder. Pushing in the earpieces, he fast forwarded the tape.

“Frotusmhere …The Door to the other world… Freedom it means…” It trailed off as the sound of a pencil on paper was heard in the background.

“Bro?” Kyle asked, “Are you still with us Zor?”

Snapping back into reality by the movement of Kyle’s lips, Zoruik nodded without getting much of what he was saying. Almost as though he was separated from them by an invisible wall, and he could hear nothing of what Kyle was trying to tell him. To him, Kyle seemed to be a little wary of what he might do to him or Jade. Well, it was not surprising at all to him. Zoruik was used to being treated as the alien, and having his efforts taken for granted. He walked up to the door and placed both palms on the door. Before he could say anything, a bearded man with a sharp hat walked out from behind the house.

“What are you doing here, out of your territory?” His gruff voice startled the three teenagers.

“Oh… N…Nothing much…” Startled, Jade replied hastily, tugging their shirts to hurry them away from the place.

Since young, Noruik and Toreik would often give them the liberty of picking a book from the shelf during reading time, which they could read to his sister and him. Every book on the shelf were books which spoke of the history, the present and the possible future of the Don Ques’or. It was also through that means, that he came to understand the other world better. Although, frankly speaking, he could barely recall much of what he read and heard about that world. No one could blame a tender teenager, who heard nothing more of the Don Ques’or since the age for five.

He remembered how then, was always bullied by his elder sister, Yoruik, who was eight, during reading time. His sister would always be by their parents faster than him, because it took him quite a lot of time to crawl out of his bed, to where their parents were seated. Furthermore, the books were too high for him to reach, even on tip-toes. As it was on a first come first serve basis, his sister would always, without fail, be the one to choose what was being read to them. At the beginning, he would get out of bed earlier, so that he was given more time. Of course, that did nothing to change the results. His sister was at least three times faster, and by the age of seven, his sister already knew the uses of the power rings, which his parents would not tell him what use those power rings were, and they would never give him a chance to get near any either.

Clear images of the evil smirk that spread across his sister’s face when she turned to him before returning the book to where it belonged. They would tell them which each of the people were and what roles they played in their world.

He had only immersed himself to all those magic and Don Ques’or for a short five years, and hence, could only remember a hazy image of most of what he had heard from his parents and picked out from books. Nonetheless, with the insignificant remains of the minimal amounts of exposure, he was still able to recognise that Y’hier.

Zoruik stood, all calmed where he was, and bowed low, “Much respects to the Wise Ones, I’m Zoruik. These are my siblings Jade and Kyle.” He gestured to his two flustered siblings.

“Go ahead in.” The bearded man nodded his head towards the door when he noticed that Zoruik could recognise him as one of the Wise Ones.

Only Y’hiers knew of the existence of Wise Ones, and only they, could sense the immense energy they emit. A Wise One’s energy can either penetrate a Y’hier with fear or embrace him with warmth, depending on whether the Y’hier believed in the existence of Wise Ones. In either case, they would still pay their respects to Wise Ones. Y’hiers who did not believe in the existence of Wise Ones would refer to them as ‘elders’.

“Give us the key and we will.” Jade replied curtly, unaware of the trouble she might land herself in.

“Jade!” Kyle whispered sternly, nudging her to shut up.

Kyle felt a sense of fear creeping up his spine. Somehow, that man in a pointed hat, which Zoruik had referred to as a ‘Wise One’, just gave him a weird feeling.

Oh Man, Jade, just stop trying to cut in whenever you like! You’re going land us in deep trouble if you don’t watch your mouth. Kyle bottled up his fears and gave the Wise One a meek smile.

Zoruik turned around, “You guys may have to wait for a few days for my return. I suggest you all go off first. Rest assures I’ll be fine.” He smiled at them warmly giving them each a hug.

“But…” Kyle and Jade was cut off by the man’s gaze and words.

“Magic is mystical only when it exists alone. Humans should return to where you belong, beyond the borders.” The man paused for awhile before continuing, “Please… and please” He gestured Kyle and Jade the way back to the safe borders of their homeland then to the Zoruik, gesturing for him to enter.

“Who’s he bro?” Kyle asked in wonder.

“The Wise Ones” Zoruik replied nonchalantly.

“Wise Ones…?” Jade popped in.

Before she could reply, Zoruik had already placed both of his hands on the door.

Closing both eyes, he slowly leaned his body’s weight on the door. Upon touching the characters on the door, he felt a tinge of warmth on his checks and whispered, “Frotusmhere… Freedom…”

As if controlled by some unseen power, the door gave way to him.

“Zor!” Kyle and Jade rushed forward in an attempt to pull him away from the door but to no avail.

The opening closed in behind Zoruik, swallowing him into what seemed like an endless abyss. Upon seeing that he has disappeared, Eoreik, the beard Wise One, nodded and turned away.

“Hold on!” Kyle stumbled forward to stop him, “Where did bro go?” He threw the question at Eoreik as if blaming him, though he did not know his name.

Eoreik looked up at Kyle and smiled, “Your Brother, Zoruik, has returned, only to leave again soon.”

Looking past Kyle’s shoulder towards the horizon as the sun was making its way down, he commented quite poetically, “Yellow to orange, worry in love ones’ heart. Home’s way you should make.”

“Don’t speak alien.” Turning her attention from a sparkling piece of broken glass on the ground, Jade shot at Eoreik.

“Our parents know we’ve come on a camp… You…”

“No point talking to him Kyle, he’s just and old man with a pointy hat. He is probably as old as Dumbledore in Harry Potter Series.” Jade grabbed her bag and turned on her heels, ready to leave and never return.

“Wait a minute… I think he knows a great deal more than just that to be called ‘The Wise One’. I’m bewildered by why he is called one anyway. We should take some time to find out more.” He said, after cooling off.

“Fine… Suit yourself. Make it fast.” Jade headed back to the spot where she was, arrogance and annoyance written all over her face.

“Do you want to spend a night at the Council Dormitory?” Eoreik offered. “I believe he will be back by tomorrow.”

Kyle raised a questioning eyebrow at Jade. She shrugged. Knowing her for ten years, he knew exactly what she was thinking. She was those sort who would never turn down a request for free things or offers. She often blamed it on Human instincts.

“Everyone likes free stuff! Imagine you win a lottery for nothing one day! You would be over the moon won’t you?” She once said.

Recalling that line, he shook his head violently. No. Not at all Jade, not at all. I would be too busy wondering where they got my name and address from. He shuddered at the thought that someone could access his details without him knowing, it felt like a terrorist group… Just that they were legal.

“What ‘cha shaking your head about?” Jade faked an American slang.

“Nothing out of the ordinary, just get moving.”

To jade, it was all the better if there was a place to lodge at for free. She did not mind facing Eoreik for even a month, if it meant free food. What could one day count as to her, especially when there’s also free lodging, and free use of television? She could be the fan-girl she adores and forget that she was supposed to be on an adventure altogether!

No doubt a kid… A small grin, barely visible, spread across Kyle’s face.

He took her bag from her and followed after Eoreik.

Last edited by *~Dreamer~* on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 12:23 am

Part II

Behind the Door, Zoruik’s adventure began. “Feels like the wardrobe to Narnia… “He commented to the darkness.

He heard some familiar, but unexpected voices from the darkness. Not far from where he was standing, he saw a brightly lit place. It resembled somewhat of a dream, those distant images that could inundate your mind when you sit by the window alone, on a stormy night.

“Still sucking your thumb!” A young girl teased, bubbling into laughter.

“Mmph… Go away…” A toddler, in a baby cradle answered, sounding rather dreamy.

The young girl refused to stop fooling around, and irritating the toddler.

A few seconds later, the dreamy toddler seemed to have awakened. It began to wail loudly. The sound of a door being opened was heard, before two adults entered, and the bubbling laughter came to a sudden halt.

“Yoruik! Stop bullying your little brother! Go do your work now!”

The girl scuttled out of the room in a mirth of laughter.

The female tone comforted the child, and the sobs began to subside.

The film ended with the toddler sound asleep and the adults watching the serene child.

He smiled, like adults bringing up their school life to friends, but without the sense of despair that those memories bring. He felt like he was going back in time, going back to where he had left off. A sense of rejoice and relief washed over him. He was coming back to look for a long parted sister who had always took bullying him as a source of entertainment.

Although he hated being bullied, but to look back at the life he had after five… He would prefer being bullied, than to assume responsibility that he never had to take on before then.

Venturing deeper into the world behind the Door, he stumbled over a thick book. Wincing in pain, he drew his legs closer to him. Extending his hand to feel the texture of the book, his finger tips gathered a mass of dust. He fished for a torch from his haversack and shined it on the cover. All of the cover besides where his fingers swiped was hidden behind a coat of dust.

“Route to Home: Learn about yourself.” He muttered and flipped the book open. Accompanied by a husky feminine whisper, the words glowed as he read them. Slowly, it drew him further and further in. He was about to sink into the book when the Wise Ones’ voices rang, “You’ll be in danger…”

He retrieved his recorder once again and put it on.

“The Door in which no man, but our race can enter through, can be spoken to.” A deep, manly voice sounded through the earpiece.

So this is it… This is the Door to Mom and Sis… Zoruik thought.

He closed the book and tucked it under his arm before continuing his journey. A heavy wooden stairs coated and shiny greeted him as he paced towards the heart of the house shining his torch towards it. Upon stepping on the first stair and resting a hand on the handrails, the stairs started moving by its own.

“Amazing… A stair-like escalator…” He patted the stairs twice.

To his surprise, the stairs moved up faster.
“Stop! Stop!” He started stomping on the stairs frantically, hoping the stairs could hear him.

As he passed by each level, several curious faces greeted him through half-closed doors as he flew past them. Maybe the book can give me some tips…

“To activate all stairs, rest palm on handrails. To speed up, tap twice. To reverse direction, lift up index finger. To stop, lift and rest hand gently.” The words glowed and sounded as he flipped opened the book. “Sounds like some stairs in Hogwarts…” He muttered under his breath.

Picking himself up from the fright of the automated stairs, he rested his palm again on the handrails and it stopped. He then went down again to the second floor. Once he got off the stair, a young lady rushed forward and embraced him.

“Oh my, oh my, you’re finally home again!” The lady was practically squeezing the daylights out of him.

“Uh...” He coughed, “I think you’ve mistaken, this is the first time I’m here miss.” He pushed her away.

“Oh my dear son, don’t you recognize your own mother?” She rested her hands on his shoulders.

“Mother…? Dad said mom was his age… You can’t be my mother…” Zoruik shook her off.

“Y’hiers don’t grow old physically at home my son, Y’hiers don’t grow old physically at home.” She smiled and shook her head.

“But I do.” He countered.

“You aren’t staying at home are you?” She hugged him tight.

“I guess… By the way… How did you recognise me? The last time you saw me was when I was five…” He trailed off.

“Oh that… Your dad has been sending me photos of you and your step-siblings…” She was cut before she could finish her words.

“And that lady whom we’re calling ‘mom’ now isn’t getting on your nerves?” He questioned hotly. His blood was boiling. Speaking of his step-mother was like speaking of the devil. He hated to know he was acquainted to her, abhor knowing he was somewhat related to her.

“I have to thank her for bringing you up, my son. I owe her a lot, for she has taken care of you like her own son.” She kissed his checks.

Thank her? Hah! Not in your next lifetime if you know what she did to me! I’m like a culprit of everything that is wrong in the family! And her OWN son? Really… That’s quite a joke.

Instead, he just kept quiet and followed behind her.

She led him to a bedroom that was covered with floor length curtains made of silver velvet. Almost everything was covered in silver. The table top, the bed linings, the curtains and the floor mat. Overwhelmed by a sudden sense of fatigue, he plopped himself on the bed and drifted off into dreamland.

When he woke, he was in a room lit by two ivory candles, two white candles, two violet candles, and one silver candle. The ivory, white and violet candles lined the side of the rooms while the silver candle hovered in mid-air , at eye-level.

It totals to the magical number… He noted. And they are all of mystical colors…

His train of thoughts was broken when the Wise Ones streamed into the room, taking their respective positions by the bed. The same one whom both his friends and he met outside the house handed him a glass of water and stood at the end of the bed.

“Where am I…? And aren’t you the one with my friends?” Zoruik sat up and asked in utter disbelief.

“We are free to roam and we can be at more than one place at a time. ” He replied breezily.

After Zoruik sat up and finished his drink, the ceremony proceeded. Following the ceremony closely, he studied every move of the Wise Ones. However, the language barrier barred him from understanding them. After each of the Six Wise Ones have chanted and placed their sacrifice items, it was placed before him.

“Put your hand in and draw a card of your choice.” Eoreik took a breath and left his words hanging in the air as Zoruik stuck his hand into the golden cathedral filled with silver liquid.

The liquid was cool against his skin as he fished around for a something to pick out. After his hand had scanned through the whole liquid, he still could not get anything from it.

“Think hard, my son.” His mother’s voice whispered beside his ear, “Stay calm.” She placed both of her palms on his shoulders, “close your eyes.”

She lifted her palms and left the room when he had closed his eyes.

His emotions quickly settled. Thinking hard of holding a card in his hand, his facial expression locked into a frown. Slowly, ever so slowly, he felt the edge of an object touching the tips of his fingers. Shifting and locking his fingers around the object, he realized it was a card. Lifting his hand out of the cathedral, he allowed the silver liquid to drain from between his fingers. The card in his hand flew towards the center where the silver candle stood. As the card slowly burned by the silver flame, the candle changed into a goblet with a liquid swirling with the colours of all the seven candles, ivory, white, violet and silver. When the goblet appeared, everyone around the table gasped instantly.

“The Seventh… The Seventh… It’s really The Seventh…” the quiet murmuring among the Wise Ones could be heard.

“The Seventh what?” Zoruik eyed them suspiciously.

Zoruik was able to understand the Wise Tongue for the first time in his life, but not realizing so, he just treated it like it was English.

When he turned to ask his mother, she was no longer there.

“Where’s my mother?” He asked baffled.

Ignoring his comment, Eoreik, who was sitting opposite him, extended both arms.
“To the Seventh One, welcome. I am Eoreik.” He introduced and welcomed Zoruik.

“I am Jordust.”

“I am Moreik.”

“I am Korlust.”

“I am Woreik.”

“I am Yoruik, your sister. “A tall dark brown haired girl introduced.

Baffled, he introduced himself, just as the rest had. “I am Zoruik.”

“Dismissed.” Eoreik called for the end of that day’s meeting. “It is getting late, stay for a night.”

Zoruik nodded and waited for the Wise Ones to leave. He noticed that Eoreik did not make a move and casted him a questioning glance. Eoreik signalled and two young lads appeared. He then left without a word, ignoring whatever Zoruik had to say.

“They are your followers, brother. They have to keep you in sight to protect you.” Yoruik explained.

He nodded and slipped off the bed to explore the room. It was filled with autographed wallpapers of his idols, Mika, Evanescence, Plastic Tree, Kat-Tun, Boys Like Girls, and many more. He lingered by each wallpaper to inspect the signatures. All of them had signatures of the respective artists and they were the actual signature, not just a photocopy. The study table was lined with novels of his favorite authors and his favorite Japanese comics. It was like a dream come true.

He grabbed a book from the shelf and disappeared into the words and pages of the story, with Boys Like Girls songs playing in his ears. Though he was reading the book, though he was listening to the songs, but his mind and soul was no longer there. It had been a long and tiring day filled with numerous unexpected events. The day’s happenings kept replaying like a film without sound at the back of his head. He was also worried about his half-brother and step-sister who were behind the door, in the other world. I hope they’ve returned home… It’s not good to linger in the woods for too long, especially when Jade is so adventurous.

Last edited by *~Dreamer~* on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 12:31 am

Part III

After a sumptuous dinner at the Council Dormitory, Jade was getting a little drowsy.

“Is she okay?” Eoreik asked concerned.

“She’s always like that… Ready to sleep after food… Just like a pig.” Kyle shook his head.

“Got a place to rest?” Jade yawned like a cat, ignoring Kyle’s sarcastic comment.

“Straight ahead,” Eoreik gestured to the alley lined by doors.

Nodding thankfully, Jade idled her way into the room. Kyle waited for her to disappear behind the door, ensuring that Jade did not know of his conversation with Eoreik. When he turned back, Eoreik had already disappeared without a trace.

Kyle sighed with disappointment and leaned against the back of the chair. He missed a chance to find out more about the secrets behind the Door. He strolled down the aisle, and checked every single door he passed by.

“What’s with that house…? … At such a hidden place, a mysterious setting…” He groaned.

As afternoon moved into night, the sky changed from yellow to blue. Different shades of yellow, orange, red, violet and blue coloured the sky. In a mere five minutes, the sun had already departed the sky by the horizon and the full moon was edging its way up into the sky. Soon, darkness hung around and the moon was the only natural source of light. No stars were in sight.

“Nothing gold can stay…” Kyle sighed as he watched the Sun faded into the curtain of sombre blackness.

Night often made him feel depressed, especially when he was alone. He hated nights without stars, there was no alternative sources of light besides the moon. Neither was there anything to distract him from the flooding recollection of that fateful night he lost his family and relatives to the mysterious full moon. The incident made him so depressed, the event made him fear the night ever since. He feared the silence, and he feared the darkness. Most of all, he feared the full moon.

However, that unbearable ominous feeling was overthrown by a refreshing breeze with a pinch of saltiness to it. It was raining. He felt small droplets of rain starting to pelt against the window panes. Some bounced into his skin, through the ajar window. Soon, the panes were dotted and streaked with the markings made by the rain. In no time, the wind began howling. It sent rain into Kyle’s eyes and mouth. The rain was wetting his face, as if rinsing away the past.

To his surprise, in the blink of an eye, although the strong wind was still present, the rain was no longer coming in. Even though the window was still ajar, not a drop whipped his face. The rain pounded on the windows as if screaming to be let in. He sat there staring at the window, thinking about what he could to find out more about Zoruik and the Wise Ones. Sweeping his gaze across the whole room, he was looking for something that resembled those characters. All of a sudden, a bag of books resting on the floor, caught his eye.

Hm… Maybe these books can give me some idea… He acceded with his own assumption and drew a book out from the bag. It was glowing faintly in the dark.

“Answers to your doubts… Sounds like something useful…” He schemed through the pages in search of some information about the wise ones.

The Wise Ones
Since centuries and decades ago, the Wise Ones existed. They are the balance of the world. As such, once they are off aged, they can move between both lands at their own free will. However, to be able to move between lands freely, they have to first enter via the Door to mark their existence.

They are not known to either race, they look just like a normal person. A human or a Y’hier cannot tell which one of them they know is a Wise One. If any one of them leaves the Wise Ones, the balance will be thrown and the Door will serve no purpose of protection to either race. It will become the Door to war, the door to destruction.

“So that is the Door to the Wise Ones… How scary…” He breathed.

He left the book open and looked up at the window. The moon was now showing itself once again, though clouds would cover it again and again, as if a mother playing with a kid. Kyle waited for Zoruik to return from his trip to the Wise Ones.

Darkness caved in as a sense of drowsiness overwhelmed him. His lids and limbs became heavy and he felt as if he was sinking into the sofa. The sofa felt like a soft feather cushion and a light feather blanket, keeping him warm without weighing upon his body. The irresistibly inviting comfort of the sofa accompanied by the gentle breeze lulled him to sleep.

In his dream, he saw Zoruik wearing a pointed hat, standing beside Eoreik.

“Hey Bro!” He called out in his dream to Zoruik, relieved that his brother was finally back.

“Do we know each other?” Zoruik replied, casting him a questioning gaze.

Zoruik turned to Eoreik and mumbled something he could not make out. After a low conversation with Eoreik,
He finally turned back to Kyle.

“So… You’re Kyle? I heard you came with your sister, she seemed to have enjoyed herself at the Council Dormitory. It’s a rejoice you all enjoyed your stay here…. Do stay for a while more if you all would like to.” Zoruik smiled, extending his hand towards Kyle.

Startled, Kyle took his hand and shook it, “Oh, no, it’s okay. It’s okay… We just mistakenly stumbled into this end of the forest… A little lost I admit…”He quickly covered up the despair in his voice with an embarrassed tone.

“Alright, I could get someone to escort you all out of here?”

“Oh, no, it’s okay. My sister likes adventures… Getting lost is all the better.”

“Do drop by again sometime.”

Kyle nodded as he watched Zoruik enter the door again.

He was drenched in cold sweat when he woke in shock. What a dream… With his hands on his knees, he buried his head in his palms. He had never had such a dream before. After reading that book, it seemed like his dream would come true soon enough. He was started to dread seeing his god-brother and best friend. He would rather not see Zoruik again, then to see him and not be acknowledge. Fear gripped him as he sat there with his head in his hands.

“Kyle… Kyle!” Jade’s whisper drifted into his ears. He looked up to see a face filled with qualm, as he was being shook violently.

“Wait, wait. What’s the matter Jade? Weren’t you having a nice rest?” He put on a masquerade of surprise to cover up the fear he held.

“I dreamt that Bro cannot recognize us…” She sat down beside him and trailed off in a trembling voice.

The mask of surprise was now replaced by real look of bewilderment. At that moment, he could not comprehend all the information that was poured into his head. His mind was whizzing with thoughts of how coincidental their dreams were.

“You… Really?” His words came out disconnected, nonsensical, and filled with disbelief.

“You mean…” She made some wild gestures.

He acquiesce her comment and turned away. He hoped that their dreams was not so fortuitous. It seemed to affirm his dream, aggrandizing his fear and worry. Standing up, he asked if she would like a cup of drink.

“Fine with me, I’m thirsty anyway.” She replied casually, trying to conceal her curiosity to know what was going on in his mind.

He headed towards the kitchen and opened the fridge. He reached out and took out a can of orange juice and a bottle of root beer. As if it was his house, he let the door slam and took a straw from the shelf above.

“You need a cup?” He asked, back facing Jade.

“Nah, a straw is good enough.” Came the reply. “I’m going to the toilet, leave my drink on the table. Thanks.”
He strode over to the coffee table and plopped himself on floor cushioned by a fury turquoise mat. He finished a third of his drink while waiting for Jade to return. Once she had returned, he took her can and opened it, a natural instinct.

“Thanks.” She dropped the straw into the opening of the can and started sipping it.

Her comment hung in the still air as Kyle spaced out.

“What’s wrong with you? You’ve been spacing out since I came out… Are you okay?”

“Oh, I’m fine….” He trailed off into his daze again.

She scanned the surrounding to find out what was causing him to space out so much. The book Kyle had left on the study table caught her attention. She slipped away from the coffee table and sat on the chair.

The Wise Ones
Since centuries and decades ago, the Wise Ones existed. They are the balance of the world. As such, once they are off aged, they can move between both lands at their own free will. However, to be able to move between lands freely, they have to first enter via the Door to mark their existence.

They are not known to either race, they look just like a normal person. A human or a Y’hier cannot tell which one of them they know is a Wise One. If any one of them leaves the clan, the balance will be thrown and the Door will serve no purpose of protection to either race. It will become the Door to war, the door to destruction.

“Oh gosh… He actually believes in this…” She murmured. “Alright, I’ll play along.”

She grabbed the book and pushed herself over the sofa, onto the floor.

“What are you doing with the book?” Kyle shot in alarm.

“Nothing, just trying to help Mr-Space-out.” She blew.

Puzzled by the comment, he just watched as Jade lead him into the book. To him, she was speaking alien all of a sudden and he could not comprehend at all. He felt as if she was not Jade, but a professional debater, trying to brainwash him.

He put up a hand and gestured for her to pause. He was tired of listening to a language he could not understand, a hypnotizer, a brainwasher. He said nothing more and pushed himself onto the sofa and lied facing the back of the sofa.

“Hey!” She shook him.

“Go away, I’m tired.” He pushed her away.

Jade noticed the change in Kyle, but did not want to bother him any further. Maybe he is really tired… She tried to convince herself to believe that thought and left for the room.

After she left, he lied on the sofa, staring at the ceiling. Please protect our friendship… He is as like a wonderful brother. Caring for me though I’m an adopted child, and sharing with me his life’s story though we’ve no blood connection. I don’t know who else I can turn to when I’m down, and where I’d go to when I’m bored. Nor would I have come to love the world of words.

As if his silent prayers were sent, he heard Zoruik’s voice, “We have been, are now, and will forever be blood brothers.”

“Zor?” He questioned the darkness.

The only reply was the echo of his word. I must be too tired. It’s time to get some rest.

The night was still young, and he could still catch a little more rest. Pushing the thoughts out, he counted himself to sleep, like a terrified child counting sheep.

Last edited by *~Dreamer~* on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:21 am

Part IV

Dusk crept in as light seeped through the curtains, illuminating the room. Outside, birds were gathering on the branches, chirping merrily. Little balls of fur in their nests screeched for food, pushing each other, hoping to be the first to get some food.

In his room, Zoruik rubbed his eyes and squinted at clock at the end of the bed. Thanks to his eye sight, he had to get over to the desk to be able to make out the time shown on the face of the clock. He almost crushed his spectacles when propping himself up. He put his spectacles on carelessly before heading over to his desk.

When he was finally able to tell the time, he was shocked at how he could sleep till one in the afternoon without anyone barging into his room to get him to do chores.

Suddenly, a parrot flew into the room throw the ajar windows and with much difficulty, greeted him, “Good morning Master Zoo…week”

Awaken by the call, he rubbed his eyes and mumbled, “It’s Zo…ru…ik… You are?”

“Master Zor…uweek? I am your secret agent and helper.”

Shaking his head and trying hard to allow the line to get through, he asked confused, “Secret agent?”

“Yes sir! Anything you need sir!” The parrot replied, raising a wing in saluting his master.

“Oh… Nothing...” He snatched the cup of water from the dispenser and gulped it down.

He walked to the door and touched the knob. Before he could turn the knob, he was at the stairs already. Caught by surprise, he looked back at the empty aisle to his room, then down at his hands. Did I just perform magic without noticing?

“Morning Bro.” A gentle and cheerful voice called out from behind him.

He was very sure, the aisle was empty, and quite certain, he was right about that.

“Where the hell did you come from? And how did I appear here?” He double-checked the alley, and still saw no one.

He had no idea what all those crazy, abnormal occurrences were about. Absolutely lost in the drastic changes between the Y’hierry world and his normal life, he kept questioning Yoruik.

“Alright, enough!” She pushed him onto the stairs, “Apparently, you haven’t been doing your homework. But whatever it is, you’ll get used to it.”

He watched as his sister controlled the stairs with such ease. I’m this far from mom, this far from sis… This far from the world I was once so familiar with, and so far from the world I am supposed to know like the back of my hand.

When his thoughts ended, the stairs had brought them down to the first floor where other unfamiliar faces were seated at a long wooden table. The lamp consisted of tens of white candles on a holder made of silver, hanging down from the ceiling, at middle of the table. Chairs had tall backs, beautifully decorated. Every chair was cushioned, even the armrests. The cushions came in many different colours, though the chair was a simple dark brown-black shade. It made him feel as if he was in a rich man’s house about a hundred years into history.

As he made his way to the table, he noticed that every chair had different designs. He tried spotting an empty seat along the sides of the table, but found none.

“Lets’ go somewhere and wait for…” He was about to say when his sister cut in.

“You’ve got to make your own chair, smart-ass.” Yoruik flicked at his head.

“Make my own?” he gawked, “How?”

“Here, take this seat.” She shook her head and gestured to the empty seat before her.

“But…”

“As I’ve said, you’ll get used to it. We work on magic, not on manual labour.”

He took his seat without a second word and stuck his head into the menu.

“Hmm… This sounds good…” He tapped his finger on beef chop and chips meal.

Before he could change his mind, the menu disappeared and a plate of deliciously steaming beef chops and chips appeared before him. Ignoring the bugging doubt as to where the meal came from, he dug into his meal. He was too ravenous after a good night’s sleep, to bother about the origin of his food. After all, it was steaming hot, and it seems edible.

While he was having his meal, he felt a gaze on him. He turned to his right and caught Jordust glaring at him. Upon having his glare returned, Jordust turned back to his meal. Only halfway through his meal, and still very much hungry, he did not worry about the anger in Jordust eyes and instead, wolfed down his breakfast.

As he waited for his drink and dessert, he would occasionally cast glances at Jordust. He could feel the fury radiating off Jordust though he was at least ten seats away, not exactly paying much attention to him, as it seemed. Eoreik saw the confusion written all over Zoruik’s face and pulled him aside after breakfast.

“Watch your back and never leave any loopholes. Bear in mind, power is in the minds of all souls.” Eoreik warned and disappeared before he could ask him what he meant.

Shouldering all the doubts and worries, he left for his room. He lied on the bed, staring into the silver ceiling. As if stranded by his disquiet, he brushed his hand through his hair and threw them on the bed. He realized that the Door brought him more worries than comfort. He thought he would reunite with his mother and elder sister, the remains of his torn family. He may have found his family, but more problems got dumped on him. From a true and normal smile, it became a smile of awkwardness and uneasiness. From genuine facial expressions, it turned to a masquerade of forced gentleness and warmth.

He got up and sat at the end of the bed. With his hands supporting his head, he stared at the tiles on the floor. The random patterns made up different images. The images began to form pictures and stories. It was as if a story unfolding before his eyes, one with many characters put together. With his creativity, he linked all of them into a movie and drowned himself into the sea of literature, forgetting all the troubling worries and heart wrecking doubts.

“You’ve been staring at the floor and smiling to yourself since when I entered… What’s up?” Came his sister, Yoruik’s, concerned comment.

Snapping back to reality, he stammered, “Oh… That… That was nothing.”

He got up and walked to the window. As if a bar of magnet to steel pieces, the troubles came flying back at him.

“Gi’me me a break man, lady, Y’hier or human.” He grumbled, “This is getting way too ridiculous.”

“A break? Why…” Yoruik trailed off as she watch him sweep all the books from the shelf into a bag in a swift motion, not missing anything in its way.

“I’m leaving, never to be back again.” He said, “I’m a Wise One before I’m even off age? Then and again, there’s this guy boring a hole through me with his eyes filled with hatred. What a life!”

He was about to pick the bag up when his follower took it for him.

“Leave me alone. I’m not a cripple.” Zoruik flipped at him.

Swallowing the sudden outburst from Zoruik, the follower refused to let go of the bag. As Yoruik was also one of the wise ones, and she was glaring at him so menacingly, he dare not give in to Zoruik.

“Am I your master, or is she your master?” Zoruik tugged hard at the bag.

Man, using magic against his own master huh? Nice one, but I’m not going to thank you for the ‘help’ Zoruik vanished to the stairway.

Tired of living like some Y’hier, he headed down the stairs manually. Yoruik who was baffled by his actions, followed close behind.

“Zor! Zor! Wait up, I’ve got something to give you!” She shouted behind him.

“I’m going home, where I belong. I am not going to return, and I don’t want anything to remind me of this place.” He pushed her hand off.

Also, this place had brought him enough worries for him to feel the warmth and comfort of his family. He would rather live with his step-siblings, though there was not much warmth there either. To him, simplicity was the key.

He also wanted to smile and mean it. This place was too confusing for him to mean it when he smiled. Though he had been there for two days, yet he had not even smiled from the bottom of his heart once. Facing people became pure dreary. Whatever he did, wherever he went, he felt like he was under a surveillance camera. As if a caged bird, or a wanted criminal. He was tired of living in a place where every move he made, he had to think twice. He was sick of living in a place where every smile was so agonizing; he would rather die than to live on.

Eoreik appeared before him in an attempt to stop him. However, a Wise One who has been acknowledged for less than a month will be able to expel energy without spells. These energy expelled by them can knock Y’hiers back, however, such energy expelled from the Wise One holds no effect on Wise Ones.

Although so, Eoreik was surprised by the strength of the energy Zoruik expelled. Forgetting the purpose of his presence for a while, he allowed Zoruik to pass, as he began analyzing the strength level of Zoruik’s expelled energy.

“What were you doing, Eoreik? You let him run!” Yoruik huffed as she continued to chase Zoruik.

She was a little slow. Zoruik disappeared behind the Door before she could pull him back. She crumbled to the floor, tired from the fruitless chase.

“I am leaving, never to be back again!” Zoruik’s voice, completely filled with despise rang by her ears. A tear rolled down her checks. I won’t ever see him again.

Last edited by *~Dreamer~* on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:22 am

Part V

Light shone in through the canopy of leaves. It woke up every soul in the living room. Stretching himself on the sofa, Kyle realized a day had gone by. He had achieved nothing, nor had he accomplished any. He only began knowing a little about the other world, the world which his brother, Zoruik, entered.

Swinging his legs off the sofa, he grabbed the book and slipped into a chair by the dining table. He flipped to the first page and began his journey into the other world. He reached out for his root beer to take a sip. Realizing that his hands were groping on bare air, his head snapped towards the direction of the root beer.

“Morning Kyle, just passing.” Jade commented half-heartedly, before she put the can down again.

“Give me some peace Jade. I’ve enough on my mind and…”

“Yeah, enough on your mind to get brainwashed by this stupid book.” She snapped.

Jade was not the type to bother herself with foreign information, unless it interfered with her social circle or academics. Furthermore, she was unlikely to be as close to Zoruik as he was. She could not, and would not, be able to understand the reason behind the closely knitted friendship between him and Zoruik. Even though Zoruik was harsh with his tongue, but Zoruik really cared and loved. Of course, Jade would have have read that far. She, just like any little kid, would look but only at the surface of every matter.

He exhaled. Ignoring her sarcastic comment, he continued with the book.

About
Trillions of years ago, when we knew not of the Humans, the Wise Ones already existed. They served as the balance of both worlds and races. Without them as one, the balance will be thrown off, chaos and war will break out.

The Wise Ones consists of seven Y’hiers, each chosen by the goblet. The seventh, and the youngest, is the wisest. He, though abides by the command of the first, and the eldest, he slowly gains more power. The seventh becomes a Wise One at the age of 15. He knows not of magic or magical abilities when he first stumbles upon the Door, though he possesses power himself. He knows not of the Wise Tongue or the Wise speech, but is able to pass the Door. He slowly ventures around the world behind the Door, and finds out about his ability and the other six Wise Ones.

The eldest, also known as ‘Holy Grail’, holds the ability to foresee the future. He or She is named ‘Holy Grail’ as he is in charge of protecting the Door and the House of Don Ques’or.

The second is able to blend into the color of anything around him. The item he blends into excludes the Earth and Air and it must be visible to the naked eyes. He/She is a Human with Y’hier blood (not a mixed blood Y’hier, but a pure blood Y’hier) or a pure human, converted into a Y’hier. He/she is also the only trans-raced member.

The third is perfect for a spy as he or she can change into anything, including non-living things like tables and chairs. However, he or she cannot change more than once per day, if he is not under the sunlight. Each change lasts for only an hour.

The fourth can use as many accessories or blessed items as they want without having the powers clashing. The rule of only being able to use one skill at any one time still applies for him/her. Is usually the leader of the Wise Ones after the balance is restored. Besides all these, the fourth is otherwise known as the ‘Serial Killer’. The result of this name is because of all, the fourth has his/her hands marred by blood the most often. He/she is usually the one taking lives of others.

The fifth can speak in a dozen different languages, and is able to bribe the people into believing in his or her words. He or she also has the ability to control the natural elements. These elements consists of, Sun, Land, Storm, Flame and Sea. He/She is also able to change a mix race Human into a Y’hier.

The sixth, also known as the Fallen, can manipulate people into believing his words. Unlike all the other Wise Ones, he does not need to replenish his magical energy. He is able to draw power from the surroundings. He or she is usually the one who breaks the Balance.

The seventh, also known as ‘The Balance’, can tap into other people’s powers. He or she can only tap into a maximum of five other powers at once. He or she can also share his tapping ability with another person by tapping into the person, but the person can only tap into three other powers at once. As he or she can tap into other people’s powers, he is also able to mind read. He or she is named “the Balance” as he or she is usually the one who restores the balance and peace between the two races.

“Sounds like I’m really going to lose Zor… He’s fifteen, and he definitely doesn’t know the Wise Tongue. He would have shared with me at least, if he knows that he has some powers…” He sighed.

“And you believe that thing? Those pages of ink printed on paper?” Jade challenged, knowing that Kyle tend to change his mind after being challenged, as if a puppet on strings.

“Yeah…” His firmed, unexpected answer caught her by surprise.

She was about to test him once more, when she remembered that Kyle was not one she could change once he had set his mind to doing something. She saw that unwavering sense of determination reflecting from his eyes. It struck her then, that she had absolutely no say in the matter anymore. She was only in the position to encourage him on, or leave him alone. Of course, being herself, she chose the later.

She shrugged and nodded, “Don’t ask me anything, I’m not interested in that thing.”

He acknowledged her comment.

“Pass me my phone, thanks.” He requested of Jade, not bothering to turn back.

“Okay…” She threw him his phone and it landed on his bag.

She sure has some nice aiming... He noted. In which I’ve never notice.

He plugged the earpiece and flipped the phone onto the table with little care after finding a song. He had shared the same passion for music, and the love for the same band as much as Zoruik did. He hoped Zoruik would still love the bands he love. Even if his dream was a projection of the future, he would know that the Zoruik he knew could live on. He would do anything to preserve the presence of this brother who dear him.

I am not going to lose you, brother.

Behind him, Jade plopped herself on the bean sack on the floor. Due to the sudden large amount of pressure she exerted on the bean sack, it popped. Little balls of Styrofoam bounced around her. Hearing the sound, Kyle turned to see little white balls bouncing and rolling across the floor, some proceeding towards him. Jade gasped. In an attempt to retain some of the fillings in the sack, she covered the opening to prevent more balls from falling out.

Her intelligence failing to her, Jade remained seated on the sack. She just struggled with the opening, hoping it would magically repair by itself. Unfortunately, she was no magician.

Kyle watch in amusement as Jade attempted to mend the bean sack. He shook his head and returned to his book.

Those who knew would often say, “Believe me my sons, never stray too far away. Stumble upon the Door, and you will never find your way back.”

Gripped by that fear, they always stuck by their parents and dare not open any doors. Only the brave ones would dare to, but only the Wise Ones could leave and return with ease. The Door that led many Y’hiers living among the Human race to home also defeated many Y’hiers who entered.

He read on.

Door
A simple door with no decoration, a simple door written in the Wise Tongue, Y’hiers would enter by touching the Door, while Wise Ones need to call out to the Door. Humans can only enter if they have a magical barrier surrounding them, hiding their presence. Either that or a Wise One has to be present and invite him or her in. Y’hiers cannot see Humans who enter through the Door.

The Door will never collapse to magical or physical attacks, but will fall if the balance is thrown. It will remake itself once the balance is restored.

He flipped the page and found that it was blank. He supposed it was a printing error, but to realize that all the rest of the pages were empty.

“What’s with them...? Making the book so thick and heavy, only to be filled with empty pages…” He grumbled.

He closed the book and turned around. Jade was now on the sofa, totally engrossed in a drama serial. The bean sack sat on the floor, with its fillings still slowly flowing out.

“Jade… At least clear up the mess… Always need us to nag at you…” He flop onto the sofa with is root beer in hand.

“You and your root beer…” She replied, totally missing the point.

While trying to figure out what she was about to say, Kyle joined her in watching the drama. It was a Japanese drama – ‘Proposal Daisakusen’, not anything that guys would like. Girls are really weird… Losing their minds over these dramas. He thought. He stood up and grabbed his bag from the floor, and slung it over his shoulders.

“Hey, enjoy your show… I’m heading out for a bit.” He told Jade while pushing his feet into his untied shoes.
Chunking the empty bottle into the bin, he left the house, and returned into the forest. If he doesn’t return by today, I’m going to get Jade out of here and forget about him. He would have probably forgotten us as well.

After trekking for an hour around the Council Dormitory and the mysterious looking house with the Door, he stopped outside the Door and sat on a huge rock. He flipped opened Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and began reading. After two hours, Eoreik appeared before him.

“You’ve been sitting here for a long time… I suggest you wait for him at the council dormitory.” He commented.

“Not that you need to bother.” He turned away, unhappy that Zoruik was gone for two days.

Eoreik, who only sensed that Kyle was a Y’heir, suggested to him, “You should enter the door. Your family is likely to be there.”

“They disappeared under the full moon, you idiot. Don’t remind me of that incident.” He shot hotly.

“They should be home.” Eoreik got over to his side and said, “You aren’t a Human.”

“Oh, and now you’re trying to fool me into believing that I’m not me? How naïve you can be!” He laughed.

“You are not a Human.” Eoreik repeated.

“Then what am I?” He replied coldly.

“Through the door, you’ll find out.” Came Eoreik’s respond.

Before Kyle could make another comment, Zoruik’s bright and cheerful call rang in his ears.

“Hey bro!” A heavy arm landed on his shoulders.

He immediately shot up and hugged Zoruik, “Yo, bro! Long time no see!”

“Indeed.” Zoruik laughed heartedly. “Where’s Jade?”

“Pigging.”

“Ahh… Her usual self I see.” He smiled broadly.

Noticing Eoreik, he nodded at him, he nodded back and greeted, “Hi Eor.”

“Eor? Didn’t you tell me two days ago that he is called The Wise One?” Kyle gave him a blank look.

“C’mon, lets’ go bro!” was the reply he got.

Nodding reluctantly, he followed beside Zoruik. Questions about his visit through the Door and about The Wise Ones bubbled up in him.

Once Eoreik was out of earshot, he asked Zoruik, “Aye, bro… What’s behind that Door?”

“Confusion.”

“About The Wise Ones…?”

“Nothing of much importance.”

He knew Zoruik was hiding something, but he did not prod him. As my bro, he had always been opened about whatever he could share. He must have his own reasons not to share. He assured himself, though he was still distressed about the dream he had.

Maybe I should share with him my dream, it would be a good remedy for his problems… I suppose? Anyway, it would be a good way to relief the stress of the dream weighing on me too. Proud of that thought, he began retelling his dream.

“And so, I thought we would fall apart….” Kyle trailed off, waiting for a response.

“You’re a joker, even in your own dreams!” Zoruik mused.

“No… I’m not done yet… That isn’t enough to make it a total nightmare!” Kyle exclaimed, “You’ve yet to hear the juiciest part of the story…”

“Alright, cut the crap, and tell me straight. What a cliff hanger…” Zoruik huffed, acting like he was totally unhappy for the wait.

“Yes, yes, coming… Jade shook me while I was on the sofa, thinking about all that… Guess what she told me?”

“What?”

“She dreamt of the exact same thing. Now, that’s a real nightmare, no? Jade, who always resents your presence, can actually come shaking me up, telling me all these. Most of all, she was trembling in fear!”

“Wow, amazing kids.” Zoruik laughed, “Both of you.”

By then, they had already reached the Council Dormitory. Zoruik helped Kyle and Jade pack up, while Eoreik prepared lunch.

Morning swept by like a piece of paper. In the blink of an eye, afternoon came around. Jade, Kyle, Zoruik and Eoreik gathered round the dining table for lunch.

As if history in the remaking, an awkward silence spread throughout the table. It reminded him of the breakfast behind the Door, and the fiery glare of Jordust. He jerked his head to the right to check if Jordust was still boring a hole into him, only to startle Jade and Kyle. He looked down at his meal in complete silence, as if apologising.

“You should relax. It was only a mere look.” Eoreik directed his words at Zoruik.

“I can feel it.” He muttered between mouthful, sending bits of food flying at Eoreik.

“Hah, he didn’t even manage to doge that!” Jade giggled.

“Sorry, ignore her. She is always so direct.” Both of them replied in unison.

As if accepting the apology, Eoreik continued with his lunch. Heaving a sigh of relief, both of them turn back to their meal. Perplexed by their reaction, Jade just looked at her food blankly.

The lunch table was all of a sudden so quiet; one could even hear a pin dropping. The slight rustle that could be heard before dwindled. Birds that were bickering on the trees in their language stopped their conversation all of a sudden, and perched themselves in a row on the smaller branches sticking in through the window. The branch was reaching over the dining table, with leaves of a bird nest fern drooping down from the fork of the branch. Even the babies in the nest built on the protruding branch stopped shrilling for food. As if the whole forest could sense this awkward meal, the air became very still.

“Smells like danger to me.” Kyle looked around cautiously, “It can’t possibly get so quiet.”

“Nothing can get here, just eat.” Zoruik answered in a bored tone.

“Your messenger is coming.” Eoreik filled in for him, “The forest usually becomes quiet when a foreign species enters its grounds. Parrots are rare around here.”

Just when he finished his line, a parrot flew in threw the open window and perched itself on Zoruik’s shoulders. Zoruik stretched his arm out and allowed the parrot to hop on his hand. He fed it some crumbs while untying the note from its leg.

Door, Parcel.
-Yoruik

That was all that was written on the note, signed off by sister.

Kyle, who was peeking at his note, zoomed to open the door of the Council Dormitory. The idea of a parrot sending a message was to him, like a spy from a war movie. It was out of the normal life of a human. Wondering what sort of parcel it could be. He would be the first to handle it, to open it, and to find out what it was. He was that excited about knowing what his brother could be receiving.

“Nothing here.” He yelled back, afraid that his words were not loud enough to be heard.

“Thanks, I’ll be going out for awhile… You want to come along?” He raised a questioning eyebrow at Jade and Kyle.

“Nah, I’d rather stay in than to go crazy with you two.” She threw herself onto the sofa, drew her legs closer to her, and turned on the television.

“I’ll come along.” Kyle replied, wondering what was up with the adventurous Jade.

Noticing the change in Jade, Zoruik headed over to her.

“Aye, where did the adventurous and crazy Jade disappear to?” He squat down so that he was at eye-level to her. “Chickening out?” He teased.

“Who is?” She got up immediately and brushed past him to get into her shoes.

Ahha, this never fails to trick her. Always battling her way through, claiming she isn’t scared, when she is trembling. He trekked back to Kyle’s side who gave him a thumbs’ up.

“Good, at least she’s out of here.” Kyle breathed, once they were out of earshot.

“This is a good place to lodge though. Eor is friendly and welcoming.” Zoruik commented.

Jade, who was walking behind them sighed, “Man… What has got into you two? When Zor returns, I feel like I’m forgotten.”

“Were you ever remembered?” Kyle joked.

Jade snorted at that, “Precisely, so when we go out for a camp, I was hoping to be noticed.”

“You are, by the birds, and other living creatures.” Kyle continued

“Speaking of which…” Zoruik trailed off when he caught sight of Eoreik at the corner of his eye.

“Lets’ continue our camping… Thank the Wise One, or Eor.” Kyle left the house first.

“You were a great host! We had a wonderful time here, thanks!” He bowed slightly to Eoreik.

“Oh, don’t mention it. It was a pleasure to have you all around. I haven’t received anyone much lately.” Eoreik laughed.

Jade stuffed her hands in her pockets and forced her feet into the small opening left by the tied shoelaces. As if stomping on the floor, her shoe started screeching against the glossy wooden flooring.

Seeing Eoreik smiling at the floor with a little despair, Kyle dragged Jade out of the house.

“Would you have more common sense and look at the situation?” he warned her sternly.

“So you all would rather listen to that… That… Eos than your sister?” She tossed back.

“Fine, you can say all you like, but show some manners!”

“Yes mom.”

“You’re such a…”

Before he could finish his sentence, Zoruik emerged grabbed their bags and disappeared into the forest ahead. He disliked them two bickering, which they often did. Even though he could not really understand how Jade did not find Kyle two headed. On one hand, Kyle was like her guardian, protecting her from his harsh lectures. On the other, Kyle would reprimand her. Did she not feel like Kyle was just trying to get on her good side?

He shook his head and watched his feet take steps on the muddy ground, marking a trail behind him as he proceeded towards the direction of the Door.

Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:21 am

Part VI

A parcel was already waiting in front of the Door when they finally came before it. The parcel was signed ‘Yoruik’.

“This?” Kyle squatted down to take a closer look.

“Don’t touch it. You never know what’s in it.” Jade warned.

Zoruik had spent five precious years with his mother and sister. He knew them well enough to know his sister would not pull him into a trap. Though they went different ways after his fifth birthday, he could still remember those times he spent with them. All the fun he missed so much, he had always wished he could return to the time before he lost his sister and mother that night. Rather, the night before he came to know Kyle.

Noticing that the colour of the parcel had already faded and the sides were beginning to rot away, he was careful not to brush the parcel against the grass. Lifting it straight up in slow motion, he flipped the parcel over to ensure there were no tears. Contended that there were no creases, folds or the smallest opening, he straightened up and came face to face with the door. Should I bring them through the Door? He paused to give himself space to ponder. It’d be a good chance to let them experience a little of the other world.

“Kyle, Jade. Lets’ go on an adventure.” He smiled cheerfully.

“I’m in!” Jade cheered.

Kyle simply shrugged, “I already know where you’re going to bring us… But do you know how to?”

“You’ve read something from my bag!”He gave Kyle a friendly punch.

“Yeah, yeah. Couldn’t contain my curiousity… It was gl…”

“At the end of the day, you’ve already touched my stuff.”

They fooled around a little, pulling on a short skit before Jade. As human as Jade was, she was normal enough to have no clue of what her Y’hier brothers were going on about. In fact, she did not have any interest what-so-ever about Y’hiers. She was only, wholeheartedly, intrigued by the idea of an adventure. That was also the purpose of following her brothers to the ‘Forbidden Forest’.

The whole idea of entering forbidden grounds was a breath of fresh air for her, and it definitely spelt fun. She had a distorted sense of ‘fun’ too. ‘Fun’ was to her, a term that that meant going to a place she has never visited, and testing her limits. It made her a little inhuman, but in a good way… She would not burn pockets buying branded or popular goods. It stumped her two brothers, that she would trade any Apple product, or even a computer worth $5000 for a simple backpack camp to a forest. That was the abnormality of the normal Human, Jade, who could not bring herself to belief Y’hiers.

“Where are we venturing out to?” Jade’s innocent face popped in front of Zoruik.

She obviously did not believe that they would be going to the world of Y’hiers. She did not even belief in their existence, and did not even trust that such a thing existed.

“To the world behind the Door.”

“I want to go first!” Jade’s merry voice rang, “but where’s the key?”

For she had turned away when they first chanced upon the door, she did not see the way Zoruik entered. She was still running on what was deemed as normal to her, the Human way. To open a door, one had to unlock it with a key. That was the Human rule, and also the rule she followed by.

Being a Wise One had its own advantages, and one of them was to be able to distinguish between Y’hiers and Humans. He saw right through Kyle, like how Eoreik did, and knew Kyle was more than a Human.

“Kyle, you enter first.” Zoruik instructed, totally ignoring Jade’s comments.

“But…” Kyle was about to explain that he did not read about how to enter, when Zoruik just gave him a push from the back, nudging him to enter.

The unexpected push sent him staggering through the Door. It not only startled him, but also shocked Zoruik. Neither had expected him to be able to enter the door with such easy.

“Give me a second Jade.” Zoruik stepped up to the door and whispered in the Wise Tongue, “Let her in…”

“Are you nuts? Talking to a door?” She pushed him aside and tried to barge in.

“Careful!” He picked her up from the fall and returned to finish his sentence, “safely.”

He rested a shoulder on her and entered at the same pace as she did.

“It’s dark.” Kyle whispered once they all entered, afraid to wake the silence and darkness.

“Nope. There’s an empty table, stairs… and it’s definitely bright.” Jade rebutted.

“The door cannot grabble loose lines; you need to speak it in complete sentences.” Eoreik’s voice was nearby.

“Eor, lend a hand?” Zoruik requested.

It was too dark to see where they were going, needless to say, the nodding of a head. Though so, Eoreik still did, and casted a barrier around Jade.

Suddenly, the world around Jade darkened to blackness. The stairs, table, and everything else that was once in her view had disappeared.

“What happened? Did I turn blind? Is this what this place is causing me to become? I want to go home!” Jade exclaimed.

“Shut up.” Was all she received from Zoruik.

“But…” She tried to defend herself.

“Shut. Up.”

“No… I mean…” She began again.

“Last time, shut up. Don’t make me repeat it.”

Seeing the tensed atmosphere, Kyle quickly tried to loosen the tension by looking for something.

“Got a torch?” Kyle busied himself by trying to find a torch.

“There’s no need for that, just follow me.” Zoruik replied simply.

Though he had only been here once, yet he could remember the way like the back of his hand. He pushed both of them up on the stairs and rested an arm on the handrail.

“Oh my! This is SO cool!” Jade exclaimed.

“Reminds me of escalators, just that this is twirling round.” Kyle added.

Zoruik was careful not to overshoot, it would make him look ugly in front of his two younger siblings. He slowly lifted his finger to slow the stairs down as they were reaching the second floor. They got off the stairs and Zoruik led them to his room.

The alley to his room seemed longer than it was two days back. He turned towards the end of the alley and saw another door. It was named “Kyle”. It dawn on him at that instant that rooms would be allocated to the Y’hier once he or she steps through the door.

“Kyle, your room.” Zoruik gestured towards the door with Kyle’s name. “Jade, you’ve to share a room with either of us for the night.”

“What do you think then?” Jade replied. She could not care less.

“With you.” Kyle pointed at Zoruik, “I need some getting used to here, and won’t be able to help her much.”

Zoruik nodded, knowing that Kyle would be choosing his card that night. All of a sudden, he felt really on airs. That was when he realized that the Wise Ones knew who was going to be choosing cards and who was a human just by the look of an eye. He was proud that he was a Wise One. Suppressing his happiness and pride, he hurried Jade into his room, so that he could take some rest.

Entering his room, Jade was surprised by the overwhelming amount of fanatic sense. Posters of artists and bands were becoming the wall paper. The wall colour was barely visible. Books stacked on the shelves and on the tables were all by famous authors.

“Read any if you’re interested.” Zoruik said, when he saw the awe written on Jade’s face. “Just be really, really gentle with it.”

Knowing Zoruik, she dared no open the book too wide. She was afraid that those ugly markings would mar the spine of the book. Zoruik had always been a person who is very specific with his words. When he said no, he meant ‘you’d die if you dare go near it’. The only people he had allowed to touch his beloved books and posters was Kyle and her.

Before diving into the novel, Jade raised her head and faced Zoruik. Is this okay? She thought. As if by telepathy, he could tell what she was about to ask. Dumping himself on the bed, he waved her off and tore into the parcel his sister dropped outside the Door. A pen dropped out as the parcel was practically being shredded by the impatient Zoruik. Besides the pen, in the parcel there was a thin book. The cover was so well-bind, it seemed as if it was a new cover on a wearing book. The pages were a dark shade of brown and yellow, words were a little faded.

When he flipped it open, the title of the book on the first page was, ‘Knowing our Kind: All that you can ask.’

Curious, he scanned through the whole book, looking for a single word that could tell him more. The book was empty right from the first to the last page. Not a single character was in sight. The book looked just like any normal notebook with very old and tearing pages.

Just as he was figuring how out work the book; Yoruik appeared out of the thin air.

“Ahh! Ghost! Ghost!” Jade screeched and jumped out of her seat. “Who… Who are you?” She stammered in surprise.

“Hi, I’m Zoruik’s elder sister, Yoruik.” She smiled warmly, “Same race” She added.

“What? Since when did I have a sister?” Jade questioned in utter disbelief.

“Yoru, she doesn’t believe that we exist.” He blew, “By the way… What can this thing do for me?” He held the book up.

“Write.”

He picked up the pen and wrote, ‘How old are you?’

To his surprise, a reply appeared on the book, ‘My age, you need not know, for I’m only here to help you out.’

“Who is this?” He asked without looking up.

“Ancestors.”

“Come again?”

“Spirits of our ancestors… Don’t tell me you haven’t even read anything at home?”

Embarrassed, he shook his head in silence and looked down at the notebook. Yoruik opened her mouth and was about to holler at him when Jade spoke up.

“Aye you! Ghost! Why are you so harsh towards bro?”

“Jade!” Zoruik covered her mouth while casting an apologetic glace at Yoruik.

“Nah, I’m easy with it… Just…She’s a human.” Her facial expression relaxed, and she laughed. “See me in five.”

With that, she disappeared as she touched the door.

“Wow… and she’s gone again… Really… My sister? I can’t believe it.” Jade shook her head.

“Then you’ve got to.”

“Why?”

“Because you are the only human in this family. Yoruik, Kyle and me, we are all Y’hiers.”

“Kyle? I don’t believe.”

“It’s not a matter of whether you believe anymore, this is reality. You’ve got to wake up from your naïve dreams. Y’hiers exist, just like humans do.”

Nodding in irritation, Jade stuck her headphone over her head. She was just Jade after all, what reason did she have to believe that Y’hiers exist? Zoruik smiled and shook his head. He wondered how Jade could have lived for so long without having some common sense. She was smart, overly smart, making her a little cynical towards things that are not scientifically possible. Her intelligence also made her a little blur towards daily life. She was so blunt with her words, Zoruik could not help but to wonder how many people she had insulted or hurt with those lips of hers. Sometimes, he pondered over why she could have such an intellect brain with such low EQ.

“Aye, be good and stay here. If I return to an empty room, you’re dead. Heard me?” He grabbed his coat and pulled it over his head. “If you feel thirsty or hungry, you just press the button in front of you….”

“Yes, granny.” Jade cut in, clearly peeved.

Assured that he had taken every measure to take care of Jade, he disappeared into Yoruik’s room. Jade was already immersed in her book. Too lazy to look up to say goodbye, she did not notice that Zoruik did not open to door. Instead, he had just vanished out of it.

Some worry wart he is… Jade commented in her heart.

Zoruik danced his way to his sister’s room. Without bothering to knock, he intruded into Yoruik’s room and casually flung himself onto the bed.

“So, looking for me?” He looked at the bare ceiling.

“That’s our sister?” She answered after a long pause.

“And you doubt that? As human as she may be, but she’s still part of our family.”

“We’re a pure blood, don’t you get it?”

“Us, not them. Not Kyle, not Jade, only us.”

“But we are all mom and dad’s kids.”

“Kyle, he’s not even related anyone of us. Jade? Nor is she anyway. She’s just a Human immersed in a family of Y’hiers by accident, because our father could not find a Y’hier in our area?”

“Kyle? What kind of confusing relationship is that?”

“Adopted… Thought you were smart…”

“Yeah, I’m slow. Whatever.”

“Don’t act like you’re almighty. Keep putting yourself on airs; you will reveal your status real soon. Remember, we only live in the legend of Y’hiers.” Zoruik quoted from a book in his memory.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Don’t need you to teach me that.”

“But you make it seem like you need someone to watch over your actions and words.”

“Leave already.”

“I’m no less busy.” He threw it back, right into her face, and left.

He came by the stairs and decided to find out more places that the stairs could take him. He stepped onto the stairs and gently placed his palm on the handrails. The staircase slowly moved upwards. It winded, turned and stopped at every level.

At the highest level, he saw nothing but a window. The light blue sky covered with white clouds slowly gave way to the rising moon and the darkening horizon. He watched as the moon slowly crept higher into the sky. At the highest point, it was shining directly through the window. The weak orange glow of the moon lit up the cold and dark room that made up the whole of the level.

As curiosity got the upper hand of him, he decided to check out the place. He shuffled his feet to check if any objects were lying in his way, ready to trip him.

Knowing that someone had entered the forbidden level, Eoreik went up to check who it was.

“Which soul dares to venture into the forbidden ground!” He bellowed into the darkness.

Startled, Zoruik stopped dead in his tracks. After regaining his composure, he realized it was Eoreik.

“Eor, it’s me. This place is forbidden? I’m sorry.” He stammered before feeling for the stairs to get away.

“Zoruik? Oh, if it’s one of us, it’s fine.” He quickly replied.

The shuffling of feet sounded again.

“Do you know what’s in this room?” Zoruik asked.

“After three years of war, twenty two years ago, on the top floor of Don Que’or, where blood and tears seeped through, the Door was restored by the Seventh and youngest of the Wise Ones—”

“But here? Wasn’t it in the forest?”

“This is the spiritual link way to the
“Alright, I’m leaving first.” He did not wait for Eoreik to continue, he knew it was time to read up on this world where he belonged.

Zoruik exited the room with much difficulty as his sense of direction was quite poor. Tiredness, like a blanket began to cover him as he let out and ugly yawn. He checked his watch. He wondered when Kyle would be finding out his position in Don Que’or.

Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:23 am

Part VII
He headed down again and came face to face with his sister. Hurried by his sister, he almost tripped over his own feet.

Upon stopping, he looked up and saw that they were outside Kyle’s room. His sister pushed him into the room and followed in close behind.

Nodding in apology, both of them quickly took their positions.

“Zor…?” came Kyle’s surprised comment.

Zoruik nodded at Kyle.

Noticing that the remaining two had taken their positions, Eoreik commenced the ceremony. “May all present, may all blessed, may all in here, welcome a newcomer.”

All of a sudden, all the foreign words that once set him into a daze became clear, articulated words that he could understand. As if a natural habit, he could speak in the Wise Tongue as well as he could for English. He followed the other six Wise Ones’ chant and placed his sacrifice item into cathedral.

Kyle dipped his hand into the silver liquid. He allowed his hand to rest in the cathedral for a fraction of a second as he felt the constant circular motion of the liquid flowed around his hand. The cool feel comforted him as he forgot the purpose of putting in his hand and brought him into a temporary slumber.

“Aye, wake up!” Kyle heard a gentle voice speaking to him.

He stirred and opened his eyes. To his surprise, a card appeared in his hand without him having to search for it. He lifted his hand and allowed the liquid to drain from between his fingers, leaving a cooling sensation on his palm.

The card vanished into the silver flame, just as Zoruik’s did. A little box appeared and drifted into his open hand. As if suddenly enlightened, he knew what that box meant.

“The vessel.” Zoruik and Eoreik whispered immediately in Wise Tongue.

“The what?” Yoruik asked.

“Nothing.” Zoruik replied.

Catching Zoruik’s hidden agenda, Eoreik ended the ceremony, and everyone left.

Once again, the room returned back to the same lighting and silence. Breaking the silence, Kyle who could not understand the Wise Tongue, started throwing questions at him.

“You are a Wise One? Which one are you? Do you know your powers? Why did you enter with that lady? Is she…?”

“Wait! One question at a time!”

“Everything!”

“Okay, what did you read about from the book you picked up?”

“The Wise Ones and the Door. Seven Wise Ones. Seventh is the youngest, is also the one who restores the Door and balance. Door, only falls when balance is thrown. Also known as “The Balance” First is the eldest, is also known as “Holy Grail”. In charge of the Door and the House of Y’hierry. Ahhh, why am I talking so much about nothing? Err... So basically that’s why I thought you could be a Wise One…. Yeah, so… Yeah…”

“There, you’ve read all about it. You believe in us? You don’t believe that we only exist in the legends written in your history books?”

“I’ve seen with my own eyes to believe they exist. I believe all of the Y’hiers know it. They just can’t face reality because they aren’t the Wise Ones. They are jealous that they cannot be the ones to change the world. I’m proud to have a brother like you…”

“I’m proud to have a brother who believes that we, the Wise Ones, exist as well. Anyway, the young lady you saw me entering with me earlier is our elder sister. She’s Yoruik. By the way, Jade doesn’t believe Yoru is her sister. I need your help to convince her.”

“Not a problem. She’s easy work. Humans are always easier to brainwash that Y’hiers… Especially like you and Yoru, the Wi…”

“Don’t mention our positions in front of anyone, even Jade. Don’t bring up anything regarding ‘Wise Ones’ to anyone other than Yoru or me.” Zoruik whispered into his ears and gave Kyle a pat on the shoulder before disappearing into the thin air, back into his room.

“Aye Jade, Kyle will be coming over soon.” Zoruik told Jade as soon as he returned into his room.

“Great, better than facing a boring brother like you, who just tries to hypnotize me into believing that Y’hiers exist and…”

“But they really do, Jade.” Kyle’s voice sounded before she could finish her sentence.

“Kyle? Don’t tell me you’re being brainwashed by this freak as well?” She sighed loudly and looked out of the window. “Where’s this? Weren’t we in the forest?” She asked once she realized she was in a whole new location.

“You’re in Don Que’or. You’re the only pure Human related to who belongs in a family of pure blood Y’hiers.” Kyle replied, “You’ve got to be proud of it. One in a century you know? Not just a hundred people!”

“You joking me?” She laughed.

“I didn’t want to come here too Jade, but you’ve got to understand… When you’re not human, you don’t belong in the human world. You may be a human, but you are still related to us, a family of pure Y’hier.” Zoruik replied monotonously, tired of a day’s of convincing. “I’m leaving the rest to you, Kyle. Good luck.” He let out a yawn and stretched himself on the bed.

Zoruik flopped himself onto his bed and fell into a pretentious sleep as soon as he covered himself with the blanket. He knew Kyle would feel uneasy knowing that he is listening to the conversation.

“Wow, you sleep real fast Bro.” Kyle was stunned. “See? Jade! Look at what you’ve to done to Bro!”

“Alright, it was my fault. I was just having some fun… Sorry.” Jade apologized quietly although not quite meaning it, not realizing that she was being teased.

“There, that’s our good lil’ sister.” Kyle patted her head.

Nodding silently in irritation, Jade turned back to her book. Kyle smiled at his own achievement as he looked at Zoruik’s serene sleeping face. The face filled with worries, doubts and troubling problems relaxed a little.

Reminded of his gift from the Wise Ones, Kyle stuck his hand into his pocket and took out the tiny box. Curiosity mingled with fear, he shook it carefully. He was afraid a magical creature would pop out from the box all of a sudden. However, nothing more than the sound of wood was heard.

Can I open this? He wondered.

“It’s not the Pandora’s box. It’s yours, and you’re not forbidden to open it.” Zoruik’s muffled voice drifted into his ears.

Startled, Kyle dropped his box. Did I just think out loud?

“Mm... Very much so—” Zoruik mumbled.

“You just read my mind Zor.” Kyle inhaled sharply.

Jade who was engrossed in her novel looked up immediately. Curious as she always is, she spun around instantly to find out what they two guys were up to.

“Read your mind? What was it?” Jade dived into the conversation, not knowing the head or tail.

“Yeah, why that all of a sudden?” Zoruik added.

“Nothing.” Kyle said, “I need to show you something bro.” He retrieved the book he borrowed from Zoruik from his backpack and headed over to the bed after picking up his box.

“And what will that be?” Zoruik sat up.

Jade was completely swept off by the idea of telepathy that she did not kick up a fuss when she was obviously being ignored. Instead, she jumped onto the bed, almost as if pouncing on a prey, and landed on Zoruik’s tigh.

“Jade. You’re not an animal.” Zoruik snapped and pushed her off roughly.

“Nope… Nope… Nope… Nope…” Kyle flipped through the pages while swallowing his words.

Not even bothering to apologize, she just sat by the side, watching Kyle looking through the book with extreme speed. Kyle was flipping the book so fast, almost as if a machine counting the pages of the book. Zoruik was about to reprimand her for lacking some basic manners when Jade’s gaze guided him to Kyle’s actions. All he could see were the pages constantly being flipped, the words on the pages were just a blur from the intense flipping. He gapped as Kyle continued his search.

After much flipping, Kyle slowed down a little. Like a word searcher, his eyes zapped through the lines. Finally, he dropped the book on the bed, facing Zoruik. The book was opened to the page of the purpose of each of the Wise Ones.

Upon seeing the page, Jade’s enthusiasm dropped to zero. It was the same page she had gone the other time, when Kyle was left spacing out after reading. She slipped off the bed and went back to reading her book.

Watching his little sister swallowed between the lines and pages of the novel, Zoruik wondered if he should perform some magic to have her acknowledge the presence of real magical abilities. In fact, it baffled him as to why she would try magic spells from fantasy books, but not believe that real magic could exist.

Noticing that Zoruik had diverted his attention to something else, Kyle pointed at a paragraph to bring him back, “Here it is.”

“Hmm?”

The seventh, also known as ‘The Balance’, can tap into other people’s powers. He or she can only tap into a maximum of five people at once. He or she can also share his/ her tapping ability to another person by tapping into the person, but the person can only tap into three people at once. As he or she can tap into other people’s powers, he is also able to mind read. He or she is named The Balance” as he or she is usually the one who restores the balance and peace between the two races.

“Then?” Zoruik asked, after reading the first line.

“You.” Kyle leaned towards the wall, inspecting a particular crack on the wall.

Kyle did feel weird having to tell Zoruik who he was. It was supposed to be expected of a Wise One to know his duty, purpose, and possible specialty when he or she was chosen. He went on inspecting the crack as if analysing what could have caused it and calculating the probability of the building falling if the crack was not taken care of.

“I know… Then? What’s so special? It’s just a name—”

“No… I mean this…” Kyle pointed at what was after the sharing of power tapping.

“So you meant it was just me hearing what you thought?” Zoruik whispered, bewildered by the sudden swarming information.

Kyle shrugged casually and closed the book, “That’s what—”

“Hey, you two over there! What in heaven’s name are you all whispering about? Tell me.” Jade demanded.

Jade hated being the only one who did not know what was going in. She disliked people whispering behind her back, and she would do anything to get them to spill out whatever they were hiding. She could not stand being kept in the dark.

“Not that you’ll believe…” Zoruik replied and threw his blankets over him.

Jade rushed over to Kyle’s side and prodded him, “Tell me, tell me.”

“Well… Alright… We were talking about…” He trailed off as Zoruik’s warning hit him hard. Don’t bring up anything regarding ‘Wise Ones’ to anyone other than Yoru or me. “Oh, nothing…” He ended.

“All of you are so hideous… All I get from my questions are ‘never mind’ and ‘you won’t understand’.” Jade stalked back to the table. “And you expect me to believe in all these rubbish?”

“There are things we are forbidden to say.” Kyle explained to Jade.

“Forbidden? But haven’t we already walked into ‘Forbidden Forest’ of Puerto Viejo?” Jade challenged.

“Yea… But you’ve seen it for yourself that we’re in a different place, no?” He tried once more, hoping it would work this time.

“We’re just looking out of a different window.” She snickered at how Kyle was flustered.

“This a picture I’ve taken when we first saw the Door.” Zoruik handed a picture of a house completely surrounded by overgrown hedges and trees to Kyle and Jade.
“Alright, I lost, alright?” Jade dumped herself on the bed, “So tell me what the hell you two were talking about!”

“Well it was your fault that you left without reading where I had flipped to in the first place.” Kyle closed the book.

The sound of wood sounded again as he threw the book by the bed. Kyle looked down at his hand and noticed the box was still in his hand. He opened it carefully and peeked through the opening. He could not make out what it was and overturned the box. A small wooden vessel fell out and landed lightly on his hand. He inspected the vessel carefully and noticed that some characters were engraved on it. Being a Y’hier, he could not read the characters which were written the Wise Tongue. Lost, he decided refer to the book. Although he knew the pages were empty the last time he read, he hoped that it was just an optical illusion. To his surprise, the book seemed to have answered his call and all the pages were covered with words and illustrations. He caught sight of a picture of a vessel in the book and lifted the book to eye level.

The Vessel

History
There is only one Vessel in the whole of the universe. This Vessel takes the shape of a human form and is a Y’hier. The Vessel will not appear until the Seventh Wise One, which is the last of the Wise Ones, is found. The Vessel is usually closer to the Fourth and Seventh Wise One.

Purpose
The Vessel plays an important role, especially to the Seventh Wise One. The Vessel is the only person the Seventh Wise One can share his tapping ability with. His or her duty is to stand alongside the Fourth and Seventh Wise one in protecting the Priceless One1
1 Priceless One refers to the only Human born/ related (via inter-race marriage) to a Y’hier family in a century. [/size]

So I am to stand alongside Bro and the serial killer for power to protect— He thought.

“And that is Yoru.” Zoruik glared at him, almost burning a hole through him.

“Sorry… Didn’t mean to…” He said in mock whimper.

Zoruik laughed and gave him a brotherly pat. Zoruik went off with a monologue which one could barely make out. Seemingly caught up with his garbled words, he went on mumbling to himself until he disappeared into Kyle’s room for the night’s rest.

Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:24 am

Part VIII

Seeing that Zoruik had left, Kyle checked his watch, a habitual practice he took every night, before he slept. It was almost four in the morning and they had to return to their home in San Jose, a distance away from Puerto Viejo. Jade would not be able to sustain the journey home if they did not turn in then. If they were too late, Toreik would holler at all of them and Jeanette would blame it on Zoruik. He knew how difficult it was for Zoruik to be staying under the same roof with Jeanette and he did not want him or Jade to be a cause of more trouble and grievance for him.

“Lights out.” Kyle flicked the lights off.

“Aye! I’m still reading!” Cross-legged on the roller chair, Jade pouted. “Turn on the lights!”

“We’ve to return by evening today Jade. Look at the time! You can always—”

“No! I want to read it now!” Jade screeched.

In Kyle’s room, Zoruik was jolted out of his dreams. Anyone who woke him up for no reason in the middle of the night would often face terrible consequences.

“Damn it… Can’t she just shut up?” Zoruik got up and went over to his room.

Kyle turned on the lights as Zoruik entered.

“Please return to your room.” He spoke with forced gentleness to Kyle.

Jade was about to leave with Kyle when Zoruik barked a command at her.

“Jade. Stay where you are.”

Kyle knew Jade was in deep trouble at that instant. He had never seen Zoruik so enraged. To avoid being caught in the eruption, he left quietly. He dared not cough or even utter a single noise of discomfort.

As if unable to read the situation, Jade added oil to the fire, “Why not?”

“And you still ask?” He stormed right up to her. “I’ve had enough of your childish behaviour.”

“What did I do wrong?” Jade asked, her eyes reflecting the innocence of her age.

“Stop whining and grow up already. I’m being terribly nice here because this isn’t home. If we were home, you’re screwed.” He fumed.

“When did I whine?” She asked. With tears brimming in her eyes, she grabbed and shook him.

Shaking her off, he continued with his unfinished lecture. “If you give me anymore crap for the next twelve hours until we leave this place, you’re going to get it from me when we return. Understood?”

Tears streamed down her checks as she began wailing loudly.

“I TOLD YOU! DON’T GIVE ME ANY NONSENSE!” He flamed at her, not bothering to even look at her.

Her cries subdued into quiet sniffs immediately when Zoruik shouted at her.

Knowing that Jade had broken down, Kyle went over in an attempt to comfort her. He tiptoed into the room and squatted down beside her. Just when he was about to comfort her, Zoruik got up and shot a look at him hotly.

“Go back now.” Zoruik told Kyle quietly, trying to keep in his anger, as he did not want to throw flame at someone who did no wrong.

Kyle was too soft to watch his sister cry. He knew Jade could cry on forever. He did not want her to feel unloved. Like the duty of the Vessel, he wrapped his arms around her.

“Go now.” Zoruik repeated.

“But…”

“No buts.”

Seeing that Kyle did not make a move, Zoruik got up and got over. Though it was mostly dark outside, the moon’s weak, orange light casted his shadow on his two siblings.

“Did you hear me?” He asked in exasperation. “Go. Now.” He spoke through clenched teeth.

“How dare you talk to him like that? I knew Y’hiers are up to no good.” She slapped him hard.

“You…” He took a deep breath, “Both of you, go out now. I’ve had quite enough. And you.” He pointed at Jade. “I don’t want to hear you make any sound, understood?”

Discontented with silent consent, he bellowed.

“UNDERSTOOD?”

“Ye..Yes, yes.” Shocked, Jade stammered. She growled ferociously as she gathered her belongings.

“Out!” He said his final word and shoved them out of the door.

When Kyle and Jade had left, Zoruik sat on the bed, depressed. He could not understand why Jade would not stop her whining. Soon to be thirteen, she was no kid anymore. He used to think she would outgrow whining when she reached the end of her childhood years.

She not only did not, but grew from bad to worse. It seemed to him that she was using it as her tool to gain sympathy. He could not understand why Kyle was still protecting her like a baby. He could tell that this incident made her hold some hatred for him. As all those thoughts flashed through his mind, Yoruik entered.

“Aye, it’s good you’re learning to take up the responsibility of the eldest sibling.” She put a shoulder around him. She spied their conversations as she was leaning against her room wall, listening intently to every word said. Although it did puzzle her who the other unnamed person both Zoruik and Jade was speaking about.

“Jade’s goanna hate me for this.” He sighed and leaned back on the bed.

“Don’t worry. She will understand after awhile. Things take time to get through to little kids like her.”

“She’s thirteen Yoru.. Thirteen.. I don’t understand why she can’t just stop her whining. It gets on my nerves to always give in to her because she whines.”

“I know… But she’s used to getting what she wants from whining. She’s spoilt.”

“That’s precisely why I reprimanded her just now. She reached my limit. And guess what? Kyle jumps into the picture and protects Jade again.”

“Again? Wow… Now I really do feel the fire.”

“You bet!”

“Relax. She won’t be able to understand your anger. I’m glad you’ve learned to spare a thought about others around you though you’ve not be taught since when we were parted.”

“It’s frustrating, living with a sister like this… Then… Ah… Never mind. I’m tired.”

“I understand.”

“I’m leaving tomorrow by the way. Father and Jacqueline will be wondering where we went to. You…”

“Who’s Jacqueline?.”

“Step-mom.”

“You all are going to see dad too? Can I come along?”

“Was about to ask that. Dad has been anticipating your visit.”

“That’s great! Wake me tomorrow.”

“Technically, it’s this evening.”

“Yeah, you and your technical thinking.” Yoruik shook her head.

“You want to take the bed?” Zoruik asked.

“Oh, that’s nice of you, but I think two can share that bed.”

“Not against the rule?”

“Please, they’re not stupid. We’re siblings.”

“Okay.” Zoruik replied a little awkward.

“Time to turn in~”

“Yeappers.” He replied, relief washing over him.

In the other room, a conversation between Kyle and Jade started in the dark.

“I’ve warned you so many times Jade. Seriously, even if it was me, I would have erupted.”

“But he was too much!”

“You don’t reflect do you?”

“And now you’re siding him as well.” She turned her back to him.

“I’m fair. I can’t be covering you like that. It’s like jumping right into the fire.”

“Then you could have left me alone to cry. Don’t help me. Making me feel like I’ve got a brother who loves me?” Jade kicked Kyle off the bed.

“Ow, that hurts.”

“Serves you right for being so unfair towards me.”

“Stop being caught in a warp of self-pity. Step out of the box and look out of the well you live in. Everyone is trying their best to bend to your desires, but you just take it for granted. You really have got to wake up and stop acting like some bossy missy.”

“You are just siding them!”

“Just as I have always been siding you.”

“Not anymore. Hmmph!” She turned her head towards the ceiling arrogantly.

“Just go apologize. It’s not good for you to have strained ties with brother.” Kyle sighed.

“How so?” Calming down, her curious self jumped in again.

“I can’t explain it. Just know it’s never good to anger a Y’hier.”

“Okay… Okay… Hiding stuff from me again… Always like that... I will go apologize to him tomorrow alright?”

“Good. And I really hope you can empathize with us… And really understand that there are things we need to keep.”

She nodded half-heartedly, “Yes, yes. Night.”

“Night.”

Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:25 am

Part IX

As the moon and sun slowly made their rounds across the sky, rising from the west and setting in the east, the four siblings slept soundly through the morning. When they woke, the sun was already burning up their skins. They could feel the scorching heat against their dry skin.

“Aye, wake up!”

“Hm..? What time is it?”

“2 in the afternoon.”

“What?” Kyle sat up immediately, rubbing his eyes.

“2 in the afternoon sir.” Jade replied simply.

They rushed over to Yoruik and Zoruik’s room to check on them and realized they were all ready to make a move. The two of them threw all their belongings roughly into their bags and zipped them up carelessly. They slung it on their shoulders while hurrying to Frostomre G’mmaur, the dining area in Don Qu’or to meet the siblings.

Breakfast was a grab-and-go for they decided not to stay in for a full course meal. The grab-and-go counter was just like the drive-thru for Mac Donald’s, people queued and took their orders, and waited at another counter for their food to be ready. The only difference was that it was a dozen times faster over at Frostomre G’mmaur.

They gathered their belongings and headed homewards. Upon stepping out of the door, they were greeted by a carpet of red, orange and brown fused together. Fall had steeped in and leaves were leaving their twigs, onto the grounds, to return nutrients to the tree that once gave them life. The entire path leading to the bend was completely hidden under the fallen leaves. The magnificent image left all of them in awe. The gentle glow from the sun shone through the canopy of leaves, bouncing off the dead leaves which were continuously piling up on the soft floor as more rained down from the arms of the trees. They dried leaves gave off a crisp cracking sound as the feet of the four siblings sunk into the cushion of leaves. Even though the heat from summer had yet to give way, it was no longer a burden to the amazed children.

As they made their way down, Yoruik’s lips began to crack. It was normal for that to happen when the weather was lacking moisture. After six hours of trekking downhill, they finally came face to face with flat land. Y’hiers are supposed to stay in the fictions children read; besides, she did not want to arouse any unintended hostility amongst the Humans, so she bit her tongue and tagged behind the rest. Furthermore, it was the ‘Night Of Music’, and the streets were bustled, there was nowhere she could hide to use a little magic to solve the problem.

The way to the pharmacy was actually quite short; one could normally reach it in ten minutes. However, due to the massive crowds jamming the streets, it took almost twice as long. The bends were especially difficult to pass as youngsters would gather there to smoke and drink. After a torturous twenty-five minutes of jostling and pushing accompanied by the blaring music and shrilling audience, they finally reached the door of the pharmacy.

Although it was in the middle of crowded stalls, but you could see from afar, the door of the pharmacy. It was so deserted; it felt like a mystical stall which Humans could not see. Rather, it was completely ignored by the people around it. Even sweaty kids playing outside the pharmacy did not think of entering.The slightly blue fluorescent lighting from within the air-conditioned pharmacy made it looked even more mysterious. To add on to the uncanny feel, there was no one in the pharmacy other than an elderly worker behind the cashier with her head bent, seemingly serious at work.

“Anything is fine,” Yoruik answered before they could ask.

A bright sound rang from the bell as the door was opened. The worker stopped what she was doing and pushed up her huge glasses which were hanging at the tip of her nose up. She looked from behind those huge lenses and nodded at them. Not a single word was exchanged.

“What should we get?” Zoruik whispered, as he stood before the shelf of moisturizers.

“No idea… I haven’t touched it since forever.” Kyle shrugged.

He picked up a tube of moisturizer and began reciting the contents.

“What are you doing?” Zoruik shot him an exasperated look.

“Nothing” Kyle placed it back onto the display again, “It’s not like we know anything about this, so we should just get something that sounds more normal.”

“We should just get the expert here instead of experimenting out.” He glared at Kyle, “My sister isn’t a guinea pig”

“Okay, okay…” Kyle gave him an awkward frown, “I was just joking… I’ll go get Jade.”

“Get this… and this!” In a flash, Jade was at the counter with a lip balm and moisturizer.

“Sure…?” He eyed her suspiciously. He realized what she had taken were the most expensive on the shelf.

“You pay the price if you want something good, that’s life.”

“I didn’t say anything.” He shrugged.

Jade snatched up the moisturizer and lip balm just when the Zoruik placed two crisp green notes on the cashier.

“I’ll hunt for a place to rest.” Jade chipped in.

She already had a place in mind, but she never had the chance to visit ever since she joined her new family. Taking that rare chance, she quickly rounded the corners to locate the restaurant.

“Sugar rush?” Zoruik asked, surprised by Jade’s sudden change in attitude.

Kyle cocked his head to the left and shrugged, not knowing how to continue the conversation. He watched Zoruik receive and keep the change, as his mind scavenged for a topic to talk about. He was hoping Zoruik could start another conversation, something he was familiar with.

“Something’s up?” Zoruik asked.

“Nu-uh” He looked away.

Not willing to go too far in starting a conversation and making Kyle feel out of place, Zoruik kept quiet till they met up with Yoruik.

“Eh…? Where’s Jade?” Both of them enquired.

Just then, Jade zoomed back with a broad grin plastered to her face. Although she had been running on top speed to and fro, but she was not the least bit breathless at all.

“Here, I shall lead you all to a place where we can all get what we want.” She began her off-beat marching towards the café – Deluxe Deal.

Upon stepping into the café, they were awed by the setting within. Although it looked like an old two-floor brick cafeteria from the outside, with many holes and blinking signs, the interior was completely different. It was like stepping into the lobby of a five-star hotel. A tall piece of flowery frosted glass with vertical streams of water falling from the top stood before them. The sound of splashing water gave the feel of an actual water fall whereas the cooling feel of the water sent a refreshing sensation into everyone who stepped in. Potted plants that lined the perimeter of the café were in all kinds of shapes and colours. The presence of the man-made waterfall and potted plants served as a form of life within the café, such that even the last customer would not feel alone or awkward to be the only one around. The tiles on the floors were of light colours like faint blue and grey-white, so as not to steal the positions of the flamboyant and bold wall designs. Cushioned seats with velvet cloth pulled over them made the chairs looked soft, comfy and inviting. There were several special tables situated at the corners of the room, they were the mirror tables whereby people could see their reflections when having meals. Although it the place was a simple square room with tables and chairs, but the creative designs sent it to the top of the charts around the world. Thus, it was a norm for Zoruik not have entered such a luxurious place.

As for Jade… As pampered as she was, her mother would bring her to every classy dining place in the world. Well, that is no surprise since she used to belong to an exceptionally rich family (which eventually fell because of their complacent later generations).

They rested at a café for Yoruik to make a visit to the restroom. They had not even taken their order when Yoruik was back again.

“Jade, could you lend me a hand?” Yoruik pled, like a lost child.

“Miss, your order please?” The waiter handed Yoruik a menu.

“Oh… Uh… I’ll have a mango ice blend if you have that?” She enquired.

“Would tangy mango do? It is a mango ice blend with mango cubes freshly cut.” The waiter tapped the picture of the tangy mango on the menu.

“Excellent. I’ll take this.” Yoruik turned back to Jade.

“Alright, so I’ll repeat your orders. A fruit punch blended, a strawberry flush, a berry crush, and a tangy mango blend.” The waiter left.

“Err… Okay…” Jade answered a little reluctantly.

She slipped her phone off the table and approached the restroom with caution. She wondered what sort of help Yoruik would need from her.

Just when the ladies disappeared at the bend outside the restroom, the drinks came. The guys took sips of their drinks while chatting, meanwhile watching water condense on the cool surface of the drinks the girls’ bought.

In the restroom, Jade relaxed when she knew what Yoruik was seeking her help in. She thought it would be fun to fool around a little, since Yoruik was new to using beauty products.

“This is how you use it.” Jade smeared some moisturizer on Yoruik’s face.

Staring at her reflection in the mirror, she asked, partially deceived, “Are you sure? It makes people look so ugly?”

“Mmhmm.”

“Lets’ go then.”

“Oh, wait! Wait! I was just joking. You’ve got to spread it.”

“Come again?”

“This way,” Jade squeezed some on her hand and brushed it lightly on her skin and spread it all over her arm.

Yoruik leaned closer to the mirror and did the necessary, “I feel like I’m spreading butter on a piece of bread.”

“You’ve never stepped into this place have you?” Jade threw her head back and laughed.

“Err… Yes to a restroom, no to such a kind.” Yoruik picked up the moisturizer and looked at directions before tapping the cover to close the bottle.

“Don’t you ever need to use it there?”

“You mean over at Don—” Yoruik pursed her lips as a mother entered with her toddler.

“Yes, that M—”

“No.” Yoruik broke in, “I’ll tell you more later.”

“Oh okay…” Jade trailed off, once again lost in her inability to comprehend why Y’heirs dared not bring up those places when there are people around.

“I’ll get this done then we can leave.” Yoruik patted her checks with the moisturizer lightly.

“Uh… I’ll be in the cubicle then.” Jade shut the door.

Realizing that the mango ice blend the girls had ordered had already melted and stagnant water was surrounding it, the guys got a little worried.

“Lets’ ring them.”

“They should be together, one is enough.”

“Agreed.”

“Dang, my phone’s...”

“Use… It’s flat.” Kyle flipped open his phone, and then close it again.

“Never mind.” Zoruik slide open his phone and prayed silently that it would be able to last a call.

“You’re going to use magic?” Kyle whispered in silent alarm.

The screen flicked on and Kyle’s eyes widen in alarm.

Zoruik shook his head, “I’m not that stupid…Hello, Jade?”

“No, it’s Yoru” her voice sounded from the other end of the line.

“Did something happen?”

“Oh, don’t worry. She’s in the lavatory.” There was a moment of silence before Yoruik’s muffled voice sounded, “Called to tell you how much of a hassle it is to use this.”

“Stop complaining you idiot, don’t you know—” Kyle had snatched the phone over before he could finish his words.

Not knowing it was Yoruik on the other end of the line, Kyle spoke in his usual casual tone towards his little sister, “Hurry with it, your mango ice blend has became diluted mango juice!”

“Okay, we’ll be right there.” He heard Yoruik’s muffled voice through the covered speakers rushing Jade with her business before the line cut off.

Stunned, Kyle left his lips ajar and stared at Zoruik. Zoruik sniggered at the flabbergasted Kyle and stuffed his phone carelessly into his pocket. Kyle was knocked out of space out by the of nails tapping on the table.

“C’mon, don’t be so impatient. Girls all love the restrooms.” Kyle leaned close to Zoruik and slipped his phone out of his pocket. “Gotcha!” He smiled in triumph.

“Return it to me, no time for lame jokes.” Zoruik replied coldly, extending an open palm in demand of his phone.

He was exceptionally uncomfortable in the cafeteria as he realized they were the only ones who did not order any meals. Some several tables away, a couple of customers casted them quick glances, thinking they would not be noticed by Zoruik’s sharp eyes.

Kyle dropped the phone on his palm, dejected. Keeping his phone once again, Zoruik noticed that the girls were back.

“Oh my, this is pretty.” Yoruik swiped her finger over the droplets of condensed vapour.

“Stop it.” Zoruik hissed, “You’re making it too obvious!”

“Sorry.” Yoruik mumbled, embarrassed as she noticed several pairs of eyes looking her way.

“No big deal.” Kyle laughed it off.

“No one asked for your comments.” Zoruik rolled his eyes.

“I was just helping you.” Kyle jittered.

“Just shut up and get that down your throat.”

Seeing the tensed atmosphere last night surfacing again, Jade shut herself up and quietly finished her drink as soon as she could. I am transparent. I am not here, don’t look at me. I don’t want to be noticed. I’m only going to create a trouble if I say anything.

“Smart. Good you’re growing up” Zoruik patted her head, relieved that Jade was finally showing some maturity.

“Fancy reading peoples’ mind~.” Kyle deliberately thought it out loud.

He ignored Kyle’s comment and finished the last drip of the disgusting drink. He never liked mango. In fact, it was due to him having allergies to mangos. He would feel nauseous after taking more than five slices of mango, in which a day later, rashes would bug him. The drink was way out of the limit his body could take.

Yoruik’s face paled when she recalled his allergy. Flustered, she repeatedly apologized under her breath.

“Useless sister, enjoying her drink while forgetting about her brother…” She blurted, “Are you okay? Need anything?”

He was unable to talk as the drink came up his gullet. Covering his mouth, he waved her comments and disappeared into the restroom. Depressed, Yoruik gulped down her drink and waited outside the lavatory for Zoruik to return.

Kyle and Jade went up to her and asked in unison, “What’s wrong with him?”

“Allergy, I believe.”

“To mango?”

“But it’s a fruit, it’s not quite possible.” Jade added.

“Since young, he would feel nauseous after taking less than half a mango.”

“No wonder…” Kyle thought out loud as he remembered how Zoruik hardly touched the mango every time deserts were served. “He didn’t say.”

“Well, because he is the oldest among all of you, a lot of things have to be kept from you all because there isn’t time for it. Just like how our parents keep things from us. Another reason is because he is your step-brother. He doesn’t feel very close to you all, and he has been thinking about home… As in me and our mother.”

“He’s back, lets’ not talk about it anymore.”

“You better act normal Jade.”

“Yes sir!” She saluted.

The three of them laughed out loud.

“Hey, what are ya‘ll talking about?” He pretended to be peeved.

“Oh, she just saluted to the wall for no reason.” Yoruik regained her composure.

He gave them a ‘that’s-so-lame’ look, spun and left them.

“Lets’ go shopping.” Jade and Yoruik cheered.

“It’s…” Kyle was about to say when Zoruik cut in.

“Not a problem. We still have some time; at least we are heading towards the direction of the house.”

While waiting for the bus to arrive, Jade and Yoruik went into a deep conversation about clothes, beauty products and anything that a normal girl would use in the Human world that is under the sky. The guys watched in amusement at the girls who were so excited over shopping.

Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:25 am

Part X

As soon as they’ve reached the mall, the girls headed for the clothes department. The guys tagged along, not exactly interested. They were exceptionally quiet as they have different interests, unlike the girls.

“I’ll go get you all some drinks, what do ya’ll want?” Zoruik asked.

“Coke light.”

“Diet.”

“Zero.” Yoruik said, still looking at a shirt. “Aye, Jade, what do you think of this?”

“Share?” Zoruik questioned.

“Sure.” She answered half-heartedly.

In fact, she could not care less about the drink. She was just ordering something out of memory, not that she really needed it that badly. Furthermore, she brought her own bottle of water from Don Que’or, which was more nutritious and would be able to provide her with more energy than the pathetic can of Coke Zero.

“I’ll be right back.” Zoruik said over his shoulders and vanished into the crowd.

Kyle watched as Zoruik left. It was Zoruik’s present self, present shadow, every part of him was the Zoruik ‘now’, but something felt amiss. It seemed as if Zoruik had gone back to the time whence Jeanette just joined them, that Zoruik who would lock himself in his bedroom and sleep all day or leave home without a word. That was a history, a memory that even Kyle himself definitely did not want to see repeating. However, Zoruik’s manner of speaking and walking really did seem off-beat. The smile that Zoruik had on his face felt like a stick-on tattoo, something that Zoruik was desperately trying with much difficulty to keep on. But I’m nothing but responsibility to him…

“Zor…” Kyle trailed off.

“Yeah, I noticed. Going?” Yoruik casted glances towards the crowd.

“But…” Jade tugged on her shirt, attempting to get her attention back to shopping.

“I’m tired…” Kyle sighed, refusing to budge. Yea… Tired of all these crazy crap…

“ Alright, you go ahead with shopping alright? I’ll go find Zor.” Yoruik slung her back over her shoulders. “Later.”

“Later” Kyle and Jade replied, waving to her.

Turning to Kyle, Jade asked, “Don’t you think she’s a little weird? She seems to stick around Zor a little too much, as if she would get lost once she loses sight of him.”

“You don’t observe enough.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Zor seems a little strained since yesterday, like something’s bugging him. He hasn’t talked to me since then.”

“I realized he’s a little quiet, but we should just leave him alone. I mean, there are times we’ve a bad day right… She’s too uptight.”

“You won’t understand.”

“How come?”

“We aren’t going to get a younger sibling.”

“Huh?”

“The familial love and care between siblings.”

“And why do you say I don’t understand that?”

“Being the youngest, you won’t know the worry an elder sibling holds for the younger ones.”

“Why doesn’t she care about us?”

“To her, Zoruik is her closest kin… Aye, stop asking.”

“But… But why?”

“Put it simply, we aren’t her blood sibling. Case closed, end of topic.”

After much jostling and elbowing around,Yoruik finally caught sight of Zoruik at the drinks stall.

“Something’s bothering you?” She rested an arm casually on his shoulders.

“No…”

“It’s written all over your face.”

“I need some peace.” He shrugged her arm off.

“Alright, alright… But tell me if there’s anything okay? Know I’ll always be here, don’t try to be too tough—” She left her sentence incomplete as Zoruik quickened his footsteps.

He collected the drinks and left with Yoruik.

He had so much wanted to share out his problems, but he could not trust anyone to keep it for him.

The incident that happened the night before made him felt the warmth of a real family. Though he felt like he was beaten at the start when Kyle protected Jade, he felt a touch of warmth flow through him when Yoruik came in to comfort him. He had not had someone to lean on for nine years, and he had always dreamed of being close to his family again, to feel the comfort and protection again. Though he had Kyle and Jade as siblings, but they were more of a responsibility than a comfortable family. He felt as if he was tied down by them, like a father by his children. He could not hide away; he could only face the music and accept reality. He could not feel the compassion and love of the family, consisting of his father, Jeanette (his step-mother), Kyle and Jade, that he had lived with for nine years. He could only feel the dreary and pain of taking care of people and putting up with elders.

Watching the forlorn footsteps of Zoruik’s back, Yoruik could not help but to worry.

“What happened?”

The question lingered for awhile before disappearing into noise.

“Really, are you okay?”

Again, the question rebounded back at Yoruik, like a ball against the wall.

“Fine, then I’ll just ask you, how has life been?”

Still, Zoruik did not make a single sound. He was so quiet, Yoruik felt as if she was walking alone, although he was just beside her.

They met up with Jade and Kyle once again. Without a word, Zoruik took out the cans of drinks and passed it to them. He managed a small smile and opened the can of Coke Zero. Gesturing that he would be taking some first, he poured some down his throat.

The cooling sensation flooded him as the bubbles bit his tongue. Once the bubbles subside, a sweet flavour covered the spots marked by the liquid. Forgetting his problems momentarily, he savoured every last bit of the mouth of drink he had craved for since the first day he went through the Door.

He passed the can to Yoruik and patted her shoulders before walking ahead without waiting for the rest. Knowing what he meant, Yoruik lead them on.

“Where do you all want to go?” Yoruik loosen the awkward silence.

“Lets’ just follow bro.” Jade suggested quietly.

Kyle nodded in agreement.

“Lets’ not bother him for awhile. I tried to get through his barrier, but he’s a little vexed as I can see. Give him some space, keep the distance till he initiates.” She explained.

Nodding, they all moved towards the library where Zoruik was going.

The library had always been his emotional resort. The library was like a counsellor, able to refresh him after a day at school, touch his heart when he felt empty, tell him a sadder tale when he felt that he was the most unfortunate person on earth. The library was like a mother who spoke through written words, a walking dictionary, and a wonderful friend. Nothing, not even music or confining in his friends could bring him more joy or relief than sitting down somewhere in the library, dissolved between the lines in the book, and diving into the world of literature.

At a distance, Yoruik pointed to a spot near where Zoruik was. The rest agreed and picked up a book to read.

“His book is really thick, bro.” Jade whispered.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure he can finish it.” Yoruik smiled at the slightly liven up Zoruik. Still the same old him… Always drowning himself in a thick book and return all fresh and new. He sure has a weird way of dealing with problems.

“Duh… I can too, but he’s just going to take forever.” Jade countered.

“He’s a quick reader. I saw him read the fifth book of Harry Potter in two hours.” Kyle replied.

“Wow, amazing.”

“Alright, you two, stop talking. This is a library.”

“Yes M’am”

Though Jade had read several books, whenever she went to the shelves to get a new one, she still saw Zoruik sitting where he was, absorbed by his book. Minutes ticked away slowly as Jade got bored of reading. Reading was never Jade’s passion. She was a typical girl, a shopaholic. As such, settling down in the library for an evening was dreadful.

“Aye, peeps! It’s time to make a move.” Kyle said, checking his watch.

Though it was a whisper, it seemed as if Zoruik had superb hearing skills. He closed his book and looked out of the glossed window in the library. The stars were already twinkling in the sky, and street lamps and car lights were the only forms of light present outside the library. Guess I should tell them that we should… go home now.

Forgetting that the rest were actually at the library as well, he stood up and called Kyle. When he heard the familiar ringtone of Kyle’s phone, he turned around and came face to face with Kyle.

“Ready to go?” Kyle gave him a brotherly pat.

A light feeling filled him and he nodded his head, “Ya’ll?”

“Waiting for you master.”

“Sorry to keep you all waiting, lets’ get going.”

Kyle gestured for the girls to leave. Relief washed over Jade’s face, as her eyes became as bright as diamond.

“We’re finally leaving this place of doom.” She mumbled, getting Zoruik thinking.

It had been, to Zoruik, ages since he last visited the library and a fraction of a second ago when he stepped into it. It was like a paradise of escape to him. The library was his escape from pain, from sorrow, from loneliness, from agony, from life.

“Alright, lets’ get going.” Yoruik left, sweeping up Zoruik’s bag.

“Aye, where’re you going?”

“Somewhere called… Home?”

“Oh…” He got up and headed to the electronic borrowing system. “Thanks.” He called over his back.

Yoruik waved, headed out of the library with the bag swung over her shoulder.

Part XI

Jade fumbled for the keys to the door, turning it impatiently when they reached home. They had a little problem with the knob as it refused to budge. The door finally gave in after much delay.

Upon stepping into the door, the same old feeling that overwhelmed him until he left the library struck him hard again. The house with no compassion, with no love, with no family closeness. The house where I live with the responsibility of being a father, but am alone in all my troubles. The house where I get caught in a warp of troubles, always stepping on the wrong tile, stepping on the wrong foot, stepping on the wrong place. The house that will eat up my humanity one day, the house that will eat up my presence one day, the house that will eat up my saneness one day, I am going to become a sinner of my own life… If I continue living here.

“Aye, are you okay?” Yoruik asked, worry written all over her face.

“Nothing…” He replied.

“You’ve been in a daze since you stepped into the house, is something bothering you?”

“N…No… Nothing… I’m just relieved that I’m home again I guess.”

“I see… You want to head up to the room and take a rest?”

“But…”

“I’ll deal with things here. It’s okay; really, you really look like you need sleep, a lot.”

“Okay then… Thanks…”

“How can you leave your younger siblings to deal with unpacking when you, the eldest, just wash your hands?” Jade threw it at him without thinking.

“Al…”

“No, you go up and rest. Now. I’m the eldest now, not you. I say, you do.” Yoruik commanded.

“You’re the strongest in the family! You must help, and I should be the one resting. You’re so not gentlemanly.” Jade countered.

“Uh…” Lost, Zoruik stopped a few steps away from the ajar door.

“Who’s the eldest?” She demanded.

“Thanks.”

“I’m your elder sister, and you still have to thank me?”

Too affected by his emotional weigh, Zoruik left the question lingering and closed the door of his room. He was sick and tired of shouldering so much physical, psychological, and emotional burdens. He hoped that that door could bar him from the world; lock him from his siblings, and shut him from his current life.

After a mere three days away from that place he knew as home for fifteen years, he felt like he was stepping on an unfamiliar ground. The arrangement of things seemed array, making him feel uneasy. Did someone enter my room?

Worried that an unauthorized personal had trespassed into his territory, he started checking his room to ensure that all his precious belongings were still where they were. As he had expected, his precious gemstone given by his mother was missing. Did she sell it? Did she blackmail people with it? Questions about what his step-mother, Jeanette, could have done with his gemstone ran through his mind. He also wondered why his mother would give him, a guy, a gemstone. Could it be that it has something to do with the Wise Ones?

He took out his book and wrote, ‘What does the sapphire gemstone hold?’

Instantly, a reply appeared.

‘The gemstone held a legend, a secret, and a history. It was priceless, not just for this legend, secret or history, but also for its purpose. He still remembered the legend that had been passed on was this:

After nine hundred and thirty years of back-breaking and tiring job of maintaining the balance between the Humans and Y’hiers, the master of the Wise Ones, Ruik Dusteik, decided to pass on his responsibility to seven Y’hiers. He wanted to see when the Y’hiers and Humans will come to a conclusion to live in harmony, without the need of a physical barrier and terrifying rumors.

Year 930, on the 18th of November, at midnight, the masters of the Wise Ones appeared and appointed seven Y’hiers to be the Wise Ones. They will each begin their journey in finding their real self, their real identity. When they embarked on their journey, each of them will be given an item to take along. One of the seven will be given the most precious item of the seven, a sapphire gemstone.

This gemstone looks just like any other sapphire stones, crystal clear with no markings. The secret it holds is that it kills the person whom it does not belong to. The power that this gemstone grants its owner is not just stronger, longer lasting abilities, or the Wise eye to look into the future, but also the ability to have photographic memory and be able to work like a walking encyclopedia and dictionary. To be its owner, you have to posses the gemstone by murdering the original owner of the gemstone.

Obviously the dream of every living soul, the gem also acts as a silent alarm for the owner as well. It will warn the owner when it senses threat. No one with an ulterior motive can near the owner of this gemstone. This gemstone has to be sacrificed for the restoration of the Door or the Balance.’

Panicking, he flipped his blankets and his worksheets, his wardrobe and drawers. Finally, after a pain-staking hour, he managed to find it. It was in the pockets of one of his jackets. He let out a sigh of relief and left the gemstone on the table.

Yoruik knocked on his door lightly, afraid that she might be disturbing his sleep.

“Come in.”

“Supper is ready. Not expecting you to come, just telling you.”

“Thanks.” He got up.

“Hey, what’s that?” She asked, extending a hand to touch it. “It’s so cute! Crystal clear and unscratched!”

“No! Don’t touch it!” He grabbed her hand to stop her from touching it.

“Why?” She smiled, a little awkward, but really surprised.

“It… It… It’s dangerous... Just don’t touch it.” He quickly kept the gemstone in the transparent bag.

“Are you gay?” She laughed.

“You can say whatever you like, but I won’t watch you die from this.”

“But if it’s so dangerous that I can’t touch it, why can you?”

“It can kill you, not me because…” Agitated, he sighed, “Just don’t touch it.”

“Okay, okay, relax.”

He changed the topic, “I’ll be on the balcony for the night.”

“Balcony?”

He nodded.

“Take some supper first.”

Again, he nodded, not willing to say anything.

They headed to the dining table as supper was brought. Jade appeared from the kitchen with the utensils while Kyle followed behind with a pot of Shepherd’s pie.

When all the utensils were distributed and the pie was set, everyone tucked in. Zoruik watched his siblings shoved mouth after mouth of Shepherd’s pie down their throat. Everyone stopped when Yoruik stood up and asked Zoruik,

“Why aren’t you eating? Not to your taste?”

He quickly shook his head and replied, “Sorry.”

“You better be! There’s none left for yourself!” Kyle quipped.

The slight casualness was back, forgetting about events that were over. He smiled a smile that was partly honest and partly out of awkwardness. He quickly stuck his fork into the pot to realize only a fifth was left.

“Who ate my share?” He teased in a demanding way, eyeing Jade.

“Run!” Jade slipped off her chair and disappeared behind the curtains.

Once she was gone, he served himself with some of the remainder of the pie.

“Take it all.” Yoruik and Kyle replied, leaning against their chairs.

“No regrets?” He extended both arms and brought the whole pot to himself.

Jade returned, “I regret!”

Ignoring her, he dug into his supper.

“Is it nice?” Jade and Yoruik asked.

He nodded and continued his way into his pie. He ate every last bit of the pie before sinking into his chair in satisfactory.

“Thanks.” He said, not exactly directing it at anyone.

“Welcomed.” Jade replied. “Mom said that she will likely be back in the wee hours of the morning by the way. Something about work I suppose.”

“Mom?” Zoruik repeated after her.

“Yeap.”

“Oh… Okay.” He replied, as his emotion dropped to zero once again. Without compassion, without love, without comfort… A responsibility, a task, a duty…

“You guys turn in earlier alright? I don’t want her to come back to see all the lights still on.” He added.

“Yes, sir.” Jade and Kyle replied in unison, as if in a military training.

He left the table and headed to the balcony above with his pillow and blanket, and lied on the cold stone floor in the enclosed but transparent room at the middle of the balcony. His father built it for his mother, Neoreik, when they just gave birth to him. He built it with such skill, Zoruik remembered he would often spend nights in the room enjoying the sound of nature. The reason was not just to make it the second portal to the Y’hier world, but also the home to Humans who want to change their race to Y’hiers. That room hid a precious power, a power that can either change you entirely, or kill you. So long if you are related to a pure blood Y’hier, you can always enter to try to change into a Y’hier.

This was also where his mother, Neoreik became a Y’hier and a Wise One. She was actually the only pure Y’hier blood Human so far. She was forced to change into a Y’hier by Toreik, his father. That was when she realized she was a Wise One. She was the third Wise One cum Human in the whole of the Y’hierry history. He could not be any more proud to know that.

He watched the waning moon make its way through the sea of fading and twinkling stars. It would disappear behind clouds, lighting up the clouds with its faint glow. The clouds were grey and hanging low and the wind was howling in the silent night, sending rain pattering on the glass. The constant repetitive rhythm of rain on glass slowly drone sleep into his mind.

In his dreams, he was at home reading a book.

The story went like that:
John was on a river and the running water cools his body. Gentle breezes caressed his face as his slowly drift downstream…

All of a sudden, he felt like he was floating on a river, going downstream. The running water cooled his back, absorbing the heat from his body. The breeze that blew past caressed his face and cleared all the worries from his mind. He reached the end of the stream and an oasis greeted him. He was pushed to the shore where he sat on a beach chair by the waters. The rolling and crashing waves seemed to whisper to him, No matter how alone you are, we’ll be here for you. No matter how agonizing a matter is, we’ll rinse it off you. No matter how depressing life is, we’ll ease your heart and clear your mind. Call or come to us whenever you need to, we’ll always be here for you. Yours truly.

He felt a hand on his arm, slowly shaking him. He stirred.

“It’s raining…” He heard a familiar voice called to him.

Still in his dream, he looked up into the sky and saw that wind was making its way through the curtain of rain, blowing the rain to the sides. The sand was darkening in color, as water seeped through to the ground. The white beach chairs all around were collecting rain. The water level was rising quickly, and waves were getting closer and closer.

“Hey, get up... Get up…” The same voice came again.

This time, he was awakened by it. Yoruik’s face was hovering over him.

“Called you till I’m about to go hoarse already.” She fumed.

“Y…Yes? What’s up?” He laid there, his worn out muscles refusing to abide to orders.

“You’re going to drown at this rate.” She cupped a handful of water and allowed it to drain it from between her fingers, on his face.

Shocked, he flipped his blanket and sat up. He was sitting on a wet floor, his body half covered with water. His sheets and pillow were all drenched in the rainwater.

“How did the rain get in?” He asked, very sure that the room was protected by magic such that it would not leak.

“Probably due to poor building structure and foundation. Nothing in the Human world is like that in Don Que’or, totally safe.” Yoruik shrugged.

“Can’t be. I’m very sure it isn’t possible.” He countered.

“Why?”

“Magic surrounds and defends us as we’re in this room. Be assured and sleep soundly, it remains dry no matter rain or shine.”

“Who told you that?”

“Dad, and I read a little about such a room on the net.”

“Well, what’s there to read about a greenhouse? Isn’t it a normal place on the rooftop of every home? Even a magician like me knows that.”

“It’s where you either die or change into Y’hier if you’re a human.”

“It can’t be true that this is the room? Why is it here?”

“Dad said an uncle made it.” His vision drifted towards the floor.

Zoruik noticed that water was slowly draining out and the floor was becoming dry again. He pulled his blanket and pillow to himself and realized they had all dried.

That reminded him of his dream. The waves that whispered to him, he could not forget. Those few lines repeated itself as if a broken recorder. No matter how alone you are, we’ll be here for you. No matter how agonizing a matter is, we’ll rinse it off you. No matter how depressing life is, we’ll ease your heart and clear your mind. Call or come to us whenever you need to, we’ll always be here for you. Yours truly.

“Aye, are you alright? You seemed very distracted. Really, you should say it out if it bothers you so much.”

“I’ll be going out for a bit. Be back soon.” And he disappeared, slamming the door behind him.

“Where to?” Yoruik’s voice was left trapped in the greenhouse, echoing to her.

I need to know what that meant. Was it just a dream, or was it for real? He vanished into the midnight crowd at the bustled streets. That night was the party night for the neighbourhood, people partied until dawn.

Weird one… Feeling better after visiting the library, and now? Disappearing into the streets at midnight. She shook her head and smiled. She decided not to follow him. Must be going to the library to find some lost answers. She answered her own doubt. Satisfied with that reason, she went back to Zoruik’s room via the stairs. Her feet left a trail of wet footprints from top of the stairs to the room.

Her body already awake, she stood by the window in Zoruik’s room. She saw Zoruik jogging towards the beach. As he was back-facing her, she could not tell what he was doing. Visiting the beach in the middle of the night?

Though confused, she felt there was no need to chase him and force him to tell her what he was doing. He was old enough anyway.

Outside, Zoruik reached the beach. He squat down where the waves would retreat and roll back out into the sea. The beach was silent, not a soul was in sight. Everyone was gathered in the city square, partying. The beautiful beach was left to whimper in grief as it is left all alone. Only a few lamps and the weak light of several fireflies lit the sky before dawn. He watched as the waves rolled in and retreated.

He whispered quietly to the waves, “Tell me what you can do for me.”

The crashing and rolling waves ate up his question without any response. He sat on the sand and wondered what the element could do for him. Call or come to us whenever you need to, we’ll always be here for you. Yours truly.

“Yours truly? Don’t you belong to the Fifth?” He questioned the waves.

As what a sea would do, it gave no reply.

I knew it… It must have been my dream… He thought. As if the sea heard him, a huge wave crashed onto the beach, sending a sprinkle of water on him. I shall ask that book.

Upon reaching home, he crept to his room. To his surprise, the light was still on and Yoruik was inside.

“Hey, saw you at the beach. What were you doing?” She greeted him.

“Trying to find answers to a doubt.” He sat down at his study table and flipped the book open.

‘‘No matter how alone you are, we’ll be here for you. No matter how agonizing a matter is, we’ll rinse it off you. No matter how depressing life is, we’ll ease your heart and clear your mind. Call or come to us whenever you need to, we’ll always be here for you. Yours truly.’’ He scribbled on the same page he did before.

‘A unique ability for a Seventh. Use it wisely.’ The answer appeared as his question faded into the page.

‘It can’t be, it should belong to the Fifth.’ His words was scrawny against the neat printed letters.

‘Three hundred years ago, that was.’ The words glowed.

‘Seventh as well?’ He wrote in the page.

‘No, Third.’ The words slid in without a sound, ‘Enough, you need rest.’ A voice accompanied the last line before the book glowed brightly and dimed out, blinding him temporarily.

He closed the book lightly and pushed it closer to the wall, hiding it from the view of people entering the room.

“Taking the bed~” Yoruik twirled a few times and flopped herself on the bed, pretending she was not peeping at what was written.

“Floor then.” He replied.

“I won’t stand on ceremony then~” She grabbed a pillow and threw it at Zoruik.

Thanks to his quick reflexes, he was able to catch flying pillow. He covered the floor with a few blankets to cushion it, making it a wonderful bed. He sank into his make-shift bed and the sheets wrapped themselves around the sides of his body and limbs, marking out his body figure.

He then snuggled under his blanket and drift off into dreamland. He was grateful for the gift from his sister. The book had answered several of his troubling questions.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:13 am

[ none interested?]

Back to top Go down
WaywardWiccan
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
WaywardWiccan

Female Join date : 2010-12-27

Character sheet
Name:

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:29 am

Oh I'm very interested. You're very good. I love how you incorporated several novels' facts into this. I can't wait to read more!

One note, however. If you don't mind. Part 2 and Part 3 are the same thing, word-for-word. Just thought I'd point it out to you.

Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:49 am

thanks for pointing out, I've edited it ><
Back to top Go down
WaywardWiccan
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
WaywardWiccan

Character sheet
Name:

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:52 am

Aha I thought it sounded like there was a gap in the story. Thanks! Very Happy Can't wait to read more. Hopefully soon?
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:19 am

Ehh, not so soon ><

I only have my story up until 14 or so and I still have a second and third round of editing to do. Imma change the story a little after a few revising because it is getting boring IMO. Actually, after reading to the 6th or 7th chapter, i was already pretty bored. I think it lacks a little in action, so there's something to work on for this story. I've this feeling that I won't be able to finish this story even after 5 years lol.

Anyway, it won't be just this story that I'll be working on. I'll look about revising Zero Existence and adding other stories that I've done up a chapter or two on (in which i'll continue with them when I'm back as well).
Back to top Go down
WaywardWiccan
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
WaywardWiccan

Character sheet
Name:

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:16 pm

sure no problem. i will be awaiting impatiently (lol)
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:01 am

(I've got something new... and random, to fill in the gaps. It's much easier to write that, but also, it will also not be long lasting. Just for the time being, and when my brain is really exhausted. Do check it out. It's okay if you don't like it. I'm just experimenting out with plays)
Back to top Go down
WaywardWiccan
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
WaywardWiccan

Character sheet
Name:

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 7:55 am

Sure of course I'll go check it out! Headin' on over right now! Smile
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:03 am

XI

The door was being exceptionally uncooperative that day. Jade fumbled for the keys to the door, turning it impatiently when they reached home. After much ado, the door finally surrendered to Jade in defeat. Heaving a sigh of relief, Jade stopped the door to allow everyone to enter while she waited to lock the door.

Upon stepping into the door, the same old feeling that overwhelmed Zoruik until he left the library struck him hard again. The house with no compassion, with no love, with no family closeness. The house where I live with the responsibility of being a father, but am alone in all my troubles. The house where I get caught in a warp of troubles, always stepping on the wrong tile, stepping on the wrong foot, stepping on the wrong place. The house that will eat up my humanity one day, the house that will eat up my presence one day, the house that will eat up my saneness one day, I’ll become a sinner of my own life… If I continue living here.

“Aye, are you okay?” Worry-ridden Yoruik tip-toed to stare into his almost vacant eyes.

“Nothing…” He turned away.

“You’ve been in a daze since you stepped into the house, is something bothering you?”

“N…No… Nothing… I’m just relieved that I’m home again I guess.”

“I see… You want to head up to the room and take a rest?”

“But…”

“I’ll deal with things here. It’s okay; really, you look like you need sleep… Lots of sleep.”

“Okay then… Thanks…”

“How can you leave your younger siblings to deal with unpacking when you, the eldest, just wash your hands?” Jade threw it at him without thinking.

“Al…”

“No, you go up and rest. Now. I’m the eldest now, not you. I say, you do.” Yoruik commanded.

“You’re the strongest in the family! You must help, and I should be the one resting. You’re so not gentlemanly.” Jade countered.

“Uh…” Lost, Zoruik stopped a few steps away from the ajar door of his alluring bedroom.

“Who’s the eldest?” She demanded.

“Am I not the youngest then?”

“Shut up and unpack.’ Kyle exhaled, ‘You’re worse than a toddler, Jade.”

“But he’s slacking!” Jade shrilling, “how can you be so mean to me? I was just helping you!”

Ignoring Jade’s ear-piercing attempt to communicate her ideas, Kyle straightened up, “You do need some serious sleep. I can handle the things here.”

Zoruik smiled wearily and disappeared into the darkness behind the closed door. He was sick and tired of shouldering so much physical, psychological, and emotional burdens. He hoped that that door could bar him from the world, lock him from his siblings, and shut him from his current life.

After a mere three days away from that place he knew as home for fifteen years, he felt like he was stepping on an unfamiliar ground. The arrangement of things seemed array, making him feel uneasy. Did someone enter my room?

Worried that an unauthorized personal had trespassed into his territory, he flicked on the lights and began a zealous search of his room to ensure that all his precious belongings were still where they were. As he had expected, his precious gemstone given by his mother was missing. Did she sell it? Did she blackmail people with it? Questions about what his step-mother, Jeanette, could have done with his gemstone ran through his mind. He also wondered why his mother would give him, a guy, a gemstone. Could it be that it has something to do with the Wise Ones?

He took out his book and wrote, ‘What does the sapphire gemstone hold?’

Instantly, a reply appeared.

‘The gemstone held a legend, a secret, and a history. It was priceless, not just for these, but also for its purpose. I remember, the legend that had been passed on went like this:

After nine hundred and thirty years of back-breaking and tiring job of maintaining the balance between the Humans and Y’hiers, the master of the Wise Ones, Ruik Dusteik, decided to pass on his responsibility to seven Y’hiers. He wanted to see when the Y’hiers and Humans will come to a conclusion to live in harmony, without the need of a physical barrier and terrifying rumors.

Year 930, on the 18th of November, at midnight, the master of the Wise Ones appeared and appointed seven Y’hiers to be the Wise Ones. They will each begin their journey in finding their real self, their real identity. When they embarked on their journey, each of them will be given an item to take along. One of the seven will be given the most precious item of the seven, a sapphire gemstone.

This gemstone looks just like any other sapphire stones, crystal clear with no markings. The secret it holds is that it kills the person whom it does not belong to. The power that this gemstone grants its owner is not just stronger, longer lasting abilities, or the Wise eye to look into the future, but also the ability to have photographic memory and be able to work like a walking encyclopedia and dictionary. To be its owner, you have to posses the gemstone by murdering the original owner of the gemstone.

Obviously the dream of every living soul, the gem also acts as a silent alarm for the owner as well. It will warn the owner when it senses threat. No one with an ulterior motive can near the owner of this gemstone. This gemstone has to be sacrificed for the restoration of the Door or the Balance.’

Panicking, he flipped his blankets and his worksheets, his wardrobe and drawers. Finally, after a pain-staking hour, he managed to find it. It was in the pockets of one of his jackets. He let out a sigh of relief and left the gemstone on the table.

Yoruik knocked on his door lightly, afraid that she might be disturbing his sleep.

“Come in.”

“Supper is ready. Not expecting you to come, just telling you.”

“Thanks.” He got up.

“Hey, what’s that?” She asked, extending a hand to touch it. “It’s so cute! Crystal clear and unscratched!”

“No! Don’t touch it!” He grabbed her hand to stop her from touching it.

“Why?” She smiled, a little awkward, but really surprised.

“It… It… It’s dangerous... Just don’t touch it.” He quickly kept the gemstone in the transparent bag.

“Are you gay?” She laughed.

“You can say whatever you like, but I won’t watch you die from this.”

“But if it’s so dangerous that I can’t touch it, why can you?”

“It can kill you, not me because…” Agitated, he sighed, “Just don’t touch it.”

“Okay, okay, relax.”

He changed the topic, “I’ll be on the balcony for the night.”

“Balcony?”

He nodded.

“Take some supper first.”

Again, he nodded, not willing to say anything.

They headed to the dining table as supper was brought. Jade appeared from the kitchen with the utensils while Kyle followed behind with a pot of Shepherd’s pie.

When all the utensils were distributed and the pie was set, everyone tucked in. Zoruik watched his siblings shoved mouth after mouth of Shepherd’s pie down their throat. Everyone stopped when Yoruik stood up and asked Zoruik,

“Why aren’t you eating? Not to your taste?”

He quickly shook his head and replied, “Sorry.”

“You better be! There’s none left for yourself!” Kyle quipped.

The slight casualness was back, forgetting about events that were over. A small smile spread over his otherwise emotionless features, a smile that was partially genuine and partly out of awkwardness. He quickly stuck his fork into the pot to realize only a fifth was left.

“Who ate my share?” He teased in a demanding way, eyeing Jade.

“Run!” Jade slipped off her chair and disappeared behind the curtains.

Once she was gone, he served himself with some of the remainder of the pie.

“Take it all.” Yoruik and Kyle replied, leaning against their chairs.

“No regrets?” He extended both arms and brought the whole pot to himself.

Jade returned, “I regret!”

Ignoring her, he dug into his supper.

“Is it nice?” Jade and Yoruik questioned in unision.

He nodded and continued his way into his pie. He ate every last bit of the pie before sinking into his chair in satisfactory.

“Thanks.” He said, not exactly directing it at anyone.

“Welcomed.” Jade replied. “Mom said that she will likely be back in the wee hours of the morning by the way. Something about work I suppose.”

“Mom?” Zoruik repeated after her.

“Yeap.”

“Oh… Okay.” He replied, as his emotion dropped to zero once again. Without compassion, without love, without comfort… A responsibility, a task, a duty…

“You guys turn in earlier alright? I don’t want her to come back to see all the lights still on.” He added.

“Yes, sir.” Jade and Kyle replied in unison, as if in a military training.

He left the table and headed to the balcony above with his pillow and blanket, and lied on the cold stone floor in the enclosed but transparent room at the middle of the balcony. His father had built it for his mother, Neoreik, when they just gave birth to him. He built it with such skill, Zoruik remembered he would often spend nights in the room enjoying the sound of nature. The reason was not just to make it the second portal to the Y’hier world, but also the home to Humans who want to change their race to Y’hiers. That room hid a precious power, a power that can either change you entirely, or kill you. So long if you are related to a pure blood Y’hier, you can always enter to try to change into a Y’hier.

This was also where his mother, Neoreik became a Y’hier and a Wise One. She was actually the only pure Y’hier blood Human so far. She was forced to change into a Y’hier by Toreik, his father. That was when she realized she was a Wise One. She was the third Wise One cum Human in the whole of the Y’hierry history. He could not be any more proud to know that.

Zoruik watched the waning moon make its way through the sea of fading and twinkling stars. It would disappear behind clouds, lighting up the clouds with its faint glow. The clouds were grey and hanging low and the wind was howling in the silent night, sending rain pattering on the glass. The constant repetitive rhythm of rain on glass slowly drone sleep into his mind.

In his dreams, he was at home reading a book.

The story went like that:
John was on a river and the running water cools his body. Gentle breezes caressed his face as his slowly drift downstream…

All of a sudden, he felt like he was floating on a river, going downstream. The running water cooled his back, absorbing the heat from his body. The breeze that blew past caressed his face and cleared all the worries from his mind. He reached the end of the stream and an oasis greeted him. He was pushed to the shore where he sat on a beach chair by the waters. The rolling and crashing waves seemed to whisper to him, No matter how alone you are, we’ll be here for you. No matter how agonizing a matter is, we’ll rinse it off you. No matter how depressing life is, we’ll ease your heart and clear your mind. Call or come to us whenever you need to, we’ll always be here for you. Yours truly.

He felt a hand on his arm, slowly shaking him. He stirred.

“It’s raining…” He heard a familiar voice called to him.

Still in his dream, he looked up into the sky and saw that wind was making its way through the curtain of rain, blowing the rain to the sides. The sand was darkening in color, as water seeped through to the ground. The white beach chairs all around were collecting rain. The water level was rising quickly, and waves were getting closer and closer.

“Hey, get up... Get up…” The same voice came again.

This time, he was awakened by it. Yoruik’s face was hovering over him.

“Called you till I’m about to go hoarse already.” She fumed.

“Y…Yes? What’s up?” He laid there, his worn out muscles refusing to abide to orders.

“You’re going to drown at this rate.” She cupped a handful of water and allowed it to drain it from between her fingers, on his face.

Shocked, he flipped his blanket and sat up. He was sitting on a wet floor, his body half covered with water. His sheets and pillow were all drenched in the rainwater.

“How did the rain get in?” He asked, very sure that the room was protected by magic such that it would not leak.

“Probably due to poor building structure and foundation. Nothing in the Human world is like that in Don Que’or, totally safe.” Yoruik shrugged.

“Can’t be. I’m very sure it isn’t possible.” He countered.

“Why?”

“Magic surrounds and defends us as we’re in this room. Be assured and sleep soundly, it remains dry no matter rain or shine.”

“Who told you that?”

“Dad, and I read a little about such a room on the net.”

“Well, what’s there to read about a greenhouse? Isn’t it a normal place on the rooftop of every home? Even a magician like me knows that.”

“It’s where you either die or change into Y’hier if you’re a human.”

“It can’t be true that this is the room? Why is it here?”

“Dad said an uncle made it.” His vision drifted towards the floor.

Zoruik noticed that water was slowly draining out and the floor was becoming dry again. He pulled his blanket and pillow to himself and realized they had all dried.

That reminded him of his dream. The waves that whispered to him, he could not forget. Those few lines repeated itself as if a broken recorder. No matter how alone you are, we’ll be here for you. No matter how agonizing a matter is, we’ll rinse it off you. No matter how depressing life is, we’ll ease your heart and clear your mind. Call or come to us whenever you need to, we’ll always be here for you. Yours truly.

“Aye, are you alright? You seemed very distracted. Really, you should say it out if it bothers you so much.”

“I’ll be going out for a bit. Be back soon.” And he disappeared, slamming the door behind him.

“Where to?” Yoruik’s voice was left trapped in the greenhouse, echoing to her.

I need to know what that meant. Was it just a dream, or was it for real? He vanished into the midnight crowd at the bustled streets. That night was the party night for the neighbourhood, people partied until dawn.

Weird one… Feeling better after visiting the library, and now? Disappearing into the streets at midnight. She shook her head and smiled. She decided not to follow him. Must be going to the library to find some lost answers. She answered her own doubt. Satisfied with that reason, she went back to Zoruik’s room via the stairs. Her feet left a trail of wet footprints from top of the stairs to the room.

Her body already awake, she stood by the window in Zoruik’s room. She saw Zoruik jogging towards the beach. As he was back-facing her, she could not tell what he was doing. Visiting the beach in the middle of the night?

Though confused, she felt there was no need to chase him and force him to tell her what he was doing. He was old enough anyway.

Outside, Zoruik reached the beach. He squat down where the waves would retreat and roll back out into the sea. The beach was silent, not a soul was in sight. Everyone was gathered in the city square, partying. The beautiful beach was left to whimper in grief as it is left all alone. Only a few lamps and the weak light of several fireflies lit the sky before dawn. He watched as the waves rolled in and retreated.

He whispered quietly to the waves, “Tell me what you can do for me.”

The crashing and rolling waves ate up his question without any response. He sat on the sand and wondered what the element could do for him. Call or come to us whenever you need to, we’ll always be here for you. Yours truly.

“Yours truly? Don’t you belong to the Fifth?” He questioned the waves.

As what a sea would do, it gave no reply.

I knew it… It must have been my dream… He thought. As if the sea heard him, a huge wave crashed onto the beach, sending a sprinkle of water on him. No! This is not a dream! Another part of his mind quipped. I shall ask that book.

Upon reaching home, he crept to his room. To his surprise, the light was still on and Yoruik was inside.

“Hey, saw you at the beach. What were you doing?”

“Trying to find answers to a doubt.” He sat down at his study table and flipped the book open.

‘‘No matter how alone you are, we’ll be here for you. No matter how agonizing a matter is, we’ll rinse it off you. No matter how depressing life is, we’ll ease your heart and clear your mind. Call or come to us whenever you need to, we’ll always be here for you. Yours truly.’’ He scribbled on the same page he did before.

‘A unique ability for a Seventh. Use it wisely.’ The answer appeared as his question faded into the page.

‘It can’t be, it should belong to the Fifth.’ His words were scrawny against the neat printed letters.

‘Three hundred years ago, that was.’ The words glowed.

‘Seventh as well?’ He wrote in the page.

‘No, Third.’ The words slid in without a sound, ‘Enough, you need rest.’ A voice accompanied the last line before the book glowed brightly and dimed out, blinding him temporarily.

He closed the book lightly and pushed it closer to the wall, hiding it from the view of people entering the room.

“Taking the bed~” Yoruik twirled a few times and flopped herself on the bed, pretending she was not peeping at what was written.

“Floor then.” He replied.

“I won’t stand on ceremony then~” She grabbed a pillow and threw it at Zoruik.

Thanks to his quick reflexes, he was able to catch flying pillow. He covered the floor with a few blankets to cushion it, making it a wonderful bed. He sank into his make-shift bed and the sheets wrapped themselves around the sides of his body and limbs, marking out his body figure.

He then snuggled under his blanket and drift off into dreamland. He was grateful for the gift from his sister. The book had answered several of his troubling questions.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 8:32 am

[ story undergoing revision + is on hold (even from revision) until mid-late november. Your patience is VERY MUCH appreciated]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Door  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door    Door  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Door
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
House Of Night :: Literature Classes - Creativity Section :: Stories-
Jump to: