House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the House Of Night Novels created by P.C. and Kristin Cast. Here, you can discuss each book of House Of Night and each individual characters etc. And also you can role play.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Contact Us - honfanforum@gmail.com  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Tue May 14, 2019 11:14 am
Top posters
VampyreFreak (3778)
Empty Notepad I_vote_lcapEmpty Notepad I_voting_barEmpty Notepad I_vote_rcap 
Rosalie (2948)
calico (2263)
natshane (1789)
Namine+Roxas (1749)
ML3 (1217)
Kila (1066)
*~Dreamer~* (1037)
!lunerflower! (946)
Havoc (661)
Latest topics
» insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD
Empty Notepad I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 pm by Katie-la

» Dreamer's Poetry
Empty Notepad I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:03 pm by Katie-la

» What you last did
Empty Notepad I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:19 am by natshane

» finsh the sentence ( game)
Empty Notepad I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:18 am by natshane

» Look Around
Empty Notepad I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:17 am by natshane

» Have you ever........(game)
Empty Notepad I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:16 am by natshane

» If You Could Change One Thing About Yourself
Empty Notepad I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» what are you listening to right now?
Empty Notepad I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» Last Thing You Watched
Empty Notepad I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:14 am by natshane

Empty Notepad

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Female Join date : 2009-06-16

Character sheet
Name: Dreamer (Left); Sky (Right)
Affinity: Power Tapping and Invisibility (both)

Empty Notepad Empty
PostSubject: Empty Notepad   Empty Notepad I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:10 am

This has been a story I have always wanted to write. But the first time i started about writing it, i wrote it from a first person perspective which was sort of mundane and cliché. So today, I've decided to write it from a second person perspective. some day, i might take on a third, whereby it would be you-know-who. (: That, i'll try, but for now, i'll take an easier approach and write it from the simpler second person perspective. Here goes~

Empty Notepad

Boisterous and bubbly, that has been the you I knew since kindergarten. Always ready with a freshly squeezed tale to tell, as if you are leading a life filled with endless exciting adventures. With you around, even the night seems to be brightly lit. You were like the ambassador of happiness, the Goddess of Solace.

Yet today, I sit opposite this same frame, this same face, but streaks of wetness dampened your intricate features. Despair wounded in those tears, unravelled the otherwise hidden maturity that clouded your soul. Curtains of distance fell between us, as your shoulders rise and fall unevenly. The silence that hangs in the air, only chocks and sniffs would interlude. There is only you and me, there are only the two of us, sitting here, and the sun slowly lowering itself at the far end of the horizons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/690245/
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Female Join date : 2010-06-11

Character sheet
Name: Adrianna
Affinity: Hobby: Writing

Empty Notepad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empty Notepad   Empty Notepad I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:03 am

It sets on a good start and the descriptive manner was not perfect but beautiful. But I'm not really getting anything out of it except a first impression, I don;t really see where this story is leading me. It doesn't works as a chapter but it would make a great prologue:)

I'm actually anticipating the next!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetwilightsaga.com
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Empty Notepad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empty Notepad   Empty Notepad I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:40 am

Sorry if I wasn't clear in stating what sort of story this would be. Now that I'm done with the story, I am confirmed to say it is a one-shot story. Simple plot. I hope you'd like it! -- just a note, there isn't a prologue for this story. The above is the beginning of the story. I wrote that part on the spot. Inspired to write. I'll be posting the whole story below (including the reposting of the above two paragraphs). Here goes~~

Empty Notepad

Boisterous and bubbly, that has been the you I knew since kindergarten. Always ready with a freshly squeezed tale to tell, as if you are leading a life filled with endless exciting adventures. With you around, even the night seems to be brightly lit. You were like the ambassador of happiness, the Goddess of Solace.

Yet today, I sat opposite this same frame, this same face, but streaks of wetness dampened your intricate features. Despair wounded in those tears, unravelled the otherwise hidden maturity that clouded your soul. Curtains of distance fell between us, as your shoulders rose and fell unevenly. The silence that hung in the air, only chocks and sniffs would interlude. There were only you and me, there were only the two of us, seated there, and the sun slowly lowering itself at the far end of the horizons.

What can bother you – a girl whom darkness and grief can never weigh itself on?

Even through your journal entries, all I could see were the mirth and joy you had thus far. The first times and the later repeats that have engraved, enhanced and refined your beautiful memories.

Your favourite childhood destination, East Coast Park, was where you first learnt to rollerblade. Descriptions of every minute detail of how your parents held your hand and pulled you along, and the triumphant smile when you took off along the pavement to the jetty all alone, made sorrow seem to be a faraway tale of the forgotten lands.

7 years of classmates, 7 years of walking home together, 7 years of playing and learning together, 7 years of being best friends forever, but it was only today that I finally acquired the pass to step aboard this vessel through the river of your life. A sense of bitter-cold sourness clung to the walls of my heart, like a thin layer of glue sticking to the walls of my vessels, preventing the blood cells from reaching my lungs and clogging my body with dark blood… Blood tainted by remorse, marred by repent, stained by the agonising grief of apologies silenced by pride.

At least you start now. It’s never too late…

And thus, the first line fell, “What’s wrong?”

As if triggered by an unknown force, you began throwing your tantrum, something that was alien to me then, “Torture. These are all just a torture.”

You wiped the journal from the table onto the messy floor clogged with practice papers. Today marked the end of the first term of your fourth and final year of middle school education. Watching as you vent your internal frustrations by kicking the books crowding the face of the floor off their original piles, I foolishly believed it was all the endless practices you have to do that had driven you haywire.

“Relax, you’ll be out of all these knee-high revision books once the final year exam is over.”

“No! You don’t understand! This!” You swept the journal up and held it with a trembling hand, “It’s this stupid thing that’s making me who you are seeing before your very eyes now.”

“You’re overstressed… How about talking to your parents about it?” The ignorant me suggested.

“Talk to them? Can’t you see? This is what they expect me to be. This is the me they want to hear, and the me that they only allow themselves to know, to hear, to see, to speak to. I am but a hollow vessel of plain happiness. If you would so like me to talk to them, then leave me be! I hate people who always pretend to help, but end up just directing me back to my parents. I hate my parents! I hate how they always take me like their little puppet that they think they can meddle and alter to their liking. Do you remember this poem you once wrote about a doll?
‘The gentle smile sewn unto this face,
beauty in only the limit of its length.’

That’s precisely who I am. A doll. A doll with ‘A constant whirling network of thoughts, fostered by a dead heart and silent mind’.”

“Hear me out. Even if you were to be a doll, you’d be, but the most beautiful of all, because you’re my friend. Whoever is my friend will be beautiful and unique. And no, your mind, as you’re showing it now, with all the erratic thoughts, this definitely not a silent mind… And your heart, for it can still feel, for it can still grief, for it can still create these tears, this is obviously not a dead heart. You had lived, is living, and will live on. I will grieve for your loss, just as you did for mine then. I will share your joy, just as you had for mine then. I will stand by you through thick and thin, just like you have always been doing for me. That’s why you aren’t fake, that’s why you aren’t a doll.”

Your fume cooled off as you listened to my deliberately slowed speech and over-articulated words. Even though your hiccups had subsided, those two streams on your face still seemed to have no end to them. You kept drawing sheets after sheets of tissue, dampening them with your golden tears that I had never seen before. My words hung stationary in the air for a period of time.

“Tell me more. At least you can lighten your load.” I added after the long pause, “And don’t give me that famous line you always quote, ‘One hurt is enough, we don’t need more’ To be hurt by a friend’s sad tale, is what a genuine friend would do. I am and I want to be your genuine friend.”

You began narrating your life, from the first day you could remember writing a journal. Journal was a weekly task. It was just like homework to you… Just worst. Your parents would scrutinize your entries and tear them off if they held any bit of negativity.

‘I want you to refer to your childhood and be reminded of their happiness. Why write the sorrows down when you want to forget them? Keep the moments of happiness because only then can you then appreciate all these little joys of life that kept you going.’

Something your parents never failed to repeat. Often, because you still wrote some unhappiness in your writes, they would storm into your room and shake you awake to reprimand you for pointing out an issue which only showed a hint of despair or anger.

You told me the reason for the many different journal books and the reason for their thickness – You had to tear off many pieces each time you write because you would drift off into despair often as grief had begun to follow in your shadows because you had nowhere else to channel them to.

The greatest surprise of all was that this was the umpteen times you’ve broken down, just that in the past, you had always mourned alone. Oh how bitter it must have been!

We spent the whole night chattering with each other, laughing and tearing at the lamentable and arduous moments of life. 7 years of friendship, but today was the first day we became sisters.

You were still sleeping soundly when I woke and decided it was time to leave. I left you a note, and I hope you can believe this note, and keep believing until nature calls you home.

Empty Notepad

Constraint to happiness,
the words you could write.
Limited to appreciation,
the markings made on paper.

Where your world's just darkness,
you seek for pain to reside.
Ignoring the contradictions,
you had your emotions tempered.

'One is hurt enough, we don't need more,
the line you use to cover your sore.
Forgetting the pain you hold,
a new hope blooms as one gets old.

Neglecting the growing wound in you,
tearing a hole right through.
Constantly bringing light to the world,
sharing joy with others through words.

You're but an empty vessel,
that no amount of joy can fill.
You're but in need of an ear,
that can sit by and hear.

Your life's but an empty page,
where vocab depicts no emotions.
Your soul's but only worn,
hoping for the day to reborn.
It's time to tear away your masquerade,
for history's pain will only then fade.
It's a waste to spend life in regrets,
there's just so much to experience yet.

It's time to break open the locks,
and put your past away in a box.
It's when you put down the bane,
and clear the remains of old stains.
~Ger.

Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

Female Join date : 2010-10-17

Empty Notepad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empty Notepad   Empty Notepad I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Ger, your writing, as usual, is completely impeccable. Beautimous. Fantastic.
I think this is about you.
A better way to say this, I feel as though this was a story addressed to yourself or to a friend, which makes me sad. :,(
But, Ger, I hope writing helps ya.

Also, sorry I've been AWOL for so long. Mea maxima culpa. Goodness gracious, I've been studying for competition a bit to fiercely; however, today, I thought I'd take a break and get back on the site. I'm happy to see you and Nat are still doing awesome and writing great things. Keep it up, guys.
-katie
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Empty Notepad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empty Notepad   Empty Notepad I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 9:09 pm

Thank you katie~ So long since i last saw you online! ><

Yeah it is. It's about me. Justd that I took on a second person narrative approach. Well, that's the whole point. The whole point of the story is to make readers feel what I intended for them to feel. (:

It's encouraging to know that I had succeeded at the very least, to achieve one of my objectives (the most basic so to say) ><

Please update your works too! I've been missing you, I'm sure Nat has been too. we all haven't been online much. Me... about once a week, twice at most. So yeah, nothing much for updates.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

Empty Notepad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empty Notepad   Empty Notepad I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 am

(modified version, please ignore the first complete story and read this instead.)

Best Friends Forever

Yet today, I sat opposite this same frame, this same face, but streaks of wetness dampened your intricate features. Despair wounded in those tears, unravelled the otherwise hidden maturity that clouded your soul. Curtains of distance fell between us, as your shoulders rose and fell unevenly. The silence that hung in the air, only chocks and sniffs would interlude. There were only you and me; there were only the two of us, seated there, and the sun slowly lowering itself at the far end of the horizons.

What can bother you – a girl whom darkness and grief can never weigh itself on?

Even through your journal entries, all I could see were the mirth and joy you had thus far. The first times and the later repeats that have engraved enhanced and refined your beautiful memories.

Your favourite childhood destination, East Coast Park, was where you first learnt to rollerblade. Descriptions of every minute detail of how your parents held your hand and pulled you along, and the triumphant smile when you took off along the pavement to the jetty all alone, made sorrow seem to be a faraway tale of the forgotten lands.

Seven years of classmates, seven years of walking home together, seven years of playing and learning together, seven years of being seemingly close to each other, but it was only today that I finally acquired the pass to step aboard this vessel through the river of your life. A sense of bitter-cold sourness clung to the walls of my heart, like a thin layer of glue sticking to the walls of my vessels, preventing the blood cells from reaching my lungs and clogging my body with dark blood… Blood tainted by remorse, marred by repent, and stained by the agonising grief of apologies silenced by pride.

At least you start now. It’s never too late…

And thus, the first line falls, “What’s wrong?”

As if triggered by an unknown force, you began throwing your tantrum, something that is alien to me “Torture. These are all just a torture.”

You wiped the journal from the table onto the messy floor clogged with practice papers. Today marked the end of the first term of your fourth and final year of middle school education. Watching as you vent your internal frustrations by kicking the books crowding the face of the floor off their original piles, I foolishly believed it was all the endless practices you have to do that had driven you haywire.

“Relax, you’ll be out of all these knee-high revision books once the final year exam is over.”

“No! You don’t understand! This!” You swept the journal up and held it with a trembling hand, “It’s this stupid thing... This stupid thing that's making me like this!”

“You’re overstressed… How about talking to your parents about it?” The ignorant me suggested.

“Talk to them?" You smoldered a laugh, "Can’t you see? This is what they expect me to be! This is the me they want to see! This is who they want to admit is their daughter! I'm just an hollow vessel... A hollow vessel filled with nothing, nothing but anguish! If you would so like me to talk to them, then leave me be! I hate people who always pretend to help, but end up just directing me back to my parents. I hate my parents! I hate how they always take me as their little puppet that they think they can meddle and alter to their liking. Remember that poem you showed me once?
‘The gentle smile sewn unto this face,
beauty in only the limit of its length.’
That’s precisely who I am. A doll. A doll with ‘A constant whirling network of thoughts, fostered by a dead heart and silent mind’.”

Forcing a smile, you added, "You seem to understand me so well, but you're just like everyone out there! Just behind a mask! Just. A. Liar." With that, you shrilled your last words, "Leave me alone!"

“Hear me out. Even if you were to be a doll, you’d be, but the most beautiful of all, because you’re my friend. Whoever is my friend will be beautiful and unique. And no, your mind, as you’re showing it now, with all the erratic thoughts, this definitely not a silent mind… And your heart, for it can still feel, for it can still grief, for it can still create these tears, this is obviously not a dead heart. You had lived, is living, and will live on. I will grieve for your loss, just as you did for mine then. I will share your joy, just as you had for mine then. I will stand by you through thick and thin, just like you have always been doing for me. That’s why you aren’t fake, that’s why you aren’t a doll.”

Your fume cooled off as you listened to my deliberately slowed speech and over-articulated words. Even though your hiccups had subsided, those two streams on your face still seemed to have no end to them. You kept drawing sheets after sheets of tissue, dampening them with your precious tears that I had never seen before. My words hung stationary in the air for a period of time.

“Tell me more. At least you can lighten your load.” I added after the long pause, “And don’t give me that famous line you always quote, ‘One hurt is enough, we don’t need more’ To be hurt by a friend’s sad tale, is what a genuine friend would do. I am and I want to be your genuine friend.”

You began narrating your life, from the first day you could remember writing a journal. Journal was a weekly task. It was just like homework to you… Just worst. Your parents would scrutinize your entries and tear them off if they held any bit of negativity.

‘I want you to refer to your childhood as a period of innocent happiness. Why write the sorrows down when you want to forget them? Keep the moments of happiness because only then can you then appreciate all these little joys of life that kept you going.’

Something your parents never failed to repeat. Often, because some hints of unhappiness were woven between the lines, they would storm into your room and shake you awake to reprimand you.

You told me the reason for the many different journal books and the reason for the minimal number of pages they had – You had to tear off many pieces each time you write because you would drift off into despair often for grief began following in your shadows because there was nowhere they could be channeled to.

For someone whom never knew how tears were like on your face, you telling me that this was the umpteen times you've broken down, was a complete surprise.

"I always turn of the lights or hide in the shower. No one ever sees me cry, only the walls that I'm bounded by." You answered simply.

Oh how bitter that must have been!

We then spent the whole night chattering with each other, laughing and tearing at the lamentable and arduous moments of life. Seven years of friendship, but that night was the first day we really could bring in the word 'best friends forever'

You were still sleeping soundly when I woke. Carefully, I cleaned up the waste papers, and stacked your books neatly, making sure your journal was hidden as far away from the eye as possible. Before leaving, I left you a note, and I hope you can believe in that note, and keep believing until nature calls you home.

Empty Notepad

Constraint to happiness,
the words you could write.
Limited to appreciation,
the markings made on paper.

Where your world's just darkness,
you seek for pain to reside.
Ignoring the contradictions,
you had your emotions tempered.

'One is hurt enough, we don't need more,
the line you use to cover your sore.
Forgetting the pain you hold,