House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the House Of Night Novels created by P.C. and Kristin Cast. Here, you can discuss each book of House Of Night and each individual characters etc. And also you can role play.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Contact Us - honfanforum@gmail.com  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Tue May 14, 2019 11:14 am
Top posters
VampyreFreak (3778)
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_vote_lcapinsert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_voting_barinsert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Rosalie (2948)
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_vote_lcapinsert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_voting_barinsert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
calico (2263)
natshane (1789)
Namine+Roxas (1749)
ML3 (1217)
Kila (1066)
*~Dreamer~* (1037)
!lunerflower! (946)
Havoc (661)
Latest topics
» insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 pm by Katie-la

» Dreamer's Poetry
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:03 pm by Katie-la

» What you last did
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:19 am by natshane

» finsh the sentence ( game)
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:18 am by natshane

» Look Around
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:17 am by natshane

» Have you ever........(game)
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:16 am by natshane

» If You Could Change One Thing About Yourself
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» what are you listening to right now?
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» Last Thing You Watched
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:14 am by natshane

insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

Female Join date : 2010-10-17

insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Thanks, Ger! We both really need to wake up, don't we?

Where Have You Gone?

Home is where the heart is
But you don't have a heart

I know that you yearn for it
Day after Day, you yearn

Yet nothing comes from wanting
If you do nothing to get it

Get up and get going
You can't stay here forever

Everyone is waiting on you
Or maybe they aren't

Who cares? Don't let them determine
not even a little, Who you are and will be

Why are you still sitting there
Didn't I just tell you to get up

Why aren't you moving
Why aren't you there yet

When will you learn to listen
When will you mind me

Why am I still repeating
Why won't these mistakes stop

Who knows why this is happening
Who can figure how to stop it

Because you sure can't
Because you are sitting there

Sitting there staring
Staring at the empty sky

You've stopped repeating now
Or at least you've toned it down

Even you can stop history
It's path is yours to alter

Just get up and move already
Watching you sit is making me sick

And we both are already sick enough
And we both want to sleep

You want a home, right
I do, too

You want a heart, right
I do, too

But who am I
To say anything to you

I'm just that heart you don't have
Who decided to talk back...

Motivation

I know you are scared
I know you are afraid
to take the first step
or the second
or the third

But do you see those people
miles and miles ahead are people
who took that first step
AND the second
AND the third

So why can't you?
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Female Join date : 2009-06-16

Character sheet
Name: Dreamer (Left); Sky (Right)
Affinity: Power Tapping and Invisibility (both)

insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:43 am

Could you by chance be refering to yourself?

If you are, how about asking yourself what is it that's keeping you back?
If it is to someone else... Now about observing and finding out more before you get the person to stand up and moce forward? Maybe the fear this person holds isn't what ypu've had thought it was all along?

Dk. It just made me wonder why.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/690245/
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:12 pm

The first one was kind of my way of asking myself that.

What's holding you back? haha. xDD
Motivation was kinda like the after picture. You've figured it out, do something about it. hehe.

talking to myself through poetry.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:29 pm

I do that all the time. in fact, i rant it out. Then did I come to realisation. and thus, write another about the realisation. and hence, at the end of it all, i find myself speaking, asking and answering to myself.

cool ain't it? the fear of letting others in, while displaying yourself like an open book in your writes.
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:33 am

haha. Yeah, that's exactly how I feel.
It's definitely a bit weird, I must admit.
But I wouldn't be me without writing, ya know?
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:53 pm

sure do. because i'm one too.

I've update my thread with quite a few poems, would be extremely grateful if you could spare me some of your time and effort to leave a few reviews. (:
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:25 pm

Metamorphoses

When starting anew,
I can feel my cocoon
Slowly slip away

Like a snake's skin

But as soon as I'm free
Another protective layer
Seems to grow

As quickly as the first

When will I break free
From this boring
And depressing cycle

When can I breathe again
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Female Join date : 2010-06-11

Character sheet
Name: Adrianna
Affinity: Hobby: Writing

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:39 am

Hey Katie, I read your poems and it seems that you're improving a lot! (And ger's in tutor mode, haha:) )

Metamorphoses just catches my eye, it's such an attractive title! And it's brilliant! Yes, it's from my true heart, I am amazed that you compared dull, routine like life to skin shedding, that was brilliant! I will never think of that! And you described it perfectly, not another word said, this is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetwilightsaga.com
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:30 am

nah, don't like the title 'tutor'. i don't have that kind of skill/ ability. i'm just giving some reviews and yea, encouraging or prompting rather katie on ways to find out more...? or maybe just to confuse herself more. because when you confuse yourself enough, you will be enlightened. because it's the confusion that teaches you. okay whatever, i'm probably not making any sense.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 7:50 am

LOL, it seems that you're random today Ger. But I don't think you're confusing us much, as usual, you're insightful!
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 6:47 am

insightful. what a word to use. Was it meant to be humourous, sarcastic or plain randomness as well? Because randomness doesn't seem to run on the same lines as being insightful ><
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:24 am

Really? I always respect people who are random (but not stupid random) because they tend to have a different view about, well, everything.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:01 pm

You sure have an irediscent mind. Mystical, unique, a little captivating as a result. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:13 am

Goodness, Nat, Ger is always a tutor! (In the good way. It's really a blessing ) bahaha. Yes, I'm learning something out of it...Except for the confusion rant. That was...confusing? (Yeah, confusing.)

I have no idea what to write right now. I'm going to have to meditate on it for a bit. I've been on this reading rampage (which is why I haven't updated.) I've been reading novels as fast as I can get my hands on them. And it has about taken the life out of me. I haven't moved in decades...But once I read, I don't stop until the book is finished. xD
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:14 am

But as they say, the more you read, the more experience you get...We'll just call it training. *wink,wink*

Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:26 pm

ahha. don't think i've forgotten you, but rather, you've forgotten yourself!
i asked for updates, not for random comments D: <
>< anyways, you don't have to be inspired all the time. 'inspirations' don't have to 'come to you', you can 'look for them'.

go out. market place, shopping mall, streets, nature reserves, EVEN in school! just write about anything that you see. (that's what i do) It won't be very nicely written, but it is raw and full of passion and emotions.
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 2:35 am

I'm kinda grounded. bahaha. I'M STUCK. That's actually why I've been reading so much. I really need to get back into meh stories. I'm not making progress!

Here we go.

Ties That Bond Us

You are stringing me along
And all I see is your smile
As you pull and tug
On my fragile heart

But a quick flash of silver
Sharp and swift it flies
I see in your other hand
A pair of scissors

As they fly towards the string
Your smile does not fade
Still something is wrong
And poor me, I realize too late

You've cut the string
And you've severed our connection
Is this just a changeable future I see
Or is it the inevitable

~Katie Mac

(She speaks once again! The Bard of Mac seems to've returned.)
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:17 am

Sobs. I hate that person, he's evil. And you described it real well! I can actually picture the scene, (it was white blinding background for I don't know what reason, Razz) I love it! And I missed reading your poems! My favourite stanza:

As they fly towards the string
Your smile does not fade
Still something is wrong
And poor me, I realize too late

And, Ger is always a tutor, whether she denies it or not, hehe.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 6:18 am

Your meditation seemed to be really effective. Teach me how! ><

I love the descriptions in here. distinctly describes the object. It's as if you are watching the whole process... which is both really intriguing AND scary (I won't ever watch such a thing. bloody cruel. literally ><).

Still disappointed, a little, by the lack of emotions. Not that there isn't any, just there isn't enough to evoke desired emotions and as a result, inflict desired reactions and thoughts in the readers. /shrugs/ just me i guess? I do too much analysis in school. ALL the time actually. 'we're preparing you for your O levels. everything will be very O level benchmarking style of teaching. so first of all, you have to read. FEEL the poem, then ANALYZE what the poet could have meant when he used certain words... certain phrases... ' yeah. and he goes on and on and on and on... and on.... and on... okay, i'm ranting. but he really does go on and on and on.. and on... and on... okay that was plain lame, but whatever~

Do like that the 'tell' is less and a little more of 'showing' is seen here. I can't remember any of your past poems. Sorry. Not trying to demoralize you or anything along those lines, just saying...

And brought that up because there are several very distinct poems I remember from Nat's write.
One that you MUST read is the one about the rose. I think it was titled 'the rose'. I don't think i can ever write THAT well. the diction, the depth, the descriptions, the imagery, the tone, the emotions, EVERYTHING. It was just perfect to me.
Crashing sail. I think that's what it's called. and this one, it's not as good as the rose, but it was striking, the imagery of the title itself. I may not have remembered much of the write, but i definitely remembered the controlling idea. which is the point of the poet, no?
Iridescent -- it was a disappointing write. but i adore the title. really unexpected title. made me google it up to clarify some ambiguity i had with the definition of the word. and hence i could remember the poem quite well.

Just saying. not that you aren't good, just that you haven't enough experience I suppose?

Sorry if it hurt you in any way. I'm just err... not that good at making things round and smooth (direct translation from chinese: 圆滑), meaning not good and speaking nicely... which is usually just beating around the air (not even beating around the bush manz).
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:33 am

Why you mentioned meditation?? Just curious XD
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:45 am

read above >< she mentioned that she needed to meditate for a little to get inspirations. ><
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:47 am

Oh oh oh, sorry my bad!

I can never do meditation.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:53 am

lol. we have too much on our minds. we always think of something when we're meditating, rather, TRYING to meditate. we have to tell ourselves consistently and consciously that we SHOULD NOT be thinking about anything at all. and to do that consciously and consistently, we're thinking. lol.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:59 am

Exactly, that's why I am never fit to be meditating, and yoga. Maybe it's because our mind is young and we can't really stand to sit still? Haha
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:04 am

haha love that line. rofl
sorry, just digressing.
'we can't really stand to sit still' what an irony, and contradiction!
lol. okay, it's just and age-old joke about standing and sitting. sorry. digress. bad habit, but it's coming more and more naturally to me... often too... like when i'm studying chemistry, i'll suddenly think about geography, about the ox-bow lake. lol. how it's formed and all. rofl. happend to me yesterday: i was studying physics, then halfway thru, i suddenly, unconsciously, picked up my literature text and started reading it out in an epically dramatic way. lol. after reading it, i laughed at that reading and digressed further into social studies... about venice. and when i finally came back, it was half and hr later. lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next