House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the House Of Night Novels created by P.C. and Kristin Cast. Here, you can discuss each book of House Of Night and each individual characters etc. And also you can role play.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Contact Us - honfanforum@gmail.com  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Tue May 14, 2019 11:14 am
Top posters
VampyreFreak (3778)
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_vote_lcapinsert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_voting_barinsert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
Rosalie (2948)
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_vote_lcapinsert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_voting_barinsert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
calico (2263)
natshane (1789)
Namine+Roxas (1749)
ML3 (1217)
Kila (1066)
*~Dreamer~* (1037)
!lunerflower! (946)
Havoc (661)
Latest topics
» insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 pm by Katie-la

» Dreamer's Poetry
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:03 pm by Katie-la

» What you last did
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:19 am by natshane

» finsh the sentence ( game)
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:18 am by natshane

» Look Around
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:17 am by natshane

» Have you ever........(game)
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:16 am by natshane

» If You Could Change One Thing About Yourself
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» what are you listening to right now?
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» Last Thing You Watched
insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:14 am by natshane

insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Female Join date : 2010-06-11

Character sheet
Name: Adrianna
Affinity: Hobby: Writing

insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:07 am

lol! Now that you mentioned it, I can't believe I can type out a random ironic line, lol!

And man, you can totally be distracted. From geography to Literature, I think if I were you I'll just close the book and switch on the TV instead, hahahaa.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetwilightsaga.com
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Female Join date : 2009-06-16

Character sheet
Name: Dreamer (Left); Sky (Right)
Affinity: Power Tapping and Invisibility (both)

insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:12 am

idk. but i've the habit of doing that... lately that is. cause i've been away from the computer most of the day... and night too... only on to check hw... erm... i don't use msn or anything else... i'm progressing to primitive age, but who cares? i don't... at least i won't it does get me my A1s. no, i should place MORE emphasis. a1S. PLURAL, MANY. >< okay random but whatever (again). >< the random imnut spasm. rofl.

so i just pick up anything in my view and start doing that. and anyway, as you can INFER, there's nothing but schools stuff before me. other than now that is. >< there' a computer and it 'just took up 2.5hrs of my time. rawr! now i'm 2.5hrs short of life to finish my homework. and 2.5hrs short of life to prepare for my o levels. and 2hours short of my life to better prepare myself for future endeavors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/690245/
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:15 am

You're making me guilty for not preparing myself for O'levels, I just don't see a point in reading so much but ended up forgetting it anyway, I hate exams because it get you all worked up and in the end, only 50% of what you learned still remains in your memory. That sucked.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:25 am

actually no. it's the passion that results in you remembering or forgetting. if you've no passion in learning that subject, whatever you've learnt of that subject will degenerate to waste. but if you love that subject, like me for example, i love lit and geo, so i will rmb the quotes and remember the landforms. i will link every possible method of learning to it. i even took the effort to record my geo notes so that i can listen to them on the way to and from school. that's passion. passion motivates action. and action gives rise to drive, and drive to momentum, and momentum to success. that's that progress, the route, the procedure. no way out. you need to first love the subject. loving it makes you interested in it, and makes desire to know more about it. and revision will come naturally. you absorb more when you're positively listening as opposed to learning with a negative frame of mind. you always remember the most when you're most awake. and what makes you awake? lets take teachers for example, teachers who entertain you makes you awake in their class, no? same thing for subjects. when you love a subject, you'll pay attention, and hence, stay awake in class.

i'm talking too much. i think you got what i meant. ><

just remember, you learn it for yourself, not for the exam. whatever you're learning, whether if it is about food production, rise and fall of venice, or about wilfred owen or about fishing for jasmine, what-not, every subject is just to build your wealth of knowledge, it's for you to have somewhere to grab an idea or two or at least be able to cover some grounds... and understand what others talk about in a more in depth way. you can get subtle messages, ulterior motives. that's the purpose of learning. revision is tedious, dreary, boring, and has even been labelled 'suffering' as our Level Master, but you revise hard, yes it seems like it's for the exams whatever is coming, but we may not know, when we'll be using this in our jobs. like for example, in future, when we go out to work an we're on an overseas trip (business trip), they bring you around like show you around, you'll be like ' ohhhh i know this... oh... learnt this before.. oh... so this is how it looks!' kind of thing. you have it all in you, just the physical exposure to it that's missing. it looks dead to us now, but when step into the society, it will come to life. somehow, one way or another.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:29 am

Hmm, you actually just thought me an important lesson, perhaps I am like that, I felt no passion for the things that I am studying. Actually, I rather live in the storybook world but that is not reality:( I want to have a job where I could just stay home and read and then type out a review for that, too bad, that doens't really pay the big bucks huh?

I love chemistry, and I think of majoring in Chemistry when I go to college, I love subjects that allows me to think, like writing, I have a place to enhance my writing skills and encourage me to think out of the box, Chemistry, let's just say I have lots to think for that too, CHEMICAL EQUATIONS!!!.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:32 am

haha. i take literature, and it was more of a voluntary subject i offered to take up. so passion for me. geography too. i'm more visual, although uhh... idk... that's why many times, i'll link to what comes to my mind. the imagery aspect of writes. but i'm even for the VKA test. i got 10, 9, 9. so it's just a leaning towards visual, but it's not far off for me. i use all of the methods when it comes to studying. i write, i speak to myeslf, i look at the words, i listen to recordings of my ' beautiful' /coughs/ voice.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:36 am

So you're a theory girl. In my place, there's 2 catagories, Theory and Practical clans! LOL. I'm also more of a theory member. I didn't study geo though, it's not a compulsory subject, but I did well in it when I was taking it.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:42 am

oh. practical is more of those who need to see it huh? actually i have to admit i'm more of forcing myself to become theoretical. i used to be practical, very practical. visual learners are practical people. they need to SEE and hence, visual. for physical geograph and even ss, i'll rely on the picture to remember my information. like for example, ox-bow lake or waterfall, i'll go online to SEARCH for the pictures. then look at them. and ohhh so this is how it looks like in real life. but school makes you theoretical. you can't rlly SEE the things. they're just information in a book or in books, that don't seem to exist in real life. we're sort of carved out to be theoretical people. which is why, there hasn't been any JC/ UNI people who attained nobel prize or any form of creative technology prize. because we're theoretical. did you know... all the famous people like the person who found that we dream a lot of dreams and not just one or not at all every night (forgot his name), he was a practical person. he held a key in his hand and extended it out such that when he fell asleep, the key would drop and hit a ceramic plate beneath it and wake him up. through that experiment, he concluded that we dream many dreams and not just one or not at all every night.

Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:44 am

Haha, the only dream analyzer that I could think of was the movie Inception, lol. Though I have yet to watch it. However, I don't really see how a practical person is also a visual person, I'm kinda confused, LOL
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:54 am

practical people are those who need to experience it for themselves i presume? so actually all three, VKA can fall nder both practical and theoretical. theoretical for V is easy, read notes. practical for V is looking at the pictures. for visual learners, that's practical already. because only K (kinesthetic) need to go to the place to touch and feel for themselves. auditory are the least practical people because they just need to listen. the only form of listening practically is to hear the sound, which isn't very practical itself to do. ><

so actually, VKA is a different system which incoporates both theoretical and practical.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:56 am

COOL! you actually have that in your country? Dang! That's encouraging the people to actually be creative and versatile!
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:00 am

huh? what about being creative and versatile? what has VKA got to do with that? o.o
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Practical/ Theoritical, that's encouraging us to do well in both! XD
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:18 pm

ahh i see. but it's just a different system.. that STILL is meant to categorize us... just like that of examinations and tests... much.
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

Female Join date : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:20 am

*~Dreamer~* wrote:
lol. we have too much on our minds. we always think of something when we're meditating, rather, TRYING to meditate. we have to tell ourselves consistently and consciously that we SHOULD NOT be thinking about anything at all. and to do that consciously and consistently, we're thinking. lol.

It's pretty much IMPOSSIBLE for me to clear my mind. So I just concentrate on numbers.

I close my eyes, and I count my breaths. In...1...Out...2...In...3...Out...4

And Then I'll end up thinking about something and then I'll be like NOOOO COUNT@!?@!?!!
And it ends up helping?

Sometimes I meditate on like an idea.I think about something: a moral, a person, something that invokes strong emotion with me. Like anger, or sorrow or happiness. And I just close my eyes and let it take over. And my train of thought eventually comes to something that I want to put on paper.

And I totally don't mind with the chat I think of it as inspiration!

CONCERNING YOUR CRITIQUE!

Bahaha. Like that'd other me. It makes me know that you care, Ger! Goshers, like Nta says, your a tutor whether you want to be or not. =DD

ANd ur awesome at it. You give better constructive criticism than my teachers.

Not rememberable? I don't think so either lol. All of my poems are just kinda there, I guess. It's not really my passion, it's just something to do when I'm bored.

I'd much rather read it. lol

Which is why I basically troll ur guy's pages. hehe

But yeah, it's basically something to get all of that stress out. My real passion is writing <333. Not like I'm good at that either. xDD

But yeah, I totally don't mind. In fact, keep it up. xDD I appreciate it so much, you have no idea how much I really need this.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:27 am

lol. well suit yourself in what you want to label me as. /shrugs/ just not really liking labels.
anyways, i'll... whenever i have time.
and time's passing by faster and faster and faster.. it's already wk4 into the term... and i'll be having my prelims in wk9... gosh, and i'm still here? but whatever ><

do whatever you like really, it's what keeps you going.
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 10:22 am

*~Dreamer~* wrote:
lol. well suit yourself in what you want to label me as. /shrugs/ just not really liking labels.
anyways, i'll... whenever i have time.
and time's passing by faster and faster and faster.. it's already wk4 into the term... and i'll be having my prelims in wk9... gosh, and i'm still here? but whatever ><

do whatever you like really, it's what keeps you going.

o.0 You guys have school during summer, don't you? xDD
bahaha. I forgot about year-round schooling. That must be so tiring, even with the like month long breaks. I don't know what I'd do with out the summer-transition break thing.

But, nah, Ger, I don't really like labels either. So let's just stick to you are awesome and all knowing so continue to critique because you are AWESOME at it!

xDD
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:47 am

ugh, you have summer, we have school. That really is a depressing thought.

I don't mind studying, its just having to go to school is a tiring thing!
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 6:33 pm

take comfort in numbers (:
when all's suffering as you are,
it isn't as painful as it should be.
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Well, you guys get like month long breaks! We get one week in fall and spring (if the weather is well and we don't miss school) and get two-three in December. And then we get like two months for summer. xP
Basically we get three months of a year.

But summer is still a nice little transition. How do you change grades? In the summer as well?
We change with our break.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 3:23 am

Well, that is sort of true, Razz I have lots of break in my country.

In Malaysia, we change grades with the start of a new year. Let's say, I'm Form 4 in year 2010 and Form 5 in beginning of 2011 until November 2011. Did I explain it well? LOL
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:15 am

mine works like nate's it starts on january 1st-3th, depending on which day it falls on.
we stay through, from january to october. after october, we're considered 'graduated' from that level.
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
Katie-la

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:49 pm

Oh, so every year u r just a new grade. That actually makes more sense. We just quit school for summer and come back rofl. We always say "School's out." During summer lol
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:28 am

we have times when we have 'school's out' kind of thing. normally during june and november, where holidays are month long or so.
school's both stressful and fun.
and dilemma-ical (if there's such a word)
friends are the greatest gift and bother in life.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:05 am

I'm back dearie, and it's about time you should update since you claim it's dead! :DD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD   insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next