House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the House Of Night Novels created by P.C. and Kristin Cast. Here, you can discuss each book of House Of Night and each individual characters etc. And also you can role play.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Contact Us - honfanforum@gmail.com  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Tue May 14, 2019 11:14 am
Top posters
VampyreFreak (3778)
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_vote_lcapDreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_voting_barDreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 
Rosalie (2948)
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_vote_lcapDreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_voting_barDreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 
calico (2263)
natshane (1789)
Namine+Roxas (1749)
ML3 (1217)
Kila (1066)
*~Dreamer~* (1037)
!lunerflower! (946)
Havoc (661)
Latest topics
» insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 pm by Katie-la

» Dreamer's Poetry
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:03 pm by Katie-la

» What you last did
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:19 am by natshane

» finsh the sentence ( game)
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:18 am by natshane

» Look Around
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:17 am by natshane

» Have you ever........(game)
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:16 am by natshane

» If You Could Change One Thing About Yourself
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» what are you listening to right now?
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» Last Thing You Watched
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:14 am by natshane

Dreamer's Poetry

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Female Join date : 2009-06-16

Character sheet
Name: Dreamer (Left); Sky (Right)
Affinity: Power Tapping and Invisibility (both)

Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:56 am

OMG. I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR YOU! I thought you'd never return! /tears in relief/
You take bio? I never really liked bio. i think it's quite a mugger subject.

AKS: Nor do I, if you read the last stanza >< Live it the way you get it. for there's a purpose whether we know it or not. well i don't, and i do wonder... no not do, i did wonder about it (quite a lot too) last time... but today, i'm just trying to work hard for the nearest 'future' called Junior College (or rather, 'O' lvls). Speaking of which, my term test is coming soon. and yeah, no holidays for me (NOOOOO!!!!! but it's okay, i can see my LOOOOOOOONG holidays that will be coming quite soon.. actually... very soon... considering the fact that one term has already passed).ZOMG. one term is gone, what am i doing here???!!!! why am i still forum-ing? i should be studying... NO! MUGGING! no... learning!!! no... revising!! zomg i should be doing everything else but sitting here and typing all these things!!!! okay, but whatever~ (note: procrastinating, please ignore)

this was a more reflective write for me on that issue. in fact, both beloved mentor and teacher no more are on the same issue (i think you've already noticed that).

Well I wanted to see a teacher for consultation... okay i shall write one more before i answer your question, because i've this feeling that, if i write this third one, things will change. ><

I still love this teacher, i was just really unhappy at that moment. those two writes were just to vent out my unhappiness (i mean, given the short-tempered nature of me~ I'm not at all surprised... wait, if i am surprised, i will not be me. Okay, just being lame).

Poem:

The Foolish Student

I've had my share
of venting and ranting,
about all the anger
and unfairness I've felt...

But I didn't give you a chance,
to reason for yourself.

I'm ashamed of those thoughts,
which have crossed my mind,
when you first told me
that cutting line.

You just didn't have the time,
to explain and clarify yourself.

I am in grievance,
for all the assumptions made,
about that simple comment,
which you'd not have meant any harm.

All the slogging and slaving for us,
and I focussed but on that one phrase.

I am a failure as a student,
narrow-minded as a Gemini,
useless as a Human,
and short-sighted as a living being.

There may be teachers better than you,
but you're definitely better than all I've known.

Even if I may not become a mentor,
but I'll remember the way
you taught us at the expense of your health,
and how you'd never give up on us no matter how we do.

I may regret a dozen other things,
but I'll never regret that I have --
Loved your lessons right from the beginning.

~Ger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/690245/
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:33 am

deleted (update is in newest post)

Last edited by *~Dreamer~* on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Female Join date : 2010-06-11

Character sheet
Name: Adrianna
Affinity: Hobby: Writing

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:03 am

Hey Ger! Yup, I disappeared for a week again nut it's good to be back.
You just had your first term exam? So did I, and yes we are one step closer to taking our O Levels, and I guess I should be more like you, studying instead of forum-ing but I just couldn't help it, in fact I'm glad that I could take a break from the heavy load of homework I was assigned with. Anyways, have to endure through the homework (not that I minded doing them, wait, I do. I hate doing notes) and I still got tons left incomplete, luckily I have a week of break, I really needed time and space to breath. Phew.

I get where you're going with the poems and I do sense the turmoil in you, your third poem regarding that matter reflected well you're true meanings and thoughts, and I picked out the emotions when you wrote that. I really admire that piece and I think that was one of your best piece written. You might thin differently but that's just my thoughts:)

I'm sorry but I have to go for now, but I'll be back (soon, hopefully) to read and review (more like voicing out my thoughts! LOL, I was never a professional reviewer) on your updates.

Btw, have you heard of the tsunami that hit Japan? It was horrible!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetwilightsaga.com
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:51 pm

yeah, and here it is... my view of it:

Unworthy

Inane magnitudes recorded,
insane crack on earth's crust...
Quaked a magnitude of 9,
doubled by 6m of waves
which rolled dark murky waters in.

hudreds of thousands of ships,
planes and vehicles,
swept away from the land...

Like little toys they bob,
in the massive torrent...
Then disappear beneath bridges,
or are stuck behind buildings.

Nuclear station bursting into flames,
radiation spreading in the atmosphere...
In another hudred years or more to come,
problems and effects of this aftermath,
will surface as humans begin
to develop signs of deficiancy.

Citizens of our planet earth,
never missing any timings for news,
many are despairing for the lives lost,
others worring for the damage done.

Professors and news reporters,
discussions about predicted quakes,
and foreseen monstrous breaks,
apparently more is coming our way...

Countries sending in their helplines,
in-flow of water and external members...
Men fight and quarrel over petite things,
yet we get together to help them,
even when they are old enemies of distant shores.

Let us pray, let us sit together
and put our minds and hearts
as one to pray,
clasp our hands together and
plea God have mercy on mankind,
to let this be the last....

Many are trying to help,
most are honestly concerned...

Yet there're still some who believe,
it is the retribution they owed the world...

Are they still worth the title 'Human'?
~Ger.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:49 am

Written in such despair yet it awed me. This poem summarize what happened in Japan for the past few days and I think I couldn't have written better (but a rhytmic flow to the poem would make it better). Nevertheless, an outstanding poem for the loss of our people. Actually, not be 'inhumane' or something, but is it possible for me to feel numb? Because till this second, as much as I'm horrified about what had mother nature did to us, everything seemed so surreal. I watched the news and all I could think was...'Is this some kind of movie?' Yet I know it is happening, but I don't believe it.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:06 am

surreal? sometimes we do become numb to things that happen around us... maybe that's why i'm still alive? because all my past agony has rendered the present grief 'surreal'? We never know.

But yes, I can see where you're coming from.

As for me, I only have one word -- ''anger''

Why? whom?
Anger because some people are still alive -- when they don't even know how to EVEN sympathize.
whom? that friend of mine who simply titled the whole incident a retribution...

Unneeded Presence

The earthquake and tsunami,
do you think it was really,
the retribution they deserve?

If deep down you do,
I really wonder why,
God hasn't taken you home!

Sometime in the dim history,
I'm sure some of those whom
we share perpetual lineage has sinned.

If Japan's decedents owed this,
then our turns aren't far away too,
just round the corner, I'd say.

So if deep down you think they deserve this,
do you think anyone will live to tell this disaster,
to any coming generations?
~Ger.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:28 am

Anger. I felt.
This piece had struck me (even though I'm not really feeling anything, numb. I supposed) with such magnitude that I have to give praises. Not because of the words (which I admit, contributed to the effect) but also the emotions portrayed. It was even more....feral than before. I supposed because the previous one was written with despair, this had simply, astounded me. I dislike people who take things for advantage, and even though I feel numb, I sympathize for the loss, for the deaths, and for the destruction and their fate. And to know that this is an act of nature (which I'm sure is one of nature ways of revenge), it shows that humans are vulnerable in the hands of something so vast and powerful. The innocent died, and we rejoice? That's inhumane. I would show this poem to anyone who look at destruction and smile.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:22 pm

i don't have the courage i suppose. i flame, i complain, all in this worded form... but i've never really dared showing it to others... especially those who caused such an 'uproar' within me that i'd write a poem to counter.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:19 pm

I suppose refraining is a virtue. ;p
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 7:32 am

maybe maybe. (:

well, how about you? anything new?
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:33 am

Well, tomorrow is the starting of school and I feel reluctant (that's what holidays do that me), and I have yet to complete the pile of homework before the holidays (I know right! I'm such a procrastinator, and I can't resist doing something school-free). And I can't help but feeling depressed for I don;t know what!
Now, my rant is over:p
How about you?
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:53 am

nothing much other than breaking down while watching news about japan quake aftermath and yes, h-o-m-e-w-o-r-k.

Oh yes, oh yes. I'm officially obsessed with MayDay ><><><><
zomg I love ASHIN. Yes, i know i lag. he's like 36/ 37 this year and i only came to realize how much he resembles the singer of SID -- mao (just google 'mao' and you'll see how he looks like).

zomg he's so ownage. I fell in love, not only with his appearance, but his voice and as well as his skills. just like jay chou, he's taleneted. jay is talented in instruments that's why i love jay so much. and like jay, ashin has his own style. it's not really labelled as Ashin's style, but it's quite clear he's like that. Ashin is taleneted in creating lyrics and producing scores. he has created several, in fact, many melodies for MayDay, and ALL the lyrics of ALL the songs of MayDay was written by him. yes, i do admit at the start, there were some songs which i thought had a nice melody, but completely lousy lyrics. and i even wondered if he and studied beyond middle school >< okay that's so mean of me. but the more recent ones really are great. on top of all that, he knows both hokkien and chinese. well, i never listened to hokkien songs, but thanks to Ashin, now I do. ><

MOST OF ALL: MayDay is a rock band, rather, Ashin's style leans towards rock. For me, it doesn't matter which band it is, or what language they're singing, so long they're a rock band, it makes me happy and i'll love their songs. but i'm rather selective about my rock bands. i cannot take hard rock. it's too disturbing for my ears. prefer soft- rock or pop-rock.

yes, is that a lot that's new about me?
Maybe... probably >< just liking MayDay or rather, just idolizing again is a miracle for me since the poem 'over-idolizing'. But yes, i'm starting to get that feeling again. that feeling of 'why am i here behind a computer screen, idolizing someone who will never come to recognize me? (since i won't be attending concerts because i want to be famous so i have to save up now ><)'
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:38 am

Wow, that's a long comment, but I have fun reading it! Nice to be catching up with you!

Talking about Jay Chou, I went Karaoke yesterday and we sang a whole lot of Jay Chou's songs, I might not be a big fan of him but it has effected me somehow. We sang Listen to your mum (okay, the english translation just sucked, ting1 mama de4 hua4) and all of us was waving like crazy, especially the rap part, XD. I googled him and he looked good!

There's nothing wrong about idolizing a person, even though we know that our supposed 'relationship' is nonexistent, I might always say I wanted to marry whoever whoever (okay, actually I never said that, just because I like Edward Cullen I don't go around calling myself Mrs. Cullen) but I KNOW that that would never happen. So idolizing is a natural process for everyone. Glad you rediscovered your feelings:D

Well, I had a hectic week, I just went out all night last night to celebrate my friend's birthday, (that's why we went to Karaoke, she wanted to sing) and today I was buried with piles of homework and plans for tomorrows Moral activity, we have a project in which we spend time with Underprivileged children, looking forward to actually! And I'm the MC so I was rehearsing and preparing my script. I just got my results and I was 2nd in class, not bad I would say, despite how lazy I was. Haha. Read more books, did more homework, tired like hell, hoping for a chance to forum without a heavy burden on my back and feeling inspired!

Okay, that's basically my week, haha.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 2:50 am

i'm a little late. i DID use the computer, but i was busying myself with stuff like online work and did facebooking. then i watch 10pm show ( i think it's only broadcast locally... it's a local production called 'secrets for sale' you can google it up i think it's somewhere on the net. you can watch it on xin.msn.sg -- a worthy show to watch IMO.)... okay i sound like some advert >.>

okay i HAVE been slacking quite a deal for last and this wk... (until today. today will be the last day i will be SO slacky. i think i'll still continue to use the computer, but won't spend so much time... spent like 4 hrs here today zomgwtf. rofl.

OH YES, books. man books. i've been reading this story called 'horoscope continuous killing' (it's directly translated to english... it's on the cover of the book, not my translation. well, i won't blame that author since well.. he's a china. but it's REALLY cool book (so far that is... because i haven't finished reading it). talks about how the people who went on a trip were killed one after another in the order of their horoscope.

Jay Chou? :DDDDDD
he rocks loads. I don't really like ting ma ma de hua (the chorus isn't too bad) because of the rap. i don't like hard raps. i prefer those gentle (?) raps. errr.. those raps which don't last very long, and aren't exactly very fast... and erm has some sort of tune to it. most raps don't have much tunes. the ONLY exception to hard rap is AAA (band). their rapper is like zomgwtf (lol í think i've used this term before) imba. i love that rapper. ><><><

but yeah, i'm not that much into idolizing now.
I've realized that i liked mayday because most of their songs have very distinct melody lines which i can play on the piano. they usually run on major keys, very seldom on the minor... there's only one score which was really weird -- you're not really happy. it ran on modes (erm.. modes are keys which don't have any accidentals, like sharp or flats), and a lot of minor notes, semitones, very weird key sequences. although the chorus was still distinct. it was exactly the same as my one-hand playing, just that the left hand was really really off key sounding. okay i just suck at playing it. bad workman blames tools. yes. i'm a REALLY bad workman, ain't i? >< well that's besides the point, but it's really difficult to play even though it was just 2 pages, but i am still unable to play it.... not even the first bar (lol i FAIL!).

dk if you've heard 'suddenly missing you' (tu ran hao xiang ni). also by mayday. for this song, it only took me a mere 3 days to get a hang of the flow of the whole song and be able to play and sing it on the piano. simple song. you can give it a try if you learn the piano. it's a very sweet song. i love the chorus A LOT.

they have another song.... errr i think it's 'like smoke' (ru yan) i like these few parts the most:
'有没有这么一朵玫瑰永远不凋谢
永远骄傲和完美永远不妥协‘

'有没有那么一张书签停止那一天
最单纯的笑容和最美那一年‘

and

'有没有那么一首诗篇找不到句点
青春永远定居在我们的岁月'

okay, i like emo songs. maybe i can't use the word like, but it's sort of an inclination i guess. happy songs tend to make me feel a little weird? idk... just like ' why is it not me' kind of feeling. like sekai ni hitotsu dake no hana' that song... it talks about how we are all like a flower, and we just have to be strong and live on for ourselves because we are all beautiful the way we are whether we agree/know it or not.

but emo songs... it just feels homely. alright, you may think i'm an emo freak. but well, it's just confusing to me (honestly)... because there are certain songs which are sad, but i don't like, like for example ' welcome to my life' that's one song that's emo but i don't like. it doesn't feel extreme, it feels... just like me. i turn up the music, hide behind the shower and tear till i get a headache. don't worry, not now. 1. because i don't have the time to >< 2. because it's meaningless to me to do that now. 3. because i now have a circle of friends. 4. because i've walked out of it. 5. because i've realized that if i smile when i'm sad and help others out it makes me grow... in a way that it makes me realize how na'ive it was for me then, to have cried so hard over people not worth even my breath.

maybe because emo songs are softer (not all though), slower, more gentle? idk. but that's a question i haven't thought about (until now). ><

oh? somewhat like our cip i guess? where you either go out to homes to help or invite people from homes to the school to watch concerts put up by your school...?
it's a good experience. and i've never been an MC, would love to try, but our school... dk why... i haven't had the chance to be on stage before... maybe it's because i don't dare to...

talking about personal favourites... i also have a few poems which i personally love the most.

one is 'Perceptional Sophistication' (besides the effort i had to put in to find the synonyms, i felt that it was the only one which i successfully personified every single thing i'd brought up, and had a rhythmic flow. very smooth poem to read.)

haven't thought about the other, still reconsidering

nice catching up with you too! (:

talk again.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 2:55 am

oh btw, just so you won't think i'm forgetting my reader/ reviewer (you and katie) on this site, i'll be embarking on several aesthetic sets of writing after my O lvl:

1. Arts Quartet (collection of 4 poems about the 4 aspects of art: acted, read, heard, and seen) -- <1
2. The Assembly ( collection of 22 poems about instrumental aspect of arts) -- >6
3. Word Me (Collection of 6 poems about the written aspect of arts) -- <3
4. Cozy Flavours (collection of several poems about different places in Singapore) --
5. Tuneful Humans (Collection of 6 poems about the vocal aspect of arts) -- <3
6. Beautiful Imperfections (collection of several poems about how being imperfect can actually be really beautiful) -- ?

I've one complete set:
-- Colorful Collection (collection of 25 poems about the visual aspect of art)

*numbers after brackets reflect projected time span for collection to be completed (in weeks).

Last edited by *~Dreamer~* on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 3:01 am

*~Dreamer~* wrote:
Quote :

Colorful Collection Part I

Blossoms of Shell Pink

A thought, a word,
sets me spinning in my world.
A glimpse, a smile,
all I need to skip down the aisle.
A crush, a liking,
I'm overwhelmed by such feelings.
~Ger.

Shades of Breathing Blue

The generator of energy,
the well of life,
a necessity gifted to man.

The encouragement of joy,
The haven of life,
an essence of man's freedom.

The sky and sea,
the reason of life,
and source of mystery.
~Ger.

Flush of Chrome Orange

Hand of destruction,
heart of warmth.
Form of freedom,
embodiment of chains.
Leader of power,
Master of weakness.
~Ger.

Streaks of Bright Yellow

The aurora of smiles,
the comfort of light.
A glow of happiness,
A sensation of fervor.

Stretch your hand,
and reach for the stars.
Feel heat inundate you,
and spirit away from here.
~Ger.

Splashes of Shifting Green

Birth on mother earth,
a new lease of life,
tint, timind and shy,
it gradually opens itself.

Watching as friends fall,
becoming aids of growth,
exposure and experience,
its skin is slowly tanned.

Pigments lost through merriment,
timer of death begins to tick,
Fading, thinning and paling,
youthful vigor drowned in present fear.
~Ger.

Haziness of Lucid White

Purity that shone through,
encrypted innocence of youth.
We know it will fade one day,
but presume it's still far away.

Even nature has it's bends,
and lucid stones can be impure.
How much of a distance,
can the 'far away' be?

It's about time we wake,
from the naive beliefs we make.
Transparency is greying out,
there's no more time to wait.
~Ger,

(Please highlight to read! Sorry about it)
Clarity of Tainted Black

It's along the deepest alleys,
that we are warry.
It's in the dim-lit night,
that we run from shadow's sight.
It's after the heaviest rain,
that we see fog that doesn't taint.
It's not always grief that darkness greets,
often it's the beauty we choose not meet.
~Ger.

Spectrum of Simple Grey

A trillion little pixels,
a billion different shades.
Even the basic of the basic,
can confuse and haze the mind.

A million little blots and splashes,
a thousand different feelings.
Even the common of the common,
can inundate one with extreme emotions.

A hundred similar pairs of eyes,
a dozen different perspectives.
Even the finest of the finest,
can be picked and magnified.

Scores of similar writes,
only one will really provoke.
Even the shortest of the shortest,
can elicit the deepest admiration.
~Ger.

Cryptic End of Gay Purple

Even the happiest man,
even the brightest soul,
has times of depression.

Just an infinitely petite issue,
just an undefined tiny matter,
can be the last straw for the mind.

Maybe it is just a short-coming,
maybe it is just a flaw,
but there's no denying, that was limit.

Every embodiment of breathing life,
every presentation of living being,
there's no doubt, a furtive side to each.
~Ger.

Shallowness of Shiny Gold

Grabbing all's attention,
a gleaming opague metal.
Beautifying the exterior,
but devouring the interior.

Weighed gram for gram,
a toy for the rich to play.
A word of advice from ages ago,
'not all that gliter is gold.'
~Ger.

Sincerity of Dull Silver

Absorbing colors from the light,
a nature of hiding from man's sight.
Only appreciated when polished,
beauty that few will relish.
Authentic to any who wore,
now, decoration is all it's for.
If we stopped to savour,
we'll know the precious flavour.
~Ger.

Importance of Dusty Brown

Always claiming,
'knowledge is priceless'.
Yet we just buy and throw,
flipping through only once.

Always showing,
our vast list of vocab.
Yet we do not know,
the humility of words.

If impressing was all it was for,
gibberish is worth loads more.
If intelligence is really valued,
will there even be a cost?

Power of Striking Red

Corresponding with black,
the sign of end,
a color that arises fear.

Contradicting with amber,
the idea of vivid joy,
a shade depicting gore and war.

Complementing with green,
the symbol of nature,
a tone signifying Man's defiance.

Completed with blue,
the portrayl of life,
an image marking man-made death.
~Ger.

Uncertainty of Crystal Clear

Confusion smokes the eye,
of a player intrigued.
Yet the answer lies obvious,
to sight of bystanders.

Uniqueness of every mind,
renders simple intricate.
Sophistry of every brain,
straight lines become curves.
~Ger.

Plainess of Rainbow

What it has amazed,
is nothing more than the eye.
None will stop to enjoy,
for life goes on with or without it.

Photos we have taken,
is just an act of preserving.
Stubborn as we may be,
refusing to accept change.

Only the process of thinking,
will fill in the tones.
Only the depth of thoughts,
can paint in the shades.
~Ger.

Colorful Collection Part II

Cool Comfort

Hear the howling winds
speak of coming rains.

Feel the little droplets
fall and roll of the skin.

Breathe the freshness
of grassy air that swirls around

Watching the tears of heaven
hide the passing strangers.
~Ger.

Warm Existence

No matter temperate or
tropical,
there're always times of darkness
and cold.

Regardless if it's loved
or loathed,
it's necessary for both
to exist.

Whether the weather
is harsh,
there's forever a sense of
warmth within.
~Ger.

Bright Vivacy

A mark at the corner,
hinting the coming of light,
that will slowly permeate
the once boundless darkness.

Even just a small area
of an edge of the paper,
is enough to show the
possibility
of the harbinger of
a better tomorrow.
~Ger.

Dark Depression
lamps as the only
sources of light,
in the plain sky at night.
Though cliché,
a certain sense
of sudden sorrow
hits as clear as mornin' dew.
~Ger.

Usual Blithe

In defining each line and
refining each stroke,
we've missed the beauty
of simplicity...
Because the norm can be
more breath-taking,
if heart was what you
had viewed it through.
~Ger.

Colorful Collection Part III

Unidentified Similarities

Captured in the moment,
a small smile on
an intricate feature.

Portrait of a young maiden,
with a hint of a mature artist
in the expression.

Believed to be the lady's,
yet too close to be just
a coincidence.
~Ger.

Distinct Differences

Everyone has a style,
but fame doesn't come around free.

Everyone can mimick,
but each has a voice that is unique.

Everyone can fake,
but eventually you will still be you.
~Ger.

Colorful Collection Part IV

Complete Picture

Mother on a chair
and a child on her lap.
A reflection of affection,
but with more woven within.

Between the clear strokes,
shades and tones are blurred.
An artwork of complex simplicity,
showing clear confusions.

Heart-warming sight of
a parent's love to child.
As perfect as it may seem,
we all know there's a missing piece.
~Ger.

Living Art

Walls lined with framed works
created by familiar foreigners,
copyrighted by famous strangers.

Alleys filled with rows of colours
on canvas, paper and fabric,
takes us to various dimensions.

Galleries of stationary pieces
from the long deceased people,
whom designed legends with eternal life.
~Ger.

Lasting Memory

Devastation seen in the eyes,
of the figuring molded by
hands of unknown artists.

Though all's still,
yet the lack of equilibrium
sends serenity to chaos.

Even after several years,
a statue in the open
is still able to tell a history-
of war.
~Ger.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 5:51 am

Wow Ger...that is a lot of effort and a lot of creativity.
I'm impressed with your colourful collection of poems and the fact that the titles very well related to your poems. It might be short but it was very well written and directed. I can't pick my favourite because to me they all contain the same ferocity of emotions and it was a fast paced yet absolutely engrossing read.

Each poems tell a different story, but it's woven into a pretty picture.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:22 am

This collection of poems is the first collection of poems which i had written the title before the poem... Which means to say, the poem was made to fit the title...? or maybe not so much because i suck at that. ><

effort is definite. this took me about half a year altogether i believe, given the fact that i took a break in between... and it should be counted as well because only with a break between will i then be able to continue with fresh ideas.

I adopted some visual images from my trip to China.

It isn't necessary to pick a favourite, all the better if all of them are ><

Thank you for the praise. i thought i would be criticized for the lack of relevance to the title (the poem to the title that is) but to my surprise, most of the reviewers didn't talk about that. this was actually a breath of fresh air for me as well, because it's a new way of writing poems and it is also a new view to life. i used to associate life to colours, now i'll associate colours to life. flipping it around really does the trick.

i was first inspired to write this collect because of 24 colours -- hatsukoi no palette.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:26 am

actually there's one write which i referred directly to the controversy of Mona Lisa
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:18 am

*~Dreamer~* wrote:
This collection of poems is the first collection of poems which i had written the title before the poem... Which means to say, the poem was made to fit the title...? or maybe not so much because i suck at that. ><

effort is definite. this took me about half a year altogether i believe, given the fact that i took a break in between... and it should be counted as well because only with a break between will i then be able to continue with fresh ideas.

I adopted some visual images from my trip to China.

It isn't necessary to pick a favourite, all the better if all of them are ><

Thank you for the praise. i thought i would be criticized for the lack of relevance to the title (the poem to the title that is) but to my surprise, most of the reviewers didn't talk about that. this was actually a breath of fresh air for me as well, because it's a new way of writing poems and it is also a new view to life. i used to associate life to colours, now i'll associate colours to life. flipping it around really does the trick.

i was first inspired to write this collect because of 24 colours -- hatsukoi no palette.

Yes, I heard of that. Smile Hatsukoi no palette. I won't say it's lack of reverence because everyone has their own style of writing; From what I observed, you're poems are either short and direct, or long and direct. Which is a good thing, and your message conveyed is clear and as-a-matter-of-fact. And I like colous, and you introduced a new perspective to life, colours coordinated. XD It's a great compilation, and ~repeating myself~ creative.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:27 am

no issue on repeating, in fact a synonym for that, with a better connotation would be reiteration ><

Long and direct. haha, that sounds so contradictory. >< I don't really like long poems. Somewhat reads like a story, but sometimes they can grab me a lot. Some long poems can be really outstanding.

here's another: (this is one of my personal favourites, because it's really a dream that I can remember so vividly):

Are You there?

Maple leaves of all colors,
Pink, black, purple, grey,
Falling from their home.

Even if they were fake,
It felt more authentic,
Than any man could bring.

Paper aeroplanes of all colors,
Flying in all directions,
Like butterflies amongst flowers.

Before my feet lands one,
In cursive letters and words,
'Dillian, 4 Respect' was all it read.

~Ger.

A/N:
Alright, there MAY be a little misinterpretation here (which actually would be less confusing to have) for this poem.

The actual dream goes like this....
I was walking on a bridge with my mom (I believe). It felt like autumn (which i don't know why, because singapore doesn't have seasons). It's not just a normal bridge, it's an overhead bridge. Which means to say, what's below, is a road. There was no cover for that overhead bridge i was walking on, and trees would extend their branches into the walk-path on the bridge. And then, leaves were falling from the sky (?) probably from the trees, since it was supposed to be autumn. it was very windy, and so a lot of leaves were flying around. What was weirder, was not that the leaves were of MANY colours, not just green, orange, red, and brown, but other colours as well, like purple and grey. Yes, what was REALLY weird, was that when I looked down from the bridge, I saw children picking up the LEAVES, and FOLDING them into PAPER AIRPLANES. Then, as I walked, an aeroplane (i think there were lines on it, somewhat like our writing papers) dropped onto the walk-path before me. I picked it up and saw those three words -- 'Dillian, 4 Respect'. And Dillian is a senior of my school who has graduated in 2009, and she is a senior I've never seen before. She is a senior of my friend, and she isn't from that class -- 4 Respect, she was from 4 Loyalty.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:41 am

Tuneless Melodies

In the night I stood,
time whence silence ruled.
Yet I paced to the beach,
it's filled with nature's life,
and the endless strife,
that mankind has never reached.
I drew a deepest breath
of salt from a passing breeze,
savoured the tiniest flavour I could seize.
Of all I could sense and feel,
there's nowhere quite as much
like a home, as the bays are,
where waves roll in to whisper to me...
I am alive.
I am forever alive
~Ger.

A poem written in the style of Pablo Neruda.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Passing Point 2

Wising to move back in time,
dreaming of what could've been done,
agony masticates deep into heart.

Unknowingly staring at pictures of her,
rereading her pages over and over,
embracing all that she used to own.

Unable to endure sorrow of loosing love,
drops of wetness beging to puddle,
slowly forgetting purpose of one's existence.

This is but dwelling upon history's marks,
revisiting all the scars by agonizing pain,
Death will be the ultimate end to presumed Utopia.
~Ger.
A/N: As the title suggest, this poem is a second poem. It's a revised edition of 'passing point'. Yes, I rarely revise my poems, but when i do, they become completely different poems, although with a few similar lines.

Just to add on, I'll be doing a major revision of my poems (those which were written a long time ago. I'll revise all of them, get a version 2 for all of them at the very least). I'll be working on them slowly, but it will be easier to do revision than to write new ones (that's obvious), so i think it will finish before i complete my all my collections.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:13 am

Genetically Modified Globe

I laid the next generation,
on these contaminated grounds,
to devour their lives as they grew,
for the world's now unnatural.

This inexorable sin,
all my children are condemned to,
are but the cruel did of men,
who willfully modified us.

Maybe there are still many left,
but numbers are slowly dwindling.
With time as the marker and rule,
an eventual extinction will come.

I laid my head down and rested,
there's nothing more for me to say,
How can I, a tiny little insect,
do anything to change this fact?
~Ger.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:14 am

Hey Ger! Sorry for being so long gone, again, and yes I do realize how many times I apologized, ;p

Before I say anything, I just want to let you know that I learned a lot of new words from the vocabulary you used in your poems, I remembered you said once how words doesn't determine or define a good poem, but I do say that sometimes good choice of words does have an effective effect on the intonation of a poem, which is why I love yours a lot:)

Are You there - I could vividly picture your dream, also because you have provided me with an extended description of your dream, I appreciated the effort you took:) Not to be crude, but I don't really get the message conveyed ;p. I love the flow of it, i love the descriptive words you used, and yes, the second verse held my attention, but could you explain more to me of this poem?

Tuneless Melodies - YES! LOVELY, wait...no....GREAT...okay, that don't really cover it....EPIC title. It held my attention like magnets! Contradicting title, which seemed to be my favorites. The setting was relevant, (it was dark in my mind) and the emotions was soaring high, raw emotions hit me like waves. 'I drew a deepest breath of salt from a passing breeze, savoured the tiniest flavour I could seize.' < My fav quote.

Genetically Modified Globe- At first glance, my first impression was this is a poem about nature, or future, or something related to that. But of course, it's sometihing more that that! Haha! And this is one of my fav piece of yours! It tells the future (about-to-happen) in a very...factual manner, and it's not make believes, but true. I totally can see the world in this perspective in a few more decades, or...gulps...years....And I sense the wu2 nai4 and despair in the tone, or maybe it's just how I see it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreamer's Poetry
Page 10 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next