House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the House Of Night Novels created by P.C. and Kristin Cast. Here, you can discuss each book of House Of Night and each individual characters etc. And also you can role play.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Contact Us - honfanforum@gmail.com  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Tue May 14, 2019 11:14 am
Top posters
VampyreFreak (3778)
Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_vote_lcapTrying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_voting_barTrying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
Rosalie (2948)
Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_vote_lcapTrying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_voting_barTrying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
calico (2263)
natshane (1789)
Namine+Roxas (1749)
ML3 (1217)
Kila (1066)
*~Dreamer~* (1037)
!lunerflower! (946)
Havoc (661)
Latest topics
» insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD
Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 pm by Katie-la

» Dreamer's Poetry
Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:03 pm by Katie-la

» What you last did
Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:19 am by natshane

» finsh the sentence ( game)
Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:18 am by natshane

» Look Around
Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:17 am by natshane

» Have you ever........(game)
Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:16 am by natshane

» If You Could Change One Thing About Yourself
Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» what are you listening to right now?
Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» Last Thing You Watched
Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:14 am by natshane

Trying my luck at poems....

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Female Join date : 2009-06-16

Character sheet
Name: Dreamer (Left); Sky (Right)
Affinity: Power Tapping and Invisibility (both)

Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 6:28 am

lol i believe in reincarnation, but no... not to the extent of thinking things like that. (like the way you think of your dog lol)

idk... but no one really close to me as died... other than my great grand mother... and by the time i came to know her (as in when i am conscious of my actions), she was already paralyzed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/690245/
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Female Join date : 2010-06-11

Character sheet
Name: Adrianna
Affinity: Hobby: Writing

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 6:41 am

I don't wish for anyone else to 'leave' though, I don't know how I would face death personally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetwilightsaga.com
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 6:43 am

we're all working hard because we're all running away from life. something i feel that is. we're all saying we want to study hard earn more money etc... but have we ever thought about 'after i die'?

we don't even permit ourselves to think about 'what if i die tomorrow' or what if i die before i'd expected? because we're only humans. we'd rather live in our make-belief.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 6:47 am

Yes, but I'm thinking about death now, because of the stinking 2012 movie>.< and we're in 2011 already! I was just looking at the nature, their destruction, and couldn't help but wonder, when will nature has its revenge on us?
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 6:56 am

lol. i haven't thought so far. i used to want to protect earth. but look, until a limit, there'll be ice age. so why bother? just live our lives to the most. don't regret when ice age come. they say we will regret what we've done that caused the ice age, but who actually cares? no one manz. i give up trying to care.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:35 am

Oblivion

How can she not know?
The warrior who silently protect her?
The gracefulness of his mighty heart?
How can she not see?
The beauty of his words?
The secret to his every caress?
How can she not understand?
The boldness of his actions?
The braveness that he bear?
For all he is now, it’s because of her
For all that he became, the only reason is to shield her
For all the distress he abides, she’s his anchor to heaven…
Yet, she remains oblivious…
Pity….

This is just a random piece I wrote last year (haha! 2010 is so last year, XDD!)....It's not my best one (WARNING!) and if you didn;t notice, basically every sentenced ended with ?...;p
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:30 am

Noticed that. But you could have reduced the number of question marks.

'How could she not know' isn't a complete question, same goes for 'how could she not see', and 'how can she not understand'.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:26 am

Exactly....XD
This is just a random, not entirely meaningless but still....poem... XD
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:02 am

No poems are meaningless. Every poem is a little about your life. Even though if you may think it isn't.

For me, I write about romance, relationships and all that. It's not that I've experienced it, but I believe, BELIEVE, it's my sub-conscious mind telling me that that's a desire of mine, to experience love and lost, to feel the tinge of happiness from love and the pain from losing it.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:29 am

Random: I've once read that humans have two minds, concious and subconcious. According to that person, most of the time our subconscious has different thoughts than our cvonscious mind, as they don't know what either are thinking, feeling. As for how true is this point, I have no idea. What are you thoughts?

But I wasn't feeling anything when I wrote that, haha. So it's kinda pointless.
I love writing about romance, I'm trying to channel my thoughts into something....romantic, instead of writing about the horrible facts of life.

See ya next week Ger! haha
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:34 am

That is just a fact. Just that majority of our mind belongs to the sub-conscious part. The more successful/ smarter people are those who are able to expose more of the sub-conscious mind, rather, are those who are able to tap itno the sub-conscious mind consciously.

I do admit that happens to me quite often. I am doing aroma therapy currently to get me into the sub-conscious mode so that I can tap in with the conscious mind. i realize that my sub-conscious mind is less resistant to external factors, rather, more prone to being affected by comments. Weaker I should say.

really, it isn't pointless. writing it improves your skills too. even though if it looks like rubbish to you, it WILL and DOES help one way or another, just that you do not realize it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:53 am

Aroma therapy? How is that different from meditation? I tried meditation once but I couldn't get myself 'into' the other realm. It was supposed to help you to calm your mind and seek peace within you but everytime the 'instructor' asked us to concentrate on an imaginary point I completely lost it. Though they said it's a good exercise it just doesn't suit me. I find seeking peace and quite more efficiently when I'm reading or engrossed in writing or simply bu just listening to music. I know that's different, but that's just how I roll, haha.....

Rocker chick, XD
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:58 am

aroma therapy leans towards the hypnotism side, not so much on meditation. it is more of tricking your mind into calming down and not head-on forcing it to chill and stay quiet. Meditation requires a lot of work, aroma therapy are for people like me: lazy.

but seeking peace and calming your mind down is two different idea. seeking peace is calming your soul. when you calm your soul, you are less tensed. but when you meditate, you shut down 'activities' in your mind and body.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 7:02 am

The problem was, I don't know how. They made it seemed relatively easy and I just couldn't get the hang of it, that's why I'm not really into yoga and stuff, partly because I'm also lazy (hehe) and I don't really enjoy doing those stuff. I'm not really that outgoing and that requires me being out of the house.

Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with friends but just....not much in the mall, movies are okay because I'm a total TV addict but I rather spend time doing something progressive, XD, something fast and not slow.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 7:10 am

i see. i'd rather do something... offline. like writing stories and all that. the only kind of interaction i like is non-verbal interaction. i find it difficult to phrase myself in words. because the words don't come out fast enough. i've to stop to think and by the time i get to think it all out, people would've been miles away from what i was thinking about. because i like phrasing myself a lot. phrase and phrase and end up losing people's attention.

but over the net or non-verbal, like writing and all that, i somehow am able to just keep going on. it's faster to think, type/write. maybe because i get to see the words? idk. because i'm a visual person (more visually inclined) so visual images tend to stay longer in my mind. and really... i realized that if i am to read through every textbook from the first page to the last about 10 times before test, i would most likely be confident enough to trash the test because i would have been able to visualize every word on the pages. but i've got to read it carefully and process every information i read. realized that colours don't really work for me apparently.. somehow i can remmeber the textbook, but not the colours. if i can remember by colour, i believe it will be a lot easier for me to work.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 7:30 am

I don't really know which catogory I fall into, as usual, me being undecided. LOL

But if someone asked me of my study technique, I would simply answer
'Easy, a book, a pencil, songs, and my laptop on. Oh, I do study in front of the TV too but I find myself got distracted most of the time even though it's a blank screen. I would be dwelling on whether or not to turn on the TV, haha.)

I am not one for timetables, or coloured notes, or simplified noted etc. In fact, I found reading from the textbook more effective or from reference books too. But I hated myself when I annoy myself with questions. How should I phrase this. Okay like when I'm reading something about respiration, and then I came across a term that I've read in the previous chapter and I get all freaked out because I forgotten what it was, and I would try to relate to it and then there would be another question about another term from that particular term (if you get what I mean, it's hard to explain, ;p) In the end, I flipped through chapters by chpaters just to come to a full understanding but the one I'm supposed to be studying was left hanging. It's very annoying,

Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 7:40 am

you're most likely the auditory learner. you learn easier with music... likely an AVK, in which visual comes afterwards which is why you'd prefer reading chunks of words. but mindmaps would help easy your read.
K is kinesthetic. active people... those who prefer to do first before listening or seeing examples.

eg:
if you have a visual learner, a auditory learner, and a kinesthetic learner in a class,
this is what you're likely to observe:

Teacher goes through a practice question on the board:

V learner: sits up and watches how the teacher does it.
A learner: listen to the teacher and do the next practice until he finds that he doesn't understand what the teacher is saying.
K learner: completely ignores the existence of the teacher and does the questions until he runs into problems and asks the teacher. not really the learning types that teachers prefer because it irritates teachers when they teach that the student is often talking/ sleeping/ doing something else other than listening to him/her, and end up asking questions regarding areas she/he has gone through.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:37 am

That's a very good observation and I felt like I'm taking one of those personality test which actually sort of true. Then I guess I'm more of the A type like you said;) And that's sort of funny, the way you describe A type. haha.

I pay lots of attention in class but sometimes things just don't connect, gah! But I hate tuition, that's why I only have one and the most tuition classes I've gone to was two, and that's already my limit. XD

Lazy huh?

Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:41 am

Loose

A mass murderer on the loose
Yet the children remained obtuse
Of the danger that was posed
By the ruthless, merciless ghost

The blade is his friend
Seeking blood wherever he went
Slitting throat is his trend
Hearing pleas made him content

Children cries echoed in the sky
Shattered the peacefulness of the haunting night
He devoured their innocent fright
In their twisted state he took pride

Has he own no soul?
For the slashes he made on the child’s fair skin…
Has he own no heart?
For draining their blood as their parting gift…

Still in this mess
He was at his crest
Man-slaughtering in every step
Without intention to take a rest

Everyday there’s the newsflash
And I’m torn into shreds
Absorbing the gruesome image
Of the poorly tossed, stashed mess..

ATTN: LOTS OF TELL LINES!
Okay, well, I know this poem is filled with them but I am writing it based on what i FELT when I reread Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and I'm imagining what Mr Hyde would be like. He's an evil being...
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:45 am

I haven't any tuition so far.. but will be going for one soon.

Loose -- Time for me to do some catching up with my general knowledge rofl. I've no idea what dr jekyll and mr hyde is.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 6:30 am

This is the synopsis:

Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (1886), a novella about a dual personality much depicted in plays and films, also influential in the growth of understanding of the subconscious mind through its treatment of a kind and intelligent physician who turns into a psychopathic monster after imbibing a drug intended to separate good from evil in a personality.

Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:18 pm

i see.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:41 am

Haha, I have to read that for Eng lit two years ago, and I know there's a movie for it.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:42 am

i think i've heard of that movie, but well as i've said, i'm no movie goer. ><

I'm more musically and literary indulged ><

I prefer listening and singing and writing and thinking to sitting and watching. I'd very much prefer to be the one who wrote the script then be the one to act it out. and I would very much like to be the one to act it out then be the one to watch it. ><
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:20 am

I like to 'analyse' movies, so yeah, I'm a movie buff. I 'analyse' the script through hearing the actors voice it out, and I analyse the acting, the effects, the emotions, the plot, so I'm very particular in movies. Though I'll critisize it, I still watched it, make sense? LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying my luck at poems....   Trying my luck at poems.... - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying my luck at poems....
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next