House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Welcome to the House of Night Fan Forum!!

Click Log In if you're already a member, or Register if this is your first time here.

Happy Posting!!
Blessed Be
House Of Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the House Of Night Novels created by P.C. and Kristin Cast. Here, you can discuss each book of House Of Night and each individual characters etc. And also you can role play.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Contact Us - honfanforum@gmail.com  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Tue May 14, 2019 11:14 am
Top posters
VampyreFreak (3778)
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_vote_lcapDreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_voting_barDreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_vote_rcap 
Rosalie (2948)
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_vote_lcapDreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_voting_barDreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_vote_rcap 
calico (2263)
natshane (1789)
Namine+Roxas (1749)
ML3 (1217)
Kila (1066)
*~Dreamer~* (1037)
!lunerflower! (946)
Havoc (661)
Latest topics
» insert.awesomitasticamongus.word.here.and.you've.got.this.thread xD
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 pm by Katie-la

» Dreamer's Poetry
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:03 pm by Katie-la

» What you last did
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:19 am by natshane

» finsh the sentence ( game)
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:18 am by natshane

» Look Around
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:17 am by natshane

» Have you ever........(game)
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:16 am by natshane

» If You Could Change One Thing About Yourself
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» what are you listening to right now?
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am by natshane

» Last Thing You Watched
Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:14 am by natshane

Dreamer's Poetry

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Female Join date : 2010-06-11

Character sheet
Name: Adrianna
Affinity: Hobby: Writing

Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Hey Ger,

That quote made sense to me because if you don't know someone, then you COULD hurt them .Because if you are friends, you are held back by loyalty, friendship and guilt. Without guilt, there would be no remorse for hurting someone. Unlike backstabbing someone, you will always feel guilt no matter how much you deny it.

It could be intepreted both ways:) And I won't do that to you too!

I don't know, maybe it's a case of PMS or lack of sleep I couldn't decide, haha.

Now now, I have a friend like 'Kelly' too! She talks a lot and like you, in MSN i was the one who was rambling away! The irony!

PS. I noticed that your poems improved a lot!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetwilightsaga.com
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Female Join date : 2009-06-16

Character sheet
Name: Dreamer (Left); Sky (Right)
Affinity: Power Tapping and Invisibility (both)

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 6:21 am

Really? How? I didn't think I'd have improved lol.
most of them came from daily experiences and many a times, they were impromptu poems, written on the wimp.
Can see from the vocabulary, from the simple structures.
Unless of course you were pointing to rhyme.
Well because this poem, if written without rhyme, would sound a complete mess. so I included rhyme. in which one was totally random: 'like grey clouds hinting the arrival of snow' it was just to rhyme ><

Thanks anyways!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/690245/
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:08 am

No, I noticed a change in your poems and somehow I noticed they got better and better, in sense of rhyming, choice of words and the messages it conveys.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:21 pm

lol. I don't quite get you. maybe it's because I'm the one writing, so I don't really notice it. Well, we always have blind spots. will look into 'in what ways' I have improved ><

i was surprised to see your comment, i thought it would be a mistake of my computer that it didn't register me posting a reply. ><
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:34 pm

A/N: Must be wondering why the a/n is right at the top, before the poem. Well simple! Please flame all you like. Because I know it sucks big time. Expecting lots of flames, charring me, burning me, blackening me (oh what a pun this is! blacken me due to char, and blacken me with ink! ><)
Anyways, i wrote this because I simply don't understand why people want others to read and review their writes, but don't rlly bother reviewing others! Probably the LOUSIEST title you've seen, but yea. I couldn't think up anything. Do suggest if you have anything you think will fit better. (: many thanks in advance for critics, reviews... in fact, would be really grateful if you would even read it ><

Pieces of My Mind

I
Giving makes one lovable,
Sharing returns showers of love,
Cause what goes around comes around.

II
Offering thoughts gets one one-liners,
Giving honest critics brings home silence,
Sought not seek of shallow simplistic souls.
~Ger.

Last edited by *~Dreamer~* on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:22 am

A/N: The following poem will have little depth. it's written to a teacher, for teachers' day. It's more of a sequence of events and like more layman kind of writing. nothing to delve into.. unless of course, you can find any to! Do tell me if you can ><

The Proud Secretary

I
Whether 'Drama Queen',
or 'Scary Little Teacher',
They all do not matter,
for you stay the best mentor,
in the depths of my heart.

Reasons, I don't have many,
but love and passion,
I have boundless of them!

II
I once had the wildest dreams,
to publish a compilation of my writes.
Thought it was foolish of me,
yet now I see an abundance of hope.

Striving to give the best of the best
in every chance you lay before me,
hoping to never fail you even once,
yet I do know I often do.

'Overcomer' is not just a label,
it is who I am, and what I want to be.
For I DO strongly believe,
that under your wings,
my future will be bright.

III
There really isn't a need for me
to wish you a Happy Teachers' Day,
for I know you will always be,
because you survived 4MD!

And there may be many I adore,
but you're by far the best I've had,
and thus the reason for my choice --
To be the English Language Rep!
~Ger.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:36 am

Ger! Have some confidence in yourself, of course I would want to read your poems! No matter how shallow or deep or meaningless or random it is, it always make sense, haha

That was not a short piece, but it's an elaboration on a moral value.

When's your teacher's day anyway? I bet the teacher will be touched to read that:)

My favourite staza:

'Overcomer' is not just a label,
it is who I am, and what I want to be.
For I DO strongly believe,
that under your wings,
my future will be bright.

I love being an underdog and was appreciated by the teacher, Razz
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 6:26 am

It's on 1st of september (if i don't remember wrongly) it's a little early, but i really adore her. she's and awesomely short teacher >< okay that was mean of me to say, but she's short and really cute. she's like the drama queen of all the teachers we came to know since 4 years ago. cute really. :DD I won't forget such a teacher.

And 'overcomer' is something every single one of us in the class included in our personal qualities for our testimonial lol. so she said 'so all of you are overcomers? but i don't see it! look at the way you all just copy your essays and do spelling corrections with your essays instead of putting in effort to change details and facts and descriptions in your essay, i don't see you all as 'overcomers'" lol so i included that. random afterthought ><

No, i was surprised because i didn't expect you to reply or comment so fast. you usually took like a week or two, so it was really out of the blue for you to reply in under a week ><

it was short because it's like 6 lines. it was lousy because it is incoherent? yeah. that's my idea of it being lousy and short. anyways, i was just packed with emotions, just didn't know how to pen them down, so had them in labelled sections instead of continuous stanzas. man, i sure do hate one-liners. totally. completely, absolutely. and i hate it when you have to ask them for reviews and what do they give you? 1 liners. tempted to scream 'idiots!'.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:37 am

Yeah, sometimes one liners are a representation of a brush off. LOL, in my opinion anyways.

Really? Well it depends on when I'm online though. I'm kind of neglecting my homework anyway, I'm having a marvelous weekend! (Maybe not that marvelous because my cinema have yet to show Harry Potter, darn it! And I really wanted to watch Transformers, they said it was amazing!)

I don't mind a short poem though, sometimes a long one tend to drag on, it sucked and left us in a confused state. But don't worry, yours never was, haha. I like reading your poems because it's like reading you activities in your daily life, it's sort of like a diary, XD A sophisticated way of writing a diary, XD
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:43 am

haha. it's indeed my diary. i have honestly been trampling in the pride of poets >< i'm using poetry as a diary >> that's such a insult. it's like making poetry a low-class form of writing in which it is suppose to be for the elite and deep people and what-not lol.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:45 am

No no no, that's reinventing the diary, or simply changing the 'tradition' of writing a diary, personally, I think Poetry-diary writing is artistic and unique, hell, it's more beautiful!
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:51 am

but people like to label that is sophistry. i mean it's completely layman. if you were to read that is. it's just the people seem to think too much of the poem like rlly TOO MUCH. they're like. what does this line mean? like ' the curtain is blue'. oh it isn't that the curtain is blue, it's not a literal image. it's supposed to show something. like his emotions.. blah blah blah. lol. and it goes on.
like really poems ain't all about finding the techniques used and the analysis of the poem. the essential question that we often overlook when reading is 'why this emotions of all the rest possible emotions?' and 'what could he/she have been going through while writing this?' rather, ' what made him/her write this in such a way?'
'why would it make us feel this way about the poem?' okay that's a lot of questions, but these essential understanding questions are often overlooked because we jump-start to thinking about how to answer the question posed to us. they normally ask how the poet effectively engages the reader for qn1. thne the second question is about techniques and their effects. then we end up confusing them up and talking about devices for both. apparently, they don't rlly look for YOUR interpretating of the lines... they only ask for how these lines show this emotion. like i mean they don't really want you to interprete what the line means, only interprete how it shows what you've stated in your answer.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:56 am

Man, you speak my mind. I even have a picture that says

(coincidentally)

What the author meant / What your teacher thought it meant

For instance : The curtains were blue. (It was really a weird coincidence! Is that line from a poem?)

What your teacher thinks : 'The curtains represent his immense depression and his lack of will to move on.

What the author really meant : 'The curtains were f****** blue'

Haha, I can't really post it here because it contained the word, but anyway, sometimes, it just annoys me that a direct poem is interpreted complicatedly, darn it, the author just meant what she meant!
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:59 am

like totally. i got this example from a friend. she was telling me abt it.
she came and told me 'the curtains are blue'. then immediately jump-started into depression, fear, agony, mellow, loneliness, tears everything, but the colour. lol.
it's just a plain, blue curtain. yeah just a fking blue curtain. wts, wth do you have to go on about it being all about depression and what-not. it's just a fking blue curtain, no more, no less. ><
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:00 am

TRUE! It might symbolizes something, but come on, depression? Blue is always a happy colour to me.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:08 am

blue is calming~ blue is beauitful~ blue is an oasis, a world, a space for living and to live. no way i can live without blue (although technically speaking... the lake in my school is green, and the water i'm drinking is transparent.) lol
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:12 am

Haha! You'e funny, I love the blue sky though and I hate artificial blue, I can't stand blue that looked like the Buncho colours (watercolour). And I think my new fav colour is red, there's something about it that appeals to me.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:16 am

my favourite colour has always been blue, followed by yellow, black, red, green.not rlly into green. red is okay. black is nice, i've al lot of black things, phone for example. yellow is lively. and uhh.. you'll think i'm crazy and that i need to go to a mental institute for saying this, but i love yellow because it reminds me of lightning. lol.
Back to top Go down
* ashton*
Being Chosen by a Cat
Being Chosen by a Cat
* ashton*

Male Join date : 2011-07-13

Character sheet
Name: jay
Affinity: water,

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:17 am

.......... you really like colors! jeese i have only three favorite colors hmm....... theres dark blue, lime green and black, XD
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:22 am

Haha! Yellow is lighting? Now that kind of made sense.

I love colours that they often catagorized as goth/emo colours, which I need to mention:

Goth is just a fashion statement,
Emo is just a philosophical exspression,
Not a suicide motivation!

Anyway, back to the topic, my fav colour combination:

Purple/Black
Purple/Silver
Red/Black
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:29 am

what perfection and precision you have in describing and defining goth and emo! (how, that's some alliteration! i didn't notice until i finished the line lol.. there, jump-starting to analyzing lines again. rofl)

and yeah, not rlly colour specific here. just a generic colour, primary colours so to speak. i don't really dislike green, just nothing's so special about it.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:31 am

LMAO. No worries, just don't overanalyze it, XD

Generic colours huh? The only green I like is Forest green though.
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:36 am

ahhh! forest! PIANO NO MORI! sorry, digress again. my mind just jumped there rofl.
piano no mori = piano in the forest. it's an anime. super cute. it speaks about music, i mean duhh.. piano's there for a reason. lol.
actually.. from the way i arrange it, you can see red and green are the last two. there's actually not a lot of distinction between the two. sometimes i don't like green more, sometimes red more. red is such a cliche and colour. blood and love. two opposites that come together. wow. i'm writing so many contradictory lines. i just meant they're two opposite ends that can appear together. like love to a certain extent can cause bloodshed. love triangles, and breakups. and these are completely overused in essays, poetry, stories, novels, blah.
Back to top Go down
natshane
High Priestess
High Priestess
natshane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:40 am

Now now, let me offer you a new perspective on RED.

Red does not only signify LOVE and BLOOD. It does also represent a red hot passion for something. The reason why I love read because it is striking (and of course I have a weird fascination towards Blood, and I think red is beautiful Razz I'm loving vampires)
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Losing Two Friends
Losing Two Friends
*~Dreamer~*

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:49 am

first thought after reading 'i've a fascination towards blood' -- you must be obsessed with twilight or some vampire story. -- checked, i was right.

yes passion, but to me, passion is orange. it's not a primary colour. and to pick a primary colour, orange leans towards yellow. and therefore my love for yellow.and why i said it reminds me lightning? the physics behind lighting. is he negative and positive charges. and it's the complete opposites that attract and causes lightning. probably because i'm a person who likes the ambiguous contradictions, grey areas per se, so lightning is pretty significant to me. striking not only in colour, but striking the ground >< that's what i want to become. something outstanding. something striking the world with every ounce of energy i have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreamer's Poetry   Dreamer's Poetry - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreamer's Poetry
Page 13 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next